Users Online Now: 2,022 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 521,128
Pageviews Today: 831,101Threads Today: 337Posts Today: 5,194
08:58 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject A trans swimmer and senior at the University of Pennsylvania, who previously spent three years competing as a man, is now crushing records
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message [link to www.dailymail.co.uk (secure)]

A trans swimmer and senior at the University of Pennsylvania, who previously spent three years competing as a man, is now crushing records in women's events, sparking outrage amid controversy surrounding transgender athletes.

Lia Thomas, 22, formerly named Will, has competed in a number of events recently, including a tri-meet with Cornell and Princeton universities on November 20 where the senior 'blasted' UPenn records in the 200m and 500m freestyle - posting times that beat almost every other female swimmer across America.

With a time of 1:43:47 in the 200m freestyle, Thomas would have been in line to secure a silver medal at the NCAA Women's Championships, while her 4:35:06 in the 500m freestyle would have been good enough to win bronze.

Speaking in June to Penn Today, the university's newspaper, about her ability to continue competing as a trans athlete, Thomas said: 'Being trans has not affected my ability to do this sport and being able to continue is very rewarding.'

Thomas, who is co-chair of the Penn Non-Cis club, for trans and non-cisgender people, also said at the time that swimming is 'a huge part of my life and who I am.'

bert-facepalm
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP