Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Any electricians in the house?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Quick question:

I'm installing a mini-split system in my house with three heads. I know the outside unit takes 220v to operate and then from the outside unit a tthn wire is run to the indoor head unit. With the 30amp circuit breaker off, the outdoor dedicated shut off to the outside unit pulled, I still am getting current to the head unit. That is strange since there are no other wires running in the wall behind the head unit. (I wonder if there is a battery in the head unit).

Now here is my question. The outside unit and the inside unit do not operate when I have the fuse "on" and the outside shut off switch installed. I have a fuse panel installed that runs the outside unit but one side(pole) has not been installed. Hence, when testing the load from my service pole to my breaker box I am getting 168v to half of my panel and zero to the other half. With 168v coming into the panel and then going out to the compressor unit, is that enough to make the system run or is it too low with the voltage to make the system work?

It seems there is enough voltage to get to the head unit but not enough to make the system run.

I am going to contact my electrician and the mini-split company to figure this out, but in the mean time I just wanted a confirmation of my problem......not enough juice to make the components operate.

Thanks.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP