Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Burger King's Super Seven Incher ad: Subtlety is dead
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Burger King's Super Seven Incher ad: Subtlety is dead

Jun 24, 2009, 03:02 PM | by Tanner Stransky

[link to popwatch.ew.com]

If it hasn't already happened, today can go down in the record books as the day subtlety died. Burger King's latest advertisement -- for its, ahem, BK Super Seven Incher -- leaves little to imagination or interpretation. As you can see here, the woman in said advertisement is about to go down on said Super Seven Incher with a suggestive tagline that uses the word "blow." Mmhmm, I think it's safe to assume that such humor will only be going over the head of those younger than, oh, about 13 years old. (Sorry, parents!)

The "copy" at the bottom of the ad -- not sure that you can even seen it here -- takes the whole thing even further: "Fill your desire for something long, juicy and flame-grilled with the NEW BK SUPER SEVEN INCHER," it says. "Yearn for more after you taste the mind-blowing burger that comes with a single beef patty, topped with American cheese, crispy onions and the A1 Thick and Hearty Steak Sauce."

"Something long, juicy"? "Yearn for more"? "Mind-blowing"? I think it's all rather glorious, in an I-love-trash kind of way. Who ever cared about cunning, cleverness, and nuance anyway? Blow your mind (and this Super Seven Incher) instead!

What do you think, PopWatchers? Are you even batting an eye at BK's latest, sexually charged ad campaign?

[link to popwatch.ew.com]

and. . . crisco

[link to www.evanmix.com]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP