Users Online Now: 2,098 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,655,850
Pageviews Today: 2,288,319Threads Today: 566Posts Today: 10,419
05:49 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Stone Cold Evidence For The Reality Of Christianity - Isaiah 53 - A Prophecy Of The Suffering, Death And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message What sets Christianity apart from other religions? Why do Christians claim that Christianity is true and other religions aren't? How can we know who God really is?

Well, the God of the Bible has told us exactly how we can know that He is the one true God. One of the primary ways that God authenticates Himself is through predictive prophecy. In other words, only the one true God can tell us the end of the story from the beginning. In Isaiah 46:9-10, God says this:

Remember the former things, those of long ago;
I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is none like me.
I make known the end from the beginning,
from ancient times, what is still to come.
I say: My purpose will stand,
and I will do all that I please.

So is there evidence in the Scriptures that God has told us the end from the beginning?

There sure is!

When you are talking with a non-believer, have them read Isaiah chapter 53.

Then ask them who it is talking about. Most of the time they will say something like: "Of course it is talking about Jesus - but should we be surprised that the Bible talks about Jesus?"

Then tell them that Isaiah 53 was written about 700 years BEFORE Jesus came to earth.

That will get their attention.

The truth is that Isaiah 53 is a stunning prophecy of the suffering, death and resurrection of the future Messiah.

7 different times in that chapter Isaiah prophecies that the future Messiah will suffer for OUR sins.....

[link to evidenceforchristianity.blogspot.com]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP