Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject The bouncing star of the southwest sky
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I've been seeing this for several weeks. it seems to be there between about 10 p.m. to midnight give or take a bit, mountain standard time. looking southwest. I only noticed because the skies where I live tend to be washed out from all the city lights and this was bright and I wanted to see if it twinkled, if it was a planet or star. Looks twinkly to me, but as I was watching, it suddenly started moving irradically, bouncing up, down back forth, circular in a very pronounced manner. You just have to keep staring at it a few seconds and it will start. it's a little past midnight here and I went to see if it's still there. it was smaller than before and maybe faded away by now but whenever I happen to check on it late at night, I usually see it and it always behaves in the same manner. I don't know any planets or stars that bounce. Anybody else?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP