Users Online Now: 1,679 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 160,733
Pageviews Today: 269,848Threads Today: 87Posts Today: 1,606
03:30 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject HELP - Is it normal/acceptable for a wife to go through all of husband’s text messages every day?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Background - I am married. No infidelity on her or my part. This is a heated point of contention between the two of us. She feels it is normal and acceptable while I am insistent that this breeds mistrust and is beyond unacceptable, beyond normal and beyond unhealthy. I have no interest in getting her to simply agree to stop doing this. I want her not only to stop - but to also realize and acknowledge how incredibly wrong the act is.

As to the act itself. If, at the end of the day (or at any point during the day), your wife made it a habit to take your phone and go through your entire texting history from that day as a point of routine, what would you think?

My wife insists she is only trying to stay informed. I am of the opinion that 99% of the population would think their spouse is suspicious of something if this was a daily habit - be it suspicious of infidelity or other secrets.

All that being said - to be clear - I have no problem with my spouse picking up my phone should a message come in and reading it. I have no problem with my spouse using my phone. I have no problem with my spouse seeing my communication history. I’m talking specifically about the act of going through your message history text by text by text.

In your opinion, would this breed suspicion on the part of a husband? I have nothing to hide, but simultaneously, I think any reasonable person would think that their wife suspects them of something if this was a daily routine.

Both men and women, married and unmarried - please chime in.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP