Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Punishment in Hell is Not Eternal, The Mark is "Cleanable"
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message There are 3 really bad lies that Xianity teaches:

1) Punishment in hell is eternal
2) "Rapture"
3) A single preacher at the pulpit is sufficient

At the moment, I would like to address #1.

TL;DR

The fire of the lake of fire lasts "for the eon" or, in other words, as long as is necessary. Punishment in the lake of fire exactly matches the debt that the one punished owes. Not more, not less.

So, the lake of fire will last until all debt is paid.

Too Long Version

God is Kind He is not interested in torture, he is not interested in hate. He observes all moral actions and writes a balance sheet. When you have lost the ability to act further (when you die), he tallies and judges (as he says, "in the mouth of two or three witnesses") and he allows the soul to bear the weight of punishment that the soul dished out during its life.

After the debt is paid, I am not sure what happens next. I am open to ideas from the text of the bible.

God Forgives It is apparent to me that God forgives as much as he can.

For instance, if a person steals something from another person, there are at least two witnesses: the person stolen from and the person that stole. For the sake of simplicity, this is not a poor person that is stealing to eat, rather this is a person that has no need, and is stealing for the satisfaction of greed. When is comes to judgement, God will query this thief and ask about the theft, the repayment and the state of the heart.

I believe that God forgives as follows:

1) The thief holds regret in their heart.
2) The thief manifests the regret by attempting resolution. This usually means making it up to the one-stolen-from, or when this is not possible, making it up to one in a similar situation. In the law of god this was typically 4x the value of the theft, but sometimes other amounts. So, the thief returns 4x the value to the one-stolen-from, or when this is not possible, to another in a similar situation, or when this is not possible, 4x tossed out the window on the freeway or similar. At least allowing oneself to carry the pain that one inflicted.
3) If one cannot pay (as in the case of murder), then complete submission or self-enslavement to the direction and actions of the spirit of God. As I see it, He will strengthen one to bear the weight of ones crime: overbalancing the crime with right doing.

For this, God will forgive.

Otherwise, I believe that God demands payment.

God Demands Exact Payment Payment in the next life is just like payment in this life, it is paid in personal pain or effort. Let's say that the theft rendered the one-stolen-from hungry for a day. My opinion is that the thief will pay a day or something like this in the lake of fire.

If one ends another's life early, the balance of the lifetime will be paid by the murderer in the lake of fire.

If one is naive in committing the crime, then the weight of the crime will be moderated and the punishment made equal to the crime. This is the case with the mother in many, many abortions. Mostly the murder will be paid by the corporation owners, the medical staff, the legislators, the city / state / federal employees responsible for the permitting and licenses, etc.

You Can Turn Back From Almost Any Crime The law of Moses clearly demonstrates what things God considers crimes, how He feels they should be made-up-for and how to avoid them in the first place.

Jesus goes further and talks about crimes that one can commit in the privacy of their own mind / heart.

Finally, Jesus teaches about how a person can commit themselves to the leading of the Spirit of God and live perfectly, making up for wrongs they have committed and going further by acting with the power and direction of the spirit of the Creator in all things.

There Are Some Crimes One Cannot Turn Back From An example of a crime that one must pay for is, "Blaspheming the Holy Spirit". Basically this means making-fun-of or asserting-as-inconsequential any human act that is empowered by the Spirit of the Creator. For instance, Jesus brings up the topic of "blaspheming the holy spirit" when he heals a person miraculously, and his enemies assert that he has used the power of demons to do the healing. In contrast, when Joseph (son of Jacob) interprets the king's dream, the king immediately gives honor to the God which Joseph serves. Here's a clue: if someone does something miraculous, honor your Creator.

Even Blaspheming the Spirit of God Does Not Demand Eternal Hell Fire This crime must be paid, but even this crime has human context and is not some sort of eternally damnable sin.

Taking the Mark of the Beast Requires Willful Use
If you are under the age of 13, mentally handicapped, senile, etc, I do not think that receiving the mark and using it will result in punishment. I may be wrong, as it is possible that a 12-year-old would have sufficient moral capacity to choose the mark over God. This is not, however, the common situation.
If you receive the mark and refuse so benefit by it, this will not result in punishment. If you use it to keep a job or buy groceries or even make house payments, this is usage, and as I understand it, this is condemnable. This person will "have his place" in the lake of fire, but not necessarily be there for 1000 years.
If you receive the mark and are not aware of the nature of your crime against God, this is also does not warrant full culpability.
If you receive the mark and remove it, this is honorable. Note: the injection is fully removable, as will be the bio-computer. It's tricky, but removable.

Only The Beast and the False Prophet Are Guaranteed 1000 Years In the Lake of Fire as Regards the Mark
The Beast is the governmental system that creates the mark. This includes politicians, bankers, corporate heads, etc. Basically any people that are involved in making laws, enforcing laws, creating the necessary technology, benefiting from the laws and technology.
The False Prophet is the modern church, so called. This includes pastors, priests and all clergy, religious writers that agree with the same, song writers, teachers of any kind that create the metaphor required for the mark to be instantiated. The doctrines of Rapture or Reformed amillennialism, catholic idea of J3^^s accepting a false messiah that takes power over the world, etc. Any teaching that discounts the rise of a national entity that requires an identifying mark in order to buy or sell. I am pretty sure that this includes teachers of the Christians, J3^^s and Muslims alike.

The followers of these teachings will be badly deceived by their teachers. Many will follow their teachers and earn their own place in punishment with them, however, most (as I see it) will not endure the full 1000 years.

PS
I know this is long and completely devoid of bible references. Just remember that when you hear about "eternal hell fire", look at the passage quoted and double check to see if the hell-fire lasts forever or the punishment in the hell-fire. It's always the former.

Peace to all that will hear.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP