Maybe just maybe Comet Elenin is nothing to worry about and the real worry is asteroid YU55 on November 8 & 9?Consider this:FACTS ABOUT YU55:
1) Asteroid YU55 is 400 METERS IN SIZE!
2) DISTANCE .00217 AU FROM EARTH
ON 11/8 AT 23:28 UT
(this is 6:28pm Eastern time and 3:28pm Pacific time).
This is 201,714 miles!!!!
3) DISTANCE .00160AU
FROM MOON ON 11/9 AT 07:13 UT
(this is 2:13am Eastern time). This is 148,729 miles!!!
3) Will be viewable on 11/8 after 4pm EST from the Eastern
Atlantic/Western Africe zone (HINT: ATLANTIC OCEAN
PROBABLY WOULD BE THE POINT OF IMPACT).
4) The asteroid is coming in between Earth and the moon.
5) This is the closest approach to date by an object THIS
LARGE known about in advance. An event of this type will
not happen again until approach of Asteroid 2001 WN5 in
the year 2028
6) Frequently talked about doomsday Asteroid Apophis (270
meters) is a little smaller than upcoming asteroid YU55!
7) It has been said that a strike by an object Apophis'
size (270 meters) could destroy 10-25% of life on Earth!
[link to www.universetoday.com
8) If the point of impact is the Atlantic Ocean between US
and Africa, you will see a tsunami destroy the entire
East coast of the United States.
[link to neo.jpl.nasa.gov
[link to www.space.com
Asteroid 2005 YU55 is a slow rotator. Because of its size and proximity to Earth, the Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Mass., has designated the space rock as a “potentially hazardous asteroid.”
“The close Earth approach of 2005 YU55 on Nov. 8, is unusual since it is close and big. On average, one wouldn’t expect an object this big to pass this close but every 30 years,” said Don Yeomans, manager of NASA’s Near-Earth Object Program Office and the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California.