Users Online Now: 2,055 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 809,483
Pageviews Today: 1,430,768Threads Today: 606Posts Today: 10,526
04:32 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Was Paul - aka Saul of Tarsus - a False Apostle?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I have been pondering the issue of Saul/Paul for quite some time. I think the evidence is overwhelmingly against Paul being a genuine "apostle."

To just scratch the surface of the evidence against Saul, consider the following:

1. Saul/Paul was NOT one of the original 12 Apostles, and was not the replacement for Judas. The Gospels and Book of Revelation makes clear that there are only 12 apostles. Yet Saul/Paul over and over in his epistles claims to be an "apostle."

2. Saul/Paul's own writings clearly demonstrate that he taught a completely different doctrine than that of Yahshua. Saul taught against keeping the commandments (a doctrine of "salvation by faith and not works"), while Yahshua taught that one must "do the will of the Father" and obey His commandments in order to obtain eternal life.

3. Saul of Tarsus was a top Pharisee in the Sanhedrin who lead the persecution of Yahshua and his followers. Remember what Yahshua said about the "leaven" (doctrine) of the Pharisees? Perhaps Saul's agenda of claiming to be an "apostle" was to infiltrate and destroy Yahshua's teaching from within.

4. Remember that even Yahshua himself warned repeatedly against false prohphets.

Matthew 7:15 "Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves."

Matthew 24:24 "For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect."

Matthew 24:4-5 "And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many."

Note that Yahshua says that MANY will be deceived...not just a few.

5. One the most damning evidences against Saul comes from passages in Paul's epistle "2 Timothy" and the book of Revelation.

"This you know, that all those in Asia have turned away from me." 2Timothy 1:15

This would include the Church at Ephesus, which was in "Asia."

Now, turn to Revelation which includes Yahshua speaking to the Church at Ephesus:

Revelation 2;1: "Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;

2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:"

Stop and think about the significance of that. Saul has admitted that all those in Asia, including Ephesus, had rejected him. And then Yahshua praises the Ephesians for rejecting false apostles! Doesn't that include the false apostle Paul?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP