Users Online Now: 2,211 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,506,699
Pageviews Today: 2,182,416Threads Today: 599Posts Today: 11,994
05:41 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Something that I wrote many years ago lol.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message he problem is ignorance, the solution is perspective - get some, then we'll talk.

let me ellaborate some.

people like to believe that there is a thin line on which all actions lie. at one end is good. maybe a better word would be saintly. at the other is evil. first of all, good and bad are figments of the human condition, trying to label everything we see or feel, complete with a dictionary defination. this is total ignorance, as most things in life aren't black and white, and to mislead others to believe that they are, is just spreading the problem..

what can be seen as a bad thing, may actually be a blessing in diguise. maybe the murderer had a just reason to slaughter his victim? maybe not. but we would never take the case that far. if the murderer has a twisted perspective, i can imagine that it would be much like viewing life through a calidoscope. he probably believed tht he was in the right. but the opinions of many outshine that. which is good. however, when the murderer has just reason to kill, the jury would obviously get hung up of the word 'murder', and commit him to jail. this is ignorance.

society is built on the foundation that there is good and evil. i hate to burst the bubble world, but it's all a matter of opinion. all you have in this life is your perspective, truly, it is. your perspective on a matter is not your opinion. you can be knowledgable on a subject without being opinionated. perspective is a wonderful thing.. it's like a painting. how you see life, and everything you have ever experienced. to think that everyone feels the same way when they wake up in the morning is a bleak way of look at life. everyone is in a different place.. even when standing right next to each other, doing the exact same thing. perspective. you wanna broaden your horizons, take on every single thing that you ever learn about or from another person and try to apply it. going back to the painting metaphor.. try to use all the colours. without this.. how can you hope to understand or truly empathise with anyone?

society has no perspective. it is a machine. it has no soul. people learn in schools that teach them dogmatically, in classes that are becoming ever larger, each pupil learning the same thing, the same way. when you are young.. and start school, everyone is taught HOW to learn.. in the same way. it's not a good start toward individualism. as you grow older, information is given to you on a plate, you never really have to work for it. you receive the same information as everyone else, taught in the same way. tv, advertising, walk down a street. everything is the same. all pointing towards what society wants.. no.. expects you to be. i know, everyone's different.. etc etc.. but tbh, everyone's actually rather similar. i don't see alot of people trying to find themselves, it's more like 'yeahh maybe later... but futurama's on soooo....uh... probably not..'. people wonder why kids are out stabbing people for no real reason? jeeeesus. get some perspective, yeah? these kids are all feeling the same, fucking confused, though they think that they're totally in control, and no one's giving them a straight answer. the government are too busy indebting this country for funds to take the time outta their day to explain to us why the hell we're having to put up with alll the bollocks they're dishing out, and my god do they have some apologies to make.

people just get on with it. we wanna live confortably. i'm not sure why, but we do. i wanna live uncomfortably. it sounds ever so much more exciting. we want fast cars, big houses, hd ready plasma screen tvs and comfy sofas. why? so life is good? what does that even mean? i don't understand the need to.... want the same things as people with more money than me. my life rocks. i wake up smiling. my perspective makes it so. i know some seriously rich people... but by my count.. they wake up pissed off and go to bed with a bottle of JD cause for some reason, they just can't get comfortable.
i'd prefer to live in a cardboard box with a good perspective than to live in a mansion with a bad one.. money doesn't buy happiness, or comfort. well, it does i guess, if you wanna keep yourself ignorant to your real issues. money's pretty good at chocking the voice in the back of your head.

society.. jesus. society is a fucking mess. we all wanna get rich, and laid. great. you'll wake up the next morning feeling satisfied as the last of the endorphines filter out of your bloodstream.. then realise that it's just another day. we all need something to strive for. i don't wanna piss on anyones ambitions by any means.
but society at te moment, is all about vanity, similarity, and greed. all trying to justify to each other that it's the right thing to be doing. right and wrong? it's an imaginary spectrum. but we're all living on it. on that thin line between good and evil, right and wrong.. it's just an imaginary line.. a cage. a guidance for thick people with knives. i don't know. but people believe in it. and no one looks past the meanings of words. this is why society is doomed to ignorance. we build systems to uphold other systems so we may build on top of of THOSE systems.. when really, the first system itself was aload of crap. but the human race...going back to basics? haha yeah right. we're too busy worrying about our own problems to think about the real issues. plus.. we couldn't survive in this day and age without everything been spoonfed to us. so i guess we're pretty stuck. with no perspective.. delusional prospects...a shite government... ever increasing laziness and greed... vanity beyond the definition of vanity....and a host of other factors that are gunna lead to... well... lets just say that i can't seen the next few centuries being fun. the sad thing is.. we're all loving it. our ignorance truly holds no perspective. i think i've given up caring tbh....
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP