Users Online Now: 1,895 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 508,184
Pageviews Today: 838,515Threads Today: 292Posts Today: 5,411
09:58 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Netanyahu's blistering attack on EU caught on open microphone amid Palestine row
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message In 2017, Mr Netanyahu launched a blistering attack on the EU at a closed-door meeting of eastern European leaders in Budapest, warning the political grouping would wither and die if it did not change its policy towards his country.

The overheard remarks were reported by Israeli journalists covering the trip.

In the meeting with the leaders of Hungary, Slovakia, Czech Republic and Poland, Mr Netanyahu urged them to close their doors to refugees from Africa and the Middle East.

He said: "I think Europe has to decide if it wants to live and thrive or if it wants to shrivel and disappear.

"I am not very politically correct. I know that's a shock to some of you. It's a joke.

"But the truth is the truth - both about Europe's security and Europe's economic future. Both of these concerns mandate a different policy toward Israel."

Before officials realised the meeting was being overheard by reporters and cut the feed, Mr Netanyahu insisted: "The European Union is the only association of countries in the world that conditions the relations with Israel, which produces technology in every area, on political conditions. The only ones! Nobody does it."

[link to www.msn.com (secure)]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP