Users Online Now: 1,738 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 526,227
Pageviews Today: 813,524Threads Today: 320Posts Today: 4,250
09:09 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Interesting...Kat Von D says she's throwing out books about witchcraft and the macabre
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Kat Von D has made another significant life change.

The tattoo artist shared in an Instagram post on Thursday that she's throwing out books about witchcraft, magic, and the macabre because they "don't align" with who she wants to be.

This seems to be a major departure for Von D, since these themes have long been a part of her aesthetic and brands. Von D's former beauty brand offered a tarot-inspired collection and a black lipstick color named "Witches," for example, and her current shoe line offers a coffin-shaped wallet.

"I've always found beauty in the macabre, but at this point, I just had to ask myself what is my relationship with this content?" she wrote on Instagram. "And the truth is, I just don't want to invite any of these things into our family's lives, even if it comes disguised in beautiful covers, collecting dust on my shelves."

Von D included photos in the post of the books she tossed and opened up about having "pretty meaningful realizations" in recent years, with "many of them revolving around the fact" that she says she "got a lot of things wrong" in her past.

The former makeup mogul also noted that she didn't want her post to seem critical of people who enjoy those topics, despite her feelings about them.

"But right now, it's never been more clear to me that there is a spiritual battle taking place, and I want to surround myself and my family with love and light," she continued.

Read more at [link to www.yahoo.com (secure)]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP