Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject I think I know why they aren't pushing for everyone to take zinc
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I had some problems years ago with acid reflux, they gave me the purple pill - prilosec, and some reglan

my health went down anyway, ended up with a lot of bad bacteria in the intestines and no good bacteria, finally figured out I had a gluten issue that wasn't obvious

long story short, I ended up with a holistic doc because no regular docs were helping and one of the things he put me on was zinc, he said that you need stomach acid to absorb zinc and you need zinc to produce stomach acid, so you can get in this vicious cycle of low zinc and then you have issues with stomach acid production and digestion, that was a long time ago

I've noticed since I upped my zinc supps recently to combat covid that my stomach acid has increased

how many people here have noticed a change in their acid reflux or digestive issues after taking zinc for a while? or even their overall health?

I think zinc is probably low in a lot of people with other ailments, especially digestive ones, and the drug companies don't want people to start taking zinc because they will lose some digestive related prescriptions, like the purple pill or whatever they're using now

I'm sure there's a new patented version of prilosec now, that patent must have run out long ago, and I remember like 20 years ago it was $5 per pill

btw, acid reflux and the burning can happen with low stomach acid, too, so beware of taking an acid reducer unless you know what's going on, you may end up wrecking the bacterial balance in your intestines, get a comprehensive digestive stool analysis to see how you're digesting your food
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP