Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Entertaining Angels Unawares
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Entertaining Angels Unawares
by Ron Murdock

Posted: 13:15 February 4, 2009

Entertaining Angels Unawares

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by doing so, some have unwittingly entertained angels." - Hebrews 13:2

On Halloween 1990, I left Vancouver to move to Cranbrook, B.C. I took the Greyhound bus from downtown Vancouver to Princeton. From there I planned on hitch-hiking the remaining miles to Cranbrook as I just had enough money to pay the first months rent and get a few groceries on the table to start off.

By sundown I had gotten only one ride and that had only taken me to Osoyoos. The sun was about to set below the horizon. I prayed to the effect that "Okay God, it is now sundown. I only have so much money to get started in Cranbrook, which I'm still a long way from and there is not much traffic out here. How can you help?"

It couldn't have been more than 5 minutes later when a pick up truck with a dog in the back, pulled over. Thinking my prayer was answered rather quickly, I pulled the door open and the driver asked me how far I was going. I said Cranbrook, he told me; "I'm not going that far but I can take you to the Greyhound Bus Depot just down the road. What do you say if I buy you a ticket to Cranbrook?"

I couldn't get a good look at his face because of the dark but he must have smiled when my jaw hit my chest. I quickly agreed to his offer. We drove to the depot and completed the transaction. He gave me the $10 in change to get a meal at a nearby Dairy Queen.

In the restaurant parking lot he introduced himself as Ron. We talked a bit and we both said a parting prayer. He assured me God is looking after me. I thanked him again before I jumped out of his truck.

Just before entering Dairy Queen I turned to wave a second time but the parking lot was empty. I hurried out to the highway but I didn't see any red tail lights on the highway.

After dinner I walked up to the lakeshore still excited and continually thanked God for the favour that came my way.

The New Testament does talk about dealing with angels unawares. I'm not a religious man by any stretch of the imagination. But when I think of this night I take note of the odds involved. A working man stops, buys me - a hitch-hiking stranger - a Greyhound bus ticket plus a meal and even had the same first name as me. I would say I had dealt with an angel that night.

Ron Murdock
[email protected]

miracle 2

This page printed from: [link to www.ufodigest.com]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP