Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Question about Bitcoin and Crypto in General
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I am fairly technology illiterate, but dangerous enough to use a computer for email, spreadsheets, etc. I also have bought minor amounts of a few different cryptos just to play around with them and see how they work.

Something I've always wondered about crypto is this: I understand the rationale for its use, the fact the it is inflation proof (well, bitcoin is anyway since it has a maximum cap on coins), and it keeps you outside of the corrupt Fed system. All good..

But since it is all based on an algorithm and encryption, what would occur if a quantum computer were ever invented and that computing power was aimed at cracking the encryption?

Once that is cracked once, does the whole currency become worthless, or does the encryption/algorithm dynamically change each time it is used? Thus "re-encrypting" itself and making it secure again?

Genuinely curious if someone with tech knowledge could answer that.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP