Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Original Rednecks resisted Fascism
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message 19th century West Virgina saw conflict between coal Miners and Mine owners. Due to unjust conditions imposed by Mine owners, Miners formed a Mine Workers Union. Not all Mines were unionized and Southern West Virginian Mine owners worked diligently to prevent unionization.

10,000 thousand odd Northern Union Mine workers led a march to the southern non Union West Virgina where their brother miners were denied unionization . Southern West Virgina Mine owners employed law enforcement, politicians and 'private detectives' (nothing more than company employed thugs) to harass, intimidate , imprison and kill miners who tried to Unionize.

The marching Union Mine workers tied a red scarf/bandanna around their necks to identify themselves. A reporter who was covering this march coined the term 'Redneck'.

[link to www.sherdog.net]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP