Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject World War 2 was a spiritual war as much as it was a physical war
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I realized something...

In every war things happen to the vanquished. The vanqished nations' people are treated justly, generously, magnanimously, or are made to suffer and are oppressed. Society is changing, history has changed and goes in another direction.

With World War 2 it's no different but there is something I have been thinking about.

The outcome of WW 2 has changed the American people in a certain way which would have been different had the outcome of the war been different. This struck me particularly when I watched some old footage from after Japan's capitulation, and I watched a Japanese man (not a commoner, but someone with some status and an educated person) seated somewhere and an American entering the room, and it struck me how the American made his victor status clear to the Japanese, totally unlike how the victorious party behaved at the signing of the surrender by the Japanese on the ship.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP