Users Online Now: 1,368 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,132,252
Pageviews Today: 2,245,751Threads Today: 746Posts Today: 15,747
11:53 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Work: Why are people, especially students, interns, new hires so lazy?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message So I'm a go getter, always have been, got a job the second I turned 15 (was legal back then), and never looked back...always hussled, and have been working ever since...

MANY non prestigious jobs...Pizza place (dishwasher, cook, cashier, bartender). McDonalds(only job I ever quit).

Costco. Started pushing carts, cashier(yet again), welded?!?(Those carts needed fixing!), forklift driver...

Said Fuck that, and went into Healthcare...

Became a X-ray tech, got cross trained into CT(Catscan), and then picked up MRI, also do IR procedures...

So now I'm a manager...

I have a flow of students from prestigious universities, and programs in my area...

They are generally TERRIBLE!

Go-getting is obviously out of fashion (especially after covid since they did mostly online schooling, and NO clinical applications.)

I honestly dont get it!

I have students sitting around...watching things...doing nothing, and then at the end they are like "Do you think I can get a job here" LOL

Meanwhile there are some that are amazing...jumping right in to start IVs, prep the room, load contrast, examine orders to make sure its correct, and do the exams..., they understand the workflow. We literally teach them everthing they need to succeed, yet they ignore? all the signs!?!

Its just amazing the competency/intelligence level displayed in the workforce today.

I interview all potential employees, and its staggering how bad some of them are.

Im sure its a similar situation in other fields, and lines of work...the applicants are just BAD.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP