Users Online Now: 1,574 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 28,286
Pageviews Today: 39,824Threads Today: 7Posts Today: 191
12:20 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject GOD IS SHAKING HIS HEAD: Best-Selling Devotional Has Prayer to 'Help Me to Hate White People'
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Best-Selling Devotional Has Prayer to 'Help Me to Hate White People'

BY MATT MARGOLIS
APRIL 07, 2021 12:24 PM ET

How far have we come since Martin Luther King Jr. gave his famous “I Have a Dream” speech?

Sometimes, I’m not so sure. While our society has made tremendous progress toward the idea that all men are created equal, anti-whiteness seems to be all the rage these days. And that is no less racist than hating anyone of any other color.

Yet, in the book, A Rhythm of Prayer: A Collection of Meditations for Renewal, there is a prayer called “Prayer of a Weary Black Woman” that asks God to “help me to hate white people.”

Dear God,

Please help me to hate white people. Or at least to want to hate them. At least, I want to stop caring about them, individually and collectively. I want to stop caring about their misguided, racist souls, to stop believing that they can be better, that they can stop being racist.

The book, published in February, was a New York Times bestseller.

The offending prayer was written by Chanequa Walker-Barnes, Ph.D. According to her bio, she is a “theologian and psychologist” and “her mission is to serve as a catalyst for healing, justice, and reconciliation.”

So, wanting to hate white people serves that mission? Really?

As you can see in the above screenshots, the whole prayer is a hateful screed against white people, and even specifically calls out “Fox News-loving, Trump-supporting voters.”

CONTINUED AT:
[link to pjmedia.com (secure)]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP