Users Online Now: 2,594 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,303,540
Pageviews Today: 1,860,157Threads Today: 515Posts Today: 9,822
03:08 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject TX Governor Greg Abbott (R) 'Livid' After He Was 'Misled' About Police Response In Uvalde Shooting
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message [link to www.zerohedge.com (secure)]

Update (1705ET): Texas Governor Greg Abbott (R) said he was 'misled' about the police response to the school shooting in Udvalde, and is 'livid about what happened.'

Gov. Greg Abbott on how what police initially told him (and the world) about their response to Ulvade was wrong: "I was misled. I am livid about what happened. I was on this very stage two days ago...telling the public information that had been told to me." pic.twitter.com/BNF1J9sF4F

— Curtis Houck (@CurtisHouck) May 27, 2022
In taped remarks delivered to the National Rifle Association's annual meeting in Houston on Friday, Abbott also said that there was no law that would have stopped the shooter from procuring a firearm before this week's elementary school shooting which left 19 children and two adults dead.

"There are thousands of laws on the books across the country that limit the owning or using of firearms, laws that have not stopped madmen from carrying out evil acts on innocent people in peaceful communities," he said, adding that the gunman committed a felony before "he even pulled the trigger" by carrying a gun on a school campus.

"Well, just as laws didn’t stop the killer, we will not let his evil acts stop us from uniting the community he tried to destroy," he added.

Update (1250ET): In a very emotional and defensive press conference this morning, Texas DPS Director Steven McCraw admitted said the decision of officers to wait to enter the building was the "wrong" one.

"In retrospect, from where I am sitting from right now, clearly there were kids in the room. It's important for live saving proposes to immediately get there and render aid," McCraw said.

"Of course it was not the right decision, it was the wrong decision."

BREAKING: Texas DPS Director on why police didn’t try to enter the school to rescue students: "the on scene commander… believed it had transitioned from an active shooter to a barricaded subject"

pic.twitter.com/AqWRWiKQTI

— Benny Johnson (@bennyjohnson) May 27, 2022
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP