Users Online Now: 2,316 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,223,339
Pageviews Today: 2,040,233Threads Today: 806Posts Today: 14,035
08:22 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject LET'S ALL TAKE A MINUTE TO READ WHAT ALASKANS WERE SAYING ABOUT PALIN BACK IN JULY....REPUBS, YOU MIGHT WANT TO IGNORE THESE POSTS
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message WHO WOULD KNOW BETTER ABOUT PALIN, HER POLITICS, HER APPOINTING OF FRIENDS, HER SCANDALS, HER PAY-OFFS BETTER THAN THE ALASKANS THEMSELVES?

READ WHAT THEY SAID ABOUT PALIN BACK IN JULY. CALLING FOR HER RESIGNATION. THESE ARE SOME ANGRY PEOPLE!

Nice work
Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Mon, 2008-09-01 00:56.
Andrew, I'm not one of your regular readers, but someone sent me a link to your blog via email and I had a chance to read through this. If there is more to print, I encourage you to do so. We have to get the truth out before the coverup begins. I've heard several people online talk of going onto the State of Alaska website and saving documents on their harddrives for fear some of this stuff will be deleted when the shit hits the fan. Also maybe you can address the rumors of whether Palin is being vetted after the fact (as in after the announcement was made). This is also very disturbing. D

Mike Wooten - I understand how he must feel
Submitted by Tom Cleese (not verified) on Sun, 2008-08-31 19:56.
Mr. Halcro, Excellent article. I've been advised by someone of outstanding intergrity who is familiar with you that your word is straight up. I happened to be in Anchorage around July 16 when some of this testimony by Walt came out in the paper, and I was astonished, but certain it's true. Here's a guy who dedicated his life and career to public safety, and sounds like he had darn good plans for developing the department, when all of a sudden, BAM. He gets fired. Sounds real fishy to me. And, the poor guy Mike Wooten getting hosed by former wife, family, and SARAH, is something I personally empathize with. I've been dealing with a vengeful, insane ex-wife for over five years, and had to fight (successfully, thank God) false charges of just about everything that could be claimed, over and over again. IT'S REAL DISTURBING THAT SAHAH HAS BEEN TAPPED AS THE REPUBLICAN V.P. CANDIDATE WHILE THESE CHARGES ARE UNRESOLVED. IT SEEMS LIKELY THAT NO MATTER WHAT THE OUTCOME OF THE ALASKA INVESTIGATION, IF McCAIN AND SARAH WIN THIS FALL, THE CONSEQUENCES SHE'LL RECEIVE WILL BE NIL. Some have said she'll be the "Teflon V.P." I hope not. Thank You, Tom Cleese

Trooper-Gate; People-Gate
Submitted by Robert Wales, PhD (not verified) on Fri, 2008-08-29 14:32.
While Guv. Palin has clearly abused her authority and this trooper sounds like a decent guy, welcome to the abuse-of-power cycle that is happening to so many decent people. Most of us do not have the benefit of being supported by their sargeant, their colonel and such. I am envious of that at least. Beyond that though, most of us get completely wiped out in divorce court, relieved of our possesions and stripped of a lifes work, we strive to continue albeit on a new low material plain. And, for some of us, we become awakened to a more important life. His was, and remains, an 'important case' in "family" court. For the rest of us, well, we are treated simply as inconvenience somewhere between lunch and dinner and treated as such by the judge by way of personal denigration, sneers, open threats and overt ridicule. Obviousy, I have been on the receiving end of what this trooper has endured; and worse, believe it or not. The wilder the claim; the more the percieved credibility. Judges want to be entertained, doing law is simply boring and ineffective. Everyone is reduced to being treated as a criminal;even if educated, tax filings since 18 years-old in-hand and not even so much as a speeding ticket, as was my case. Nevermind though, scorned woman + big lawyers get the judges attention. So, while I agree and actually like what I know of this trooper; remind me, why should I care again? We live in a society where the law is applied from the bottom up; not from the top down. Trooper Wooten doing what? DUI's on broke people struggling to calm the fears of their very existence by having a drink? I do not advocate drunk driving. But I know personally that having a drink can make the ground a little softer after you lose your home and find yourself sleeping in campsites. Trooper Wooten seems to have come upon this realization as well. Perhaps he started drinking after his divorce; I don't know for sure but it would make sense and who could blame him for being human. But, then again, did he not judge all of us as a Trooper, wrapped in a holier-than-though-costume dressed as though he was ready to invade Poland? How many people did he send to jail who were in a really bad place and simply just did'nt fit his penal code book? My experience is that any justice being dispensed in court is purely by accident. Trooper Wooten and Palin's over-reaching interferences are the reason why none of us can feel safe in this; our society of personal gain. A man could be forgiven for thinking these 'folks' are simply feeding upon themselves. Maybe that way we can get our democracy back; maybe.

Good grief, Time to grow up.
Submitted by SoldotnaResident (not verified) on Tue, 2008-07-22 15:46.
Folks, we might not like it, but abuse of power is the way things are. Should they be different? YES. Will they change because of this? NO. While we all strive for a better government, one without abuses of power, hinging a dislike for a Governor on details of her personal life are naive and childish. ALL in power have skeletons in the proverbial closet. Why not concentrate on things that are important to the well-being of the state and end the tantrum over one guy getting fired unjustly. Get over it. Make your mark at the next election.

Question
Submitted by BWJ (not verified) on Mon, 2008-07-21 01:14.
Andrew. Why is it so many people cannot see the repeated "non-answers", the vague denials, and the endless doubletalk that Sarah and her people are spouting over the last week? There are literally too many instances to name, although I will highlight a few that haven't been hit on already. When asked about Monegan's assertions of being pressured, Todd Palin says "I don't recall" or "I don't remember", as does commissioner Kreitzer. These are not denials, they are non-committal responses. Col. Holloway, when asked if he told the governors office to back off of Wooten, "I cannot say". Darn right, because he still has his job and it would be unprofessional to say as long as he does, but that is not a no. Today Palin, after taking a week and finding nothing better, plagiarizes Commissioner Monegan's "Strategic Compass" and presents HIS priorities and ideas as her own. Some NEW direction! My favorite is her sound bite tonight on KTUU where she talks about the returning National Guardsmen who will need jobs. HELLO??? If one is in the National Guard it is because they already have a job. Remember "One weekend a month, 2 weeks a year" anyone? Those who are deployed in the guard already have a job which is, by federal law, guaranteed to be waiting for them upon their return from active duty. I would think someone with a child in the military and who is such a strong supporter of our military would know this already. I am a born again Palin supporter and now can see through the empty words and glossy smile. I only hope this episode will light the way for others out there as well.

MONEGATE
Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Sun, 2008-07-20 16:10.
JUST LISTENED TO THE LATEST ON KTUU. WELL, GEE NEW DIRECTION? DON'T THE POLITICOS DO THAT BEFORE THEY TAKE OFFICE. WAS THERE SOME EPIPHANY THAT DICTACTED AN NEWER DIRECTION? WHAT BAD TIMING OR CERTAINLY A PAINFULL COINCIDENCE. IS SOMEONE PRESIDING OVER THEIR OWN DISSOLUSIONMENT?

Pot calling kettle black
Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Fri, 2008-07-18 19:50.
I thought infidelity was considered cool in the Palin family. Didn't Todd's dad get caught banging a string of his married secretaries in Palmer and Copper?

and didnt todd sale his
Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Fri, 2008-07-18 20:52.
and didnt todd sale his business due to sarah banging his business partner. and didnt molly accuse sarah of banging her first husband jack mccann. yeah they are sure holier than though. You must go to that cult church they attend where as long as you dont admit it then you dont do it, but lets sit around and judge all the ones that make mistakes and own up to it. I think you will find it hard to find a court room in the state of alaska that will mix up infidelity with your ability to be a parent. Can you not see how mixed up and twited it must be to live in that family. Shame on yourself, the God i worship says something about throwing stones !!!!!!!!!!!!! HHHUUUMMM

Andrew, as a (former) Palin supporter I thank you
Submitted by gcp (not verified) on Fri, 2008-07-18 16:48.
I am glad that someone brought this all to the surface. Is it safe to assume that you'll be discussing this issue on KBYR tomorrow?

Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP