Users Online Now: 2,168 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 925,148
Pageviews Today: 1,683,182Threads Today: 550Posts Today: 12,216
04:37 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject The Moon Eyed People and Old Stone Forts in the SE.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message "The time frame for construction ranges from 500B.C. to 1500A.D. The current commonly accepted date for construction is 500 A.D. The myths of the culture who built it abound. Local Indian culture speaks of a race of "moon-eyed" people. Some choose to interpret this as "white people", inferring that the dark eyed Indians would select this as a description for a light skinned blue eyed race. If the "moon-eyed" people myth can be believed it would more likely be a reference to the god they worshiped than to the shape of their eyes.

Another myth revolves around the Welsh prince Madoc. He arrived in Mobile Bay around 1400 AD and moved north from there. Several petroglyphs support the existence of this legend."

[link to ngeorgia.com]

There (was) three forts that I'm aware of.
The other is in Old Stone Fort State Archaeological Park in TN.

[link to en.wikipedia.org]

The third stone fort was in Chattanooga, TN on the banks of the Chickamauga river. It was torn down to build Amnicola highway. In the book, 'The Natural and Aboriginal History of Tennessee' (1823), John Haywood writes about it.
[link to tennesseeencyclopedia.net]

He also talks about a cave found on Missionary ridge there that contained skeletons of people with RED HAIR, he claims this cave was covered up.

Now I'm giving two VERY HIDDEN pieces of information.
The area where this stone fort was is now a chemical plant on the right (coming from Chatt. State, right before crossing chickamauga). You can see an UNTOUCHED, large tree covered, 50-60' indian mound as pretty as can be right in front there easily visible from the road. But you have to look for it.

Across from Chattanooga State and Lake Jr, is government TVA land which backs up to the ridge there. I'm not sure I would recommend anyone walking it, but I have(there is scary stuff there- nuff said). But anyway directly on top of the ridge there is an ancient indian burial ground...that I bet hardly anyone knows about.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP