Users Online Now: 1,526 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 143,295
Pageviews Today: 194,277Threads Today: 51Posts Today: 835
01:38 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject In Arabic 'Al Qaeda' means 'seat toilet' ... yes sure an Arabic terrorist group would name themselves like that ...
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Edit:
Have to insert this conversation with here:
Anyone speaking perfectly Arabic here who can confirm this?
------
I do!
It means the base, and also toilet seat
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 333480

AC do you honestly think an Arabic terrorist group would have named themselves like that if it is commonly used for toilet?
I am really interested in your opinion.
-----------
No, especially if they are islamic. BTW, no one in that part of the world ever heard of this group before 9-1-1, but most felt guilty and embarrassed, they themselves believed it --- until recently.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 333480

It means toilet where one can sit as opposed to that one which has a hole in the ground ...

Hold that Thought, I've got to go to the Al Qaeda.
[link to smokingmirrors.blogspot.com]

What does the word "Al-Qaeda" mean ? In Arabic, "Al-Qaeda" has a different meanings, among them “Base", "Ground", "Norm", "Rule", "Fundament", "Grammar". The exact meaning is dependent on the context in which it is used. It depends on the word which follows “Al-Qaeda” in the sentence. "Qawa'ad Askaria" is an Army Base, "Qawa'ad Lugha" stands for Grammar Rules (the Bases of Grammar).

"Qa'ada" is the infinitive of the verb "to sit". "Ma-Qa'ad" is a chair. "Al-Qaeda" is the base or fundament of something. "Ana raicha Al Qaeda" is colloquial for "I'm going to the toilet". A very common and widespread use of the word “Al-Qaeda” in different Arab countries in the public language is for the toilet bowl. This name comes from the Arabic verb “Qa'ada” which mean “to sit”, pertinently, on the “Toilet Bowl”. In most Arabs homes there are two kinds of toilets: “Al-Qaeda” also called the "Hamam Franji" or foreign toilet, and "Hamam Arabi" or “Arab toilet” which is a hole in the ground. Lest we forget it, the potty used by small children is called "Ma Qa'adia" or "Little Qaeda".

[link to www.prisonplanet.tv]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP