Users Online Now: 2,128 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,272,412
Pageviews Today: 2,115,127Threads Today: 820Posts Today: 14,452
08:56 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Shotgun Question - Need your opinion!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I am woman looking for a shotgun for home defense. I don't know anyone who owns one and would need to purchase one before taking it to a range to get training. I am familiar with handguns, but "long" guns are a whole new world.

Any opinions on type, make and gauge is welcome.

I have been told by gun shop people that Mossberg (500 model)is good and that Remington (870 home defense or Marine Magnum) is better. They all seem to agree that pump action is the best for my needs. I don't know what to choose for gauge. Since I haven't had a chance to fire one, I am worried that the recoil on a 12ga will be too much. Maybe a 20ga? I am average size and strong, so I could probably learn anything, but it needs to be comfortable. I was very surprised by the weight of these guns and am also worried it will be hard to hold it for a length of time if needed. PLEASE HELP.

If I was your girlfriend, sister, mom, what would you recommend.

Thanks again for the help.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP