Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject The Origin of The Lucifer Story
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message advanced thread search by original article title
[link to www.fileden.com]

i normally steer clear of articles such as this, however i found this quite interesting

The Origin of The Lucifer Story

By Elroy Willis
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you ask Christians who Lucifer is, most of 'em will probably tell you some story about Lucifer being an angel who was cast out of Heaven because he was proud and wanted to take over Heaven, or something along that line.

Interestingly, the Bible says no such thing, and the story of Lucifer is one of those stories which is mostly just some type of oral tradition which has been passed down over time by people who never bothered to research the origins of the story.

If you do a Bible search, you'll find that the word "Lucifer" is only found in the following passage, and interestingly enough, isn't found in most of the Bible translations, but just a few, such as the KJV and the NKJV.

Isaiah 14:12 (KJV)
"How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!"

Isaiah 14:12 (NKJV)
"How you are fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!"

Other versions of the Bible don't use the word "Lucifer."

Isaiah 14:12 (NIV)
"How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn!"

Isaiah 14:12 (NASB)
"How you have fallen from heaven, star of the morning, son of the dawn!"

Isaiah 14:12 (NLT)
"How you are fallen from heaven, O shining star, son of the morning!"

Isaiah 14:12 (RSV)
"How you are fallen from heaven, O Day Star, son of Dawn!"

Isaiah 14:12 (YLT)
"How hast thou fallen from the heavens, O shining one, son of the dawn!"

The original Hebrew reads "O Helel, son of Shahar." Shahar was a Babylonian god of the dawn, and Helel was his son, the morning star which we now call Venus. Shahar had a twin brother named Shalem, which was associated with dusk and the evening appearance of Venus.

Jerusalem means "House of Shalem," which comes from the worship of the planet Venus as an evening star.

The idea of "Go in peace" or "Peace be with you" originated from stories of Venus going into the underworld at night. "Shalem" turned into "Shalom" over time.

At certain times, Venus can be visible in the morning, yet not visible in the evening, so many ancient cultures had two different names for Venus. One for the morning appearance, or morning star, and a different one for the evening appearance, or evening star. To the ancients, the planets were mystical sources of light, which moved around differently than actual stars, so they made up stories about them, gave them names, and even invented elaborate stories such as the one about Venus being "cast out of heaven."

Back to the Bible, looking at the rest of the Isaiah verse, we can see how the imagery of Venus not being able to rise up to the heights of the clouds and among the "stars of God" comes into play through the poetry/taunt.

Isaiah 14:13-15 (KJV)

"For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit."

Personifying Venus as a god or goddess or fallen angel, stories were made up to explain why it couldn't rise up into the high heavens where the sun and moon and outer planets roam in the sky. "Most High" was a description or title used to refer to the planet Jupiter by several different ancient societies. The "Amen" at the end of certain religious prayers comes from the worship of an Egyptian god named Amen, which was their name for the planet we now call Jupiter. The Egyptians also called Ra "Most High" as a personification of the sun, and even created a god called Amen-Ra, which combined both Jupiter and the sun.

According to many ancient mythologies, when the sun and the planet Venus disappear at night, they travel into some mythical underworld or grave where demons and spirits who want to stop the sun from rising supposedly exist. Venus, in all her forms/names, ends up victorious, and rises once again in the morning after disappearing for different periods
of time throughout the year. Much of the poetry and stories written about Venus and its travels through the sky and into some supposed underworld are quite imaginative and filled with all kinds of imagery which tends to hide the fact that the stories or poetry are actually
talking about a planet, instead of some invisible goddess named "Venus" who lives in some invisible heaven or spirit world that nobody can see.

If the ancient people knew the earth was a planet, and that the sun and planets don't actually go into some "underworld" or "grave" at night, then they never would have invented stories about the sun or the planets "dying" or being "cast out of the high heavens." They did the best they could to try to explain things, but they got most things wrong.

Looking back at the beginning of Isaiah 14, you can see that this passage is a taunt against the king of Babylon. The stories and myths about Venus being "cast out of heaven" are compared to the downfall of the king of Babylon.

Isaiah 14:3-4 (KJV)

"On the day the LORD gives you relief from suffering and turmoil and cruel bondage, you will take up this taunt against the king of Babylon: How the oppressor has come to an end! How his fury has ended!"

The taunt basically says "You will be cut down to the ground just like the planet Venus which is only visible near the horizon and goes into the grave every night, and can never rise high in the sky. The king of Babylon is defeated, just like Venus, or Lucifer, was supposedly "cast out of heaven."

The writer of Revelation claims that Jesus actually referred to himself as the "Morning Star" which presents a problem with the idea of Satan being some fallen angel named Lucifer or morning star, when Jesus also referred to himself as the morning star.

Rev 22:16 (NIV)

"I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the
churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and
morning star."

Jesus calls himself the morning star, just like Venus was a morning star and a goddess of love to the Romans, and Jesus is supposed to express the idea of unconditional love, just like Venus and many of its ancient personifications expressed ideas of love and beauty and brightness. The Lucifer story is handed down out of ignorance for the most part. Some people actually believe it, and tell it to other people. The Mormons went a little crazy with the story, and got caught with their pants down so to speak.

[link to www.lds-mormon.com]

"So why is Lucifer a far bigger problem to Mormons? Mormons claim that an ancient record (the Book of Mormon) was written beginning in about 600 BC, and the author in 600 BC supposedly copied Isaiah in Isaiah's original words. When Joseph Smith pretended to translate the supposed 'ancient record', he included the Lucifer verse in the Book of Mormon.

Obviously he wasn't copying what Isaiah actually wrote. He was copying the King James Version of the Bible. Another book of LDS scripture, the Doctrine & Covenants, furthers this problem in 76:26 when it affirms the false Christian doctrine that "Lucifer" means Satan. This incorrect doctrine also spread into a third set of Mormon scriptures, the Pearl of Great Price, which describes a war in heaven based, in part, on Joseph Smith's incorrect interpretation of the word "Lucifer" which only appears in Isaiah."

The bottom line is that Lucifer isn't some fallen angel, but merely a Latin name used to refer to the planet Venus, which can't be seen high in the sky and so was considered a "fallen angel" by some of the ancient myth-makers and storytellers.

Additionally, there isn't and never was some actual war going on in some invisible "heaven" that nobody can actually see. The war was just made up by ancient storytellers attempting to explain the things they saw going on up in the night sky, and sometimes the day sky.

If the church you go to teaches that Lucifer is really some fallen angel who was cast out of the high heavens in some act caused by his pride or defiance of some god, then you should print this out and give it to your pastor or preacher and teach 'em something they don't know.

The Romans called the planet Venus, "Lucifer" which literally means 'the light bearer' or 'the mornng star'. It is third only to the Sun and the Moon (the Sun at night) as the brightest object in the sky. Most likely, it is king Nebuchadnezzar, implied in Isaiah, is what was being referenced to along with the fall of the morning/evening star, Venus. (See below.)

Regardless of what your 'current' views on these topics may be, this knowledge can be used for good or evil. It is not evil in & of itself - just like a gun. And this is just the tip of the iceberg.

For most of you this will be a real learning exeperience. Watch them all.

This first one will make more sense after watching the ones below it, but you need to see this first one for better understanding as a whole as this is a true representation of what actually is happening:

Now it gets really good:

There is a missing segment of the street layout pentagram in DC.

Just for fun:

I meant just for fun. OK?

As above, so below. On Earth as it is in heaven. Above & below the firmament. Above & below the galactic ecliptic, reflecting pools/ponds near structures, 8.......................................... ad nauseum.

Lucifer. Samael? Satan (Enki, Ea)? How so?

There is no reference in "Jewish mythology" (independent stories, not the Torah) of Samael aka Satan being called the Roman Lucifer that I have found. Correct me if I am wrong please. (Seriously.)

A "satan" is an "adversary" of the Jewish god or Jewish people. (Same thing as they see themselves as god.)

[link to bible.cc]

The word for Satan in the Old Testament Hebrew was 'ha-satawn' which meant "The adversary." In the Old Testament, Andrew Collins tells us that "this term is used exclusively to describe either the enemies of the [Hebrew] God or the enemies of the Israelite race in general. Never is the Devil referred to as the evil one. Not until the advent of the New Testament...does the term 'ha-satawn' take on the all important role. At this point, Satan becomes an angel fallen from grace and expelled from heaven" [Book of Enoch]. Dr. George Lamsa, now deceased Aramaic scholar, also confirms that the term Satan simply means adversary or evil intent.

Whence the Christian idea that God cursed the Devil? The God of the Jews, forbids cursing Satan. Philo Judæus and Josephus both state that the Law (the Pentateuch and the Talmud) undeviatingly forbid one to curse the adversary, as also the gods of the gentiles. "Thou shalt not revile the gods," quoth the god of Moses (Exod. 22:28), for it is God who "hath divided (them) unto all nations" (Deut. 4:19); and those who speak evil of "Dignities" (gods) are called "filthy dreamers" by Jude. For even Michael the Archangel durst not bring against him (the devil) a railing accusation, but said:

"The Lord rebuke thee". Finally the same is repeated in the Talmud. "Satan appeared one day to a man who used to curse him daily, and said to him: 'Why dost thou this?' Consider that God himself would not not curse me, but merely said: 'The Lord rebuke thee, Satan'."
This bit of Talmudic information shows plainly two things (a) that St. Michael is called "God" in the Talmud, and somebody else "the Lord"; and (b) that Satan is a God, of whom even the "Lord" is in fear.

'Ha satawn' is an ancient Hebrew word and the devil and Lucifer along with the word Hell are words that the Catholic Church needed to insure fear surrounded their parishoners...to induce them to come to church, to rely on the priests and the church system. They stole the pagan Pan for imagery. They stole the idea of Hades & Sheol for Hell. And Devil out of the Greek word, diabolos. Diabolos only meant "false accuser."

Satan was introduced into Christianity in the 4th or 5th century to "scare people" into staying in line or they would go to hell. And they equated him with pagan Pan, nature's god. One Christian writer wrote that, "Satan controls the weather." Well I would certainly assume that Pan, nature's god, would certainly be capable of controlling the weather. Duh!

So how is Lucifer, the planet Venus, Satan?

Satan was doing god's bidding in Job wasn't he? Hmmmm.

Houston. We have a problem!:

Isaiah 45:7

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

Nature's god? Where have I heard that phrase before? Hmmmmmm. Anyone?

[link to www.crivoice.org]

[link to sacred-texts.com]

So how about the Torah?

I downloaded the 1917 version of the Tanach here:

[link to www.shamash.org]

1 ¶ For the LORD will have compassion on Jacob, and will yet choose Israel, and set them in their own land; and the stranger shall join himself with them, and they shall cleave to the house of Jacob.
2 And the peoples shall take them, and bring them to their place; and the house of Israel shall possess them in the land of the LORD for servants and for handmaids; and they shall take them captive, whose captives they were; and they shall rule over their oppressors.
3 And it shall come to pass in the day that the LORD shall give thee rest from thy travail, and from thy trouble, and from the hard service wherein thou wast made to serve,
4 ¶ that thou shalt take up this parable against the king of Babylon, and say: How hath the oppressor ceased! the exactress of gold ceased!
5 The LORD hath broken the staff of the wicked, the sceptre of the rulers,
6 That smote the peoples in wrath with an incessant stroke, that ruled the nations in anger, with a persecution that none restrained.
7 The whole earth is at rest, and is quiet; they break forth into singing.
8 Yea, the cypresses rejoice at thee, and the cedars of Lebanon: 'Since thou art laid down, no feller is come up against us.'
9 The nether-world from beneath is moved for thee to meet thee at thy coming; the shades are stirred up for thee, even all the chief ones of the earth; all the kings of the nations are raised up from their thrones.
10 All they do answer and say unto thee: 'Art thou also become weak as we? Art thou become like unto us?
11 Thy pomp is brought down to the nether-world, and the noise of thy psalteries; the maggot is spread under thee, and the worms cover thee.'
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O day-star, son of the morning! How art thou cut down to the ground, that didst cast lots over the nations!
13 And thou saidst in thy heart: 'I will ascend into heaven, above the stars of God will I exalt my throne, and I will sit upon the mount of meeting, in the uttermost parts of the north;
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the Most High.'
15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to the nether-world, to the uttermost parts of the pit.
16 They that saw thee do narrowly look upon thee, they gaze earnestly at thee: 'Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;
17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?'
18 All the kings of the nations, all of them, sleep in glory, every one in his own house.
19 But thou art cast forth away from thy grave like an abhorred offshoot, in the raiment of the slain, that are thrust through with the sword, that go down to the pavement of the pit, as a carcass trodden under foot.
20 Thou shalt not be joined with them in burial, because thou hast destroyed thy land, thou hast slain thy people; the seed of evil-doers shall not be named for ever.
21 Prepare ye slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they rise not up, and possess the earth, and fill the face of the world with cities.
22 And I will rise up against them, saith the LORD of hosts, and cut off from Babylon name and remnant, and offshoot and offspring, saith the LORD.
23 I will also make it a possession for the bittern, and pools of water; and I will sweep it with the besom of destruction, saith the LORD of hosts.
24 ¶ The LORD of hosts hath sworn, saying: Surely as I have thought, so shall it come to pass; and as I have purposed, so shall it stand,
25 That I will break Asshur in My land, and upon My mountains tread him under foot; then shall his yoke depart from off them, and his burden depart from off their shoulder.
26 This is the purpose that is purposed upon the whole earth; and this is the hand that is stretched out upon all the nations.
27 For the LORD of hosts hath purposed, and who shall disannul it? And His hand is stretched out, and who shall turn it back?
28 In the year that king Ahaz died was this burden.
29 Rejoice not, O Philistia, all of thee, because the rod that smote thee is broken: for out of the serpent's root shall come forth a basilisk, and his fruit shall be a flying serpent.
30 And the first-born of the poor shall feed, and the needy shall lie down in safety; and I will kill thy root with famine, and thy remnant shall be slain.
31 Howl, O gate; cry, O city; melt away, O Philistia, all of thee; for there cometh a smoke out of the north, and there is no straggler in his ranks.
32 What then shall one answer the messengers of the nation? That the LORD hath founded Zion, and in her shall the afflicted of His people take refuge.

[link to en.wikipedia.org]

Dualing Brother Enki, aka Satan (Lord, thru Genesis 6 at the very least - books are mainly Sumerian in origin):

Dualing Brother, Enlil, aka Jehovah (God, thru Genesis 6 at the very least - books are mainly Sumerian in origin):

That's why there is plurality in many parts of the book.

How many dualing brother stories are there in the OT?

More than you can shake a stick at.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP