Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject 9/11 Conspiracies Revisited
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message [link to www.yesbutnobutyes.com]

Last year, right before the anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, I wrote a vitriolic column entitled "Taking a Piss On the 9/11 Conspiracy Nut Jobs." Not exactly subtle, but that was on purpose.

As we near another anniversary, I am rerunning the column. I believe it is important. The "Truthers" are some of the vilest people in the country. So I'd like to stick them with a cattle prod.

We are rapidly approaching the seven year anniversary of one of the darkest days on this great country's history. A day that can still cause me to choke up when I see that horrible footage.

Just thinking of those homemade flyers that were pasted on church fences in my Greenwich Village neighborhood, asking in desperation "Have you seen ____?" makes me upset. It was gutting seeing those flyers. It was horrible hearing the machinery clearing out the rubble at Ground Zero at three in the morning.

The terrorist attacks on September 11th, 2001 changed this country. A country that I love. As the seven years have gone by, and our nation has struggled to maintain a proper course, an obnoxious and vulgar group has continued to recruit believers. Those that believe that the 9/11 attacks were an inside job and an elaborate conspiracy.

Listen carefully: There is not one shred of evidence of a conspiracy.

None. Zero. Zip. Squadush.

I wish to release some of my frustration and dismantle any notion to the contrary.

As with most of the nutty conspiracy theorists, the groups grab odd coincidences, wild speculations, out of context quotes and imagination, then shuffle them like a deck of cards and put them together to "prove" a devious collusion. The practice is no different than the chaps that look at Nostradomus's "prophecies" and say, "see, if you take this word and switch these two letters, then flip this letter upside down, it says 'Bush is the Devil.'" I'd like to smack those dopes upside the head.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP