Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,432 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 503,212
Pageviews Today: 1,174,561Threads Today: 801Posts Today: 14,198
04:34 PM


Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing
 

URGENT!!: State can seize your assets to pay for care after youíre forced into Medicaid by Obamacare

 
Ontheverge
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 1307762
United States
12/17/2013 06:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
URGENT!!: State can seize your assets to pay for care after youíre forced into Medicaid by Obamacare
[link to hotair.com]

My, this is an unpleasant consequence of Obamacare. Iím not going to call it unintended because in its current form, it potentially earns a bunch of money for states, so Iím pretty sure thatís intentional. What I think is unintentional is anyone noticing this is what theyíre up to.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5965882
Finland
12/17/2013 06:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: URGENT!!: State can seize your assets to pay for care after youíre forced into Medicaid by Obamacare
Im sry but this Obamacare thing will be the final nail to your countrys coffin. I really like US but sounds like this obamacare is similar to fukushima radiation, will kill u cannot escape.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32478365
United States
12/17/2013 06:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: URGENT!!: State can seize your assets to pay for care after youíre forced into Medicaid by Obamacare
Over 55 Medicaid becomes a collateral loan against your assets at time of death.

If you make less than about $16,000 you are now required by law to sign up. You also are barred from receiving a subsidy because your too poor. It's full market or the dole.

If you receive gov. benefits like sec. 8, food stamps, wic, ect. you probably have been auto-enrolled.

If you go the public hospital you will be denied charity care if you qualify for Medicaid.

If you accepted a subsidy than you are basically auto-enrolled in Medicaid if your income falls even temporarily.

Even if you don't use any services charges will rack up. Citation fees go to pay off the HMOs and other management entities. They can be hundreds of dollars a month.
Dirtyboy

User ID: 51695019
United States
12/17/2013 07:04 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: URGENT!!: State can seize your assets to pay for care after youíre forced into Medicaid by Obamacare
Careful of nursing homes. Some of them go after all the assets of the person in care. Some states allow them to go back as far as 10 years. They collect from the government and from the incapacitated person. There is big money in this. They come up with charges far beyond what any insurance plan pays. Read everything before you enter someone in a home; if you have problems reading get a lawyer.
Dirtyboy
Think beyond impossible.
wrinkley

User ID: 51704503
United States
12/17/2013 07:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: URGENT!!: State can seize your assets to pay for care after youíre forced into Medicaid by Obamacare
My wife and i are 70 ,but we have no savings now because of the economy and low income to begin with ,and we both know we can not go to the hospital due to cost so we really do not have health care it is a joke ,i feel for people that have to deal with this nonsense and have to pay for it .peace
wrinkles slow you down so you can see
beeches

User ID: 28167778
United States
12/17/2013 07:21 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: URGENT!!: State can seize your assets to pay for care after youíre forced into Medicaid by Obamacare
My wife and i are 70 ,but we have no savings now because of the economy and low income to begin with ,and we both know we can not go to the hospital due to cost so we really do not have health care it is a joke ,i feel for people that have to deal with this nonsense and have to pay for it .peace
 Quoting: wrinkley


you can be treated at any hospital. Why don't you use Medicare, age-wise you MORE than qualify???
Covid WAS nothing... so now Soros orchestrates bricklaying
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1264795
United States
12/17/2013 07:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: URGENT!!: State can seize your assets to pay for care after youíre forced into Medicaid by Obamacare
stash your assets where they can't be touched
Little Miss Sunshine

User ID: 45378025
United States
12/17/2013 07:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: URGENT!!: State can seize your assets to pay for care after youíre forced into Medicaid by Obamacare
stash your assets where they can't be touched
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1264795


You can say that again!!! It makes my blood boil every time I see a person in their 70's and 80's that HAVE TO work again after they've retired. Sad! How far the U.S. has fallen!
wrinkley

User ID: 51710324
United States
12/17/2013 09:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: URGENT!!: State can seize your assets to pay for care after youíre forced into Medicaid by Obamacare
My wife and i are 70 ,but we have no savings now because of the economy and low income to begin with ,and we both know we can not go to the hospital due to cost so we really do not have health care it is a joke ,i feel for people that have to deal with this nonsense and have to pay for it .peace
 Quoting: wrinkley


you can be treated at any hospital. Why don't you use Medicare, age-wise you MORE than qualify???
 Quoting: beeches


we have the medicare but it only covers 80 % of the cost -so we are screwed we really do not have the extra money for the other 20 % , that is why i say we can not go to the hospital if we had to ,but we have accepted our fate and are not concerned

Last Edited by wrinkley on 12/17/2013 09:41 PM
wrinkles slow you down so you can see
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32478365
United States
12/17/2013 09:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: URGENT!!: State can seize your assets to pay for care after youíre forced into Medicaid by Obamacare
My wife and i are 70 ,but we have no savings now because of the economy and low income to begin with ,and we both know we can not go to the hospital due to cost so we really do not have health care it is a joke ,i feel for people that have to deal with this nonsense and have to pay for it .peace
 Quoting: wrinkley


you can be treated at any hospital. Why don't you use Medicare, age-wise you MORE than qualify???
 Quoting: beeches


we have the medicare but it only covers 80 % of the cost -so we are screwed we really do not have the extra money for the other 20 % , that is why i say we can not go to the hospital if we had to ,but we have accepted our fate and are not concerned
 Quoting: wrinkley



Medicaid should pick up the rest if you live below poverty.

If you're worried about losing your house then put it in a trust so they can't touch it or simply get a cheap term life policy to take care of the blood sucking ghouls when the time comes.

You really need to talk to a senior peer counselor or someone similar.

Suffering for no reason isn't too smart.
gloomette
User ID: 1712532
United States
12/17/2013 10:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: URGENT!!: State can seize your assets to pay for care after youíre forced into Medicaid by Obamacare
My wife and i are 70 ,but we have no savings now because of the economy and low income to begin with ,and we both know we can not go to the hospital due to cost so we really do not have health care it is a joke ,i feel for people that have to deal with this nonsense and have to pay for it .peace
 Quoting: wrinkley


you can go. there is a little known program called financial aid that most non-profit hospitals have. if ever needed, ask for social worker, even in the ER.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 46317298
United States
12/17/2013 10:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: URGENT!!: State can seize your assets to pay for care after youíre forced into Medicaid by Obamacare
My wife and i are 70 ,but we have no savings now because of the economy and low income to begin with ,and we both know we can not go to the hospital due to cost so we really do not have health care it is a joke ,i feel for people that have to deal with this nonsense and have to pay for it .peace
 Quoting: wrinkley


you can be treated at any hospital. Why don't you use Medicare, age-wise you MORE than qualify???
 Quoting: beeches


we have the medicare but it only covers 80 % of the cost -so we are screwed we really do not have the extra money for the other 20 % , that is why i say we can not go to the hospital if we had to ,but we have accepted our fate and are not concerned
 Quoting: wrinkley



Medicaid should pick up the rest if you live below poverty.

If you're worried about losing your house then put it in a trust so they can't touch it or simply get a cheap term life policy to take care of the blood sucking ghouls when the time comes.

You really need to talk to a senior peer counselor or someone similar.

Suffering for no reason isn't too smart.

You can keep your home and automobile (and a few thousand dollars depending on the state) and receive Medicaid.
 Quoting: American Zombie
coderedoc
User ID: 51688237
United States
12/17/2013 10:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: URGENT!!: State can seize your assets to pay for care after youíre forced into Medicaid by Obamacare
This is even worse than Nazi Germany. The death sentence.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32478365
United States
12/17/2013 10:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: URGENT!!: State can seize your assets to pay for care after youíre forced into Medicaid by Obamacare
My wife and i are 70 ,but we have no savings now because of the economy and low income to begin with ,and we both know we can not go to the hospital due to cost so we really do not have health care it is a joke ,i feel for people that have to deal with this nonsense and have to pay for it .peace
 Quoting: wrinkley


you can go. there is a little known program called financial aid that most non-profit hospitals have. if ever needed, ask for social worker, even in the ER.
 Quoting: gloomette 1712532


Public hospital here is denying financial aid based on Medicaid eligibility.

They run your numbers and if your eligible you gotta sign up.

I'm in an expansion state.

Part of the govs deal with hospitals was a big cut in charity care and a whole lot of Medicaid signup.

But yes, definitely get a social worker on it.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 51741116
United States
12/18/2013 04:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: URGENT!!: State can seize your assets to pay for care after youíre forced into Medicaid by Obamacare
Many thanks to all of you and you have given me some good ideas hfpeacebump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 51341322
United Kingdom
12/18/2013 04:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: URGENT!!: State can seize your assets to pay for care after youíre forced into Medicaid by Obamacare
stash your assets where they can't be touched
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1264795


did you not hear about the GLP meet up where thousands of GLP'ers lost most of what they own in a tragic boating accident, it was a miracle nobody was killed.
yellowpete379

User ID: 51450734
United States
12/18/2013 06:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: URGENT!!: State can seize your assets to pay for care after youíre forced into Medicaid by Obamacare
If you enroll in Medicaid, you are living on the teet. I am ok with the gov taking your shit. I think worthless idiots that refuse to work, and live off the system should have the same treatment. But no reason to wait until death. If you live on welfare and make no attempt to find a job, or pop out 3 more kids while on the dole, you should lose your car, house, xbox1, 60"led tv, and all the other cool shit working class people cannot afford because they are supporting your worthless parasitic existence.
skull_fing

Last Edited by yellowpete379 on 12/18/2013 06:15 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 52395823
United States
01/03/2014 07:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: URGENT!!: State can seize your assets to pay for care after youíre forced into Medicaid by Obamacare
[link to hotair.com]

My, this is an unpleasant consequence of Obamacare. Iím not going to call it unintended because in its current form, it potentially earns a bunch of money for states, so Iím pretty sure thatís intentional. What I think is unintentional is anyone noticing this is what theyíre up to.
 Quoting: Ontheverge


Not sure if this has been previously pinned or not, but 5*s and pin request. THis is screwed up and I was going to post about Medicaid Estate Recovery (for over 55 healthcare costs), but thought I'd search for a previos post. I chose yours to bump and pin request.
bump
Mamie Eickenhikenfry
User ID: 52004943
United States
01/03/2014 10:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: URGENT!!: State can seize your assets to pay for care after youíre forced into Medicaid by Obamacare
Wrong. If your are 65 & disabled a property owner
can file a homestead exemption with their county
assessors office. A very simple process.

[link to en.wikipedia.org]

If you own property have a trust and a homestead exemption
filed with your assessors office will keep the fleas off.





GLP