Users Online Now: 1,733 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 34,991
Pageviews Today: 48,590Threads Today: 29Posts Today: 256
12:23 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Crockpot Salsa Chicken! ) I'm making it tomorrow, so should you!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message First of all you get a crock pot or slow cooker from Goodwill or the Sally Ann or a yard sale for about $5.

Then you add about 1/2 a chicken in parts, so 3-4 breasts or 10 thighs, bonesless and skinless, but whatever you have. Doesn't matter if it's frozen, just add on an hour of cooking time. I got a good deal on frozen breasts today so I'm using them.

Over that you add:

1 16 oz jar of salsa, hotter if you like it hotter
1 can black beans (rinsed, this removes a lot of the farting phytotoxin)
1 can corn
(add a squirt of lime juice towards the end of cooking)
(You could probably add anything else you like, it's hard to screw up a crockpot recipe... I'm going to put in some garlic and maybe some peppers from the garden)

Cook on low for 8-9 hours or 4-6 on high, remove the chicken 60-30 minutes before serving and shred

Serve in tortilla wraps with lettuce, tomato, sour cream and cheese, or over brown rice if you're health conscious. Low fat and tasty! (Kinda high in sodium if you don't make the salsa yourself)
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP