Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Obama did not get Elected God and Bush is not the Devil
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I watched the new Southpark episode after the election and thought the story of Obama and McCain in cahoots to steal the Hope Diamond was quite funny, but the background story disturbed me and I thought the writers were just going too far.

Since then I have heard people express the sentiments that that background story presented. My friends who voted for McCain are stockpiling food and supplies, preparing themselves for some great disaster. These are the same people who were prepared for chaos in 1999 when the year changed so I didn’t think much of it, they usually are expecting some disaster and keep their eye on the internet to determine what it will be so they are prepared. The problem is date after date passes by without any great disaster, except maybe Hurricane Katrina, which they did not consider. But others have expressed this in a less extreme way as well. Some of my co-workers are very depressed that Obama won the election. They have all kinds of reasons that I consider off the wall, but you can’t talk them out of it.

And the partying that the Obama supporters did on the Southpark episode was excessive and insane (they always magnify things so well), and here I am reading and hearing from Obama supporters how ecstatic they are that he won, as if he was elected God and all their problems will disappear.

If you put too much hope and expectations on any president of the U.S. without the reality check of the current system as it now operates and the parameters he has to operate in you will be demonizing him by his second year in office.

Yes, President Obama gives many hope, and he speaks well, but you all have to remember that in order for him to be where he is right now he has sold himself. He is someone's puppet just like the last president was. Please remember that he is only a man in a very difficult position and that most of the changes people are asking him to make take years, nothing will happen overnight and I fear that he will be blamed, like Mr. Bush was, for things that started 50 years or more ago. (actually Bush has been blamed for things that started with the Crusades).

I think the best we can do is accept him as an optimistic symbol for us to gather momentum to take back our country from the corporations. He is a much more pleasant icon than the previous person, which I think was by design. Remember to keep your own accountability in the changes that will happen over the next few years .
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP