Users Online Now: 1,626 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 180,227
Pageviews Today: 298,296Threads Today: 95Posts Today: 1,720
03:53 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject WHITE HOUSE Press Secretary Dana Perino Had NO Idea What the CUBAN MISSILE CRISIS IS/WAS. FUCCCCKKKKKK!!!!!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message [link to www.democraticcentral.com]

THE STUPIDITY JUST PILES HIGHER AND HIGHER.

At a White House press briefing on Oct. 26, a reporter asked Dana Perino about Vladimir Putin's suggestion that a U.S. plan to base parts of a missile shield in Europe was similar to the events that led to the Cuban missile crisis.
Perino's response:

Well, I think that the historical comparison is not -- does not exactly work. What I can say is what President Putin went on to say, which is that the president and President Putin have said that we can work together on this.
When a second reporter asked whether Putin's comparison to the Cuban missile crisis had been "helpful," Perino said:
I think that -- look, the president has said that we have a good but complicated and complex relationship with Russia. And the president has a relationship with President Putin, one, that he treats him with a lot of respect, and because of that, he's able to have very frank and honest discussions with him. And I think the relationship -- in a variety of ways, we work well together on many different issues.
If that sounds like Perino was buying time or filibustering or otherwise talking around the question, well, that's because she was.
Appearing on NPR's "Wait, Wait ... Don't Tell Me" over this past weekend, Perino said she "panicked" when she got the Cuban missile crisis question because she wasn't exactly sure what the Cuban missile crisis was. "I really know nothing about the Cuban missile crisis," Perino said. "It had to do with Cuba and missiles, I'm pretty sure."

Perino said she went home that night and asked her husband, "'Wasn't that, like, the Bay of Pigs thing?' And he said, 'Oh, Dana.'" Of course, Dana was born in 1972, 10 years after the Cuban Missile Crisis. And her husband, who is 18 years older than she is, was at least alive at the time. But you would think that someone who gets to be White House Press Secretary would have some knowledge of the recent history of Presidents and crises.

What did they teach her at the University of Southern Colorado (double major in political science and Spanish)?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP