Users Online Now: 1,602 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 295,867
Pageviews Today: 481,909Threads Today: 161Posts Today: 2,748
06:53 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Happy Thanksgiving Friends! Be Grateful.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Happy Thanksgiving to Everyone.

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. It is filled with family, friends, food, and good deeds. No scurrying around for gifts or overspending. It is a time that I treasure with my son, whether it is just the two of us or we are surrounded by family and friends.

I come from a large Southern family, I have 60 first cousins (no joke) from my Mom and Dad's families. Thanksgiving used to mean that we would all pile into my Aunt & Uncles Cabin in the North Georgia Mountains. Some Thanksgivings we would have 30 - 40 people there. Most we knew, some were just friends that one of us had invited. I love the memories from those days. I learned to cook from looking over the shoulder of my Aunts, Uncles, & Grandmother. Of course there are always food traditions depending on what part of the country you're from, and we had ours.

Most of all I remember the love. The love and caring that emanated from each and every person present. Through good times and bad, we were there every year. All of us. Pretty amazing when I think back on it now.

So, tomorrow, I will have a quiet holiday here at home with my son, my sister and her family. We will recreate the food traditions that have been passed down from generation to generation. Even though our family group has changed dramatically, the love and caring will still be there.

A lot of us here at GLP have had a tough year, it has been for me and my family. But even though it's been hard, I am grateful for the experience that has been given to me. I have learned to appreciate the small things in life. Simple gestures and the kindness of strangers.

So, find something to be grateful for. Be thankful for what we have now, today.

I am grateful for so many things.

I am also thankful to have my friends here at GLP. Even though we are just 'computer' friends, the friendship and camaraderie I feel from you all has helped me over some rough spots.

So, hugs & Love,

Happy Thanksgiving to All .......

hf
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP