Users Online Now: 1,924 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 735,683
Pageviews Today: 956,451Threads Today: 244Posts Today: 3,402
08:15 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject German Recipe Search: Chicken & Mushrooms in Wine Sauce in Puff Pastry (Konigs Pastette)
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I'm sorry to bother the board about this silly Q but I've been unable to find an answer for many, many weeks and would like to get help from the GLP international community.

I have some canned chicken in my survival stores, as well as dried mushrooms, that would be perfect for this incredible dish I used to get everywhere in Germany. Only I can't find any recipes online. I can't even find web pages on this recipe, which would be perfectly delicious for using up survival foods that I have to rotate on my shelves.

The dish was called "Konigs Pastette" ("King's Pastry") and was simply chicken in some kind of wine sauce with mushrooms in little puff pastry cups. I've tried using other chicken and mushroom in gravy recipes, but they don't work well.

What's surprising to me is that this dish was everywhere, on practically every German restaurant's appetizer menu since it's easy to make in advance and serve on a buffet for brunch or early dinner.

This was good enough to serve to guests at elegant parties, yet very simple and easy to make in advance. It would be wonderful if I could use up this canned chicken and the dried mushrooms I have to rotate, for this dish!
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP