Users Online Now: 1,649 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 314,094
Pageviews Today: 496,460Threads Today: 155Posts Today: 2,469
06:17 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Does this sound like some shenanigans are being pulled re: real estate?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message A friend's relative is in an Alzheimer's ward (although they do not really have Alzheimer's - only possibly the beginnings of it). Their guardian cut-off all communication between the imprisoned relative and all other relatives/friends except for a very select few and took away their cell phone. The guardian is not a good person, I can guarantee you that. (As a side note, anyone older should be certain they have secured a reputable POA or you, too, could be imprisoned.)

Anyway, got a call from the friend that their relative, the guardian, had sold the person's (who in a nursing home lockdown) home for a substantial amount of money - which would likely take care of them for at least the next 4+ to 6 years (assuming around $70 to $100K per year charges). And, although it is assumed there was likely still sufficient funds in the bank to cover expenses, it is feasible one can assume it was wise to sell the house as it is sitting empty(?).

Now, the guardian is selling the imprisoned relative's farmland and other house. They told my friend that they would get it appraised and let them know the value before listing it. However, they never did...the guardian just texted the listing of the property to my friend. Other relatives feel the appraisal was way too low.

A few days later a few email offers come in -- property sight unseen -- and my friend is being told by the guardian that they need an answer if my friend or any of their friends are interested in the property before a certain time tonight!

I think something stinks in Denmark. Why would the guardian take a offer after only 3 days of it being listed? Why did the guardian not let my friend know the appraisal value prior to listing as they promised they would (and possibly avoid realtor fees)? As mentioned, the proceeds from the sale of the main house should easily cover 4-6 in years of nursing homes expenses, so securing funds to cover the relative's nursing home care is not an issue where time is of the essence.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP