Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Race Card Tide Change
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I work for a very large manufacturing company with locations around the world.

The US plant is huge, and as you'd expect, has HR policies consistent with most US companies. Enough said.

I have noticed in the last year a tide change in how our HR is dealing with these same issues.

I'm a group technical lead who is also involved in our recruiting/screening process.

Being a technical guy, I am looking for background, core competencies, particular skillsets and interests.

So, I get approached by a black employee who launches straight into how he noticed a caucasian Female and Hispanic male both got selected for opportunity to advance while he was passed up even though he's been there longer. Then straight into saying he has a lawyer and is taking notes.

I did not bother wasting any time and effort in explaining the process or defending my choices or anything. Told him the conversation was entirely inappropriate, that he can file a complaint with HR and that I'm not going to participate in a conversation about racial discrimination in hiring. And just walked off.

Walked over and notified my boss and filed an incident report with HR.

To my surprise, HR was swift and firm with how they dealt with the situation.

I learned a few things from the HR personnel that dealt with the situation, which has turned into a very disruptive epidemic.

Anyone playing the discrimination card that goes and has those conversations with other coworkers is in violation of company policy under the "subversive acts" section. Grounds for termination.

Our particular company has decided this has become out of control to the point of hurting business operations and is no longer willing to tolerate it.

Since my incident, there have been 2 more in quick succession with the same speed and results.

The BLM type segment of black employees are going apeshit over it, the rest are happy about it because they didn't like that group making all of them look like shit, but they weren't going to say anything about it themselves.

Also I noticed the BLM types freaking hate working for Hispanic bosses. They'd much rather work for an old white guy than a Hispanic male or female. I guess because they can't play the race card with Hispanics as well and Hispanics I see tend to not put up with that shit like whites do.

Thought I'd share my view from the trenches in this struggle for society.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP