Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Something big may be about to happen on the sun - Spaceweather news
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message SOLAR WIND, INCOMING: A high-speed stream of solar wind is approaching Earth. ETA: June 15-16. The gaseous material is flowing from a southern hole in the sun's atmosphere and could spark high-latitude auroras when it arrives. Aurora alerts: SMS Text.

THE TERMINATION EVENT: Something big may be about to happen on the sun. "We call it the Termination Event," says Scott McIntosh, a solar physicist at the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR), "and it's very, very close to happening."

Please see Spaceweather for more details. I cant seem to post the link here.

I dont know if the 2 events above, the solar wind incoming and the Terminator Event are related but it seems a bit odd that the images from this solar event are not available on websites where you can see images of solar activity:

These images are not available to the public:

3 Major Solar Websites Down after Solar Explosion

[link to www.youtube.com (secure)]

I know BP has been seen to be a drama queen in the past but SOHO theatre, which shows images from the sun is currently down.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP