Godlike Productions - Conspiracy Forum
Users Online Now: 1,563 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 840,931
Pageviews Today: 1,424,686Threads Today: 578Posts Today: 11,570
06:56 PM


Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing
 

Why You Should Never Use Stripe To Process Your Recurring Subscriptions. (Stripe Responds To GLP)

 
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 49523869
United States
02/11/2019 02:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Why You Should Never Use Stripe To Process Your Recurring Subscriptions. (Stripe Responds To GLP)
Yikes...! Tyranny...!

(((The))) Bigot Agenda...

Right there In-Your-Face...

"For any Reason, or for no Reason at all"...

Esplanation...! We no need no Fucking Esplanation...!

-Les Miserables-

[link to en.wikipedia.org (secure)]

"so long as, in certain regions, social asphyxia shall be possible; in other words, and from a yet more extended point of view, so long as ignorance and misery remain on earth, books (web-sites) like this cannot be useless. "
.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 49523869


One more time... Borrowing from "-Les Miserables-"...

"The book (web-site) which the reader has before him at this moment is, from one end to the other, in its entirety and details ... a progress from evil to good, from injustice to justice, from falsehood to truth, from night to day, from appetite to conscience, from corruption to life; from bestiality to duty, from hell to heaven, from nothingness to God."

Get-Some...!
.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 49523869


From -Les Miserables-

Original Illustration -


Note: it appears to show the words "Co-fe-fe" as graffiti on the wall in the background.

[link to upload.wikimedia.org (secure)]
?
^TrInItY^Moderator  (OP)
Forum Administrator

02/11/2019 02:09 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Why You Should Never Use Stripe To Process Your Recurring Subscriptions. (Stripe Responds To GLP)
...


They don't have any laws on the matter. They are not in the business of telling their companies what they can and can't do.

It boils down to personal jurisdiction (where are you) and corporate jurisdiction (where is the company based).

So if you are in the United States your personal jurisdiction grants you the right to freedom of speech.

The website itself (based in Jersey) isn't actually making any comments at all.

The website itself if simply providing a communications platform, like a telephone company.

Can you hold the telephone company liable for the private conversations of its customers?

Are you starting too understand?
 Quoting: ^TrInItY^


The dollars. It all sounds reasonable until the site collects US dollars.

 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 72636926


You can accept USD for a transaction anywhere in the world. Using a particular currency doesn't subject one to the laws of the country under which that currency is issued.

That argument makes no sense.
 Quoting: ^TrInItY^


Are the payments for GLP upgrades processed in Jersey? If so then no problem.

 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 72636926


That is also irrelevant.

I'm not going to argue jurisdiction with you when you don't understand how it works.

Last Edited by ^TrInItY^ on 02/11/2019 02:09 PM
Few will listen,
Of the few who listen, fewer still will understand,
Understanding does not mean believe,
Of the handful who believe, most may not know what to do,
Those who even know, how many will actually do ?
And the rare ones who have done it.......
Need not listen to you anymore.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 73025873
United States
02/11/2019 02:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Why You Should Never Use Stripe To Process Your Recurring Subscriptions. (Stripe Responds To GLP)
So you spend years building up a subscriber base and then your payment processor decides to destroy your business overnight and you're left with no recourse?

YES!

Stripe can and will terminate your account without notice and without reason.

For the original communications regarding this issue see this thread:
Thread: Stripe Just Canceled Payment Processing For GLP...

----


On Feb 10, 2019, at 9:34 PM, Stripe Support <[email protected]> wrote:


Hello xxxxxxx,

Kevyn with Stripe, stepping in to assist here.I appreciate your reply.

To clarify, Stripe is legally required to complete what's called a KYC (Know Your Customer) Survey for every user that signs up, regardless of how many transactions they've processed. We may conduct further reviews over the life of the account as well, and you can see more on this here: [link to stripe.com (secure)]

With this in mind, I do understand your frustration and wish I could give you better news. You're welcome to take whatever steps you deem necessary to protect yourself and your business, however, I do encourage you to review our Service Agreement as your business does fall under our list of Restricted Businesses and Activities: [link to stripe.com (secure)]

Additionally, per our Service Agreement, we can terminate an account at any time and for any reason. You can see more on this under Section A here: [link to stripe.com (secure)]

Should you wish to proceed via legal channels, your legal team can reach out to us here: [link to stripe.com (secure)]

That said, we do have to impose strict limits on the types of businesses we can and can't support. We're unable to work with any business that we believe poses elevated financial risk, or violates our own policies; in this case, after a thorough review of your account, we have determined that your business falls within these guidelines.

I can assure you that we have done a thorough review of your account, and we will be unable to reverse our decision. We are unable to provide any further details regarding the reason for your account's closure.

I understand this is not what you were hoping for. If you need an alternative payment processor, we recommend considering PaymentCloud, who are able to work with many businesses we're not able to support: [link to paymentcloudinc.com (secure)]

Please feel free to reach out with any other questions you may have.

Best,
Kevyn

--- My Response ----


On Feb 11, 2019, at 7:51 AM, xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx <[email protected]> wrote:

Kevyn,

What is your position with Stripe?

I demand this situation be escalated to the highest level.

Basically, you refuse to show me exactly how we violated your terms of service and instead are telling me you have the right to terminate an account for no reason at all?

lol

Do you really think people would use your service to build up recurring subscription revenue if they knew this?

We both know this is an issue of free speech.

You won’t specify how we violated your terms of service because you know we did not.

A third party post on our website is not content published by us. It is published by the user. Further, there is a reporting and removal system on our website for questionable posts.

Would you terminate twitter, facebook, or youtube because someone posted something you didn’t like on there?

It’s outrageous and the world will know where you stand.

You’re on the wrong side of history here.

XXXXXXXX
 Quoting: ^TrInItY^


YEARS?
I thought you just got booted from paypal not long ago!

pick
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 70428285
United States
02/11/2019 02:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Why You Should Never Use Stripe To Process Your Recurring Subscriptions. (Stripe Responds To GLP)
Don't take this personally Trinity, but I could show you why any number of sites would refuse to work with this site.

It's not your fault man but let's just be honest here and admit to yourself there is a very definitive mindset of the people here and it has nothing to do with Trump.
Has to do with that other thing many Trump supporters on this site are.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 72636926
United States
02/11/2019 02:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Why You Should Never Use Stripe To Process Your Recurring Subscriptions. (Stripe Responds To GLP)
...


The dollars. It all sounds reasonable until the site collects US dollars.

 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 72636926


You can accept USD for a transaction anywhere in the world. Using a particular currency doesn't subject one to the laws of the country under which that currency is issued.

That argument makes no sense.
 Quoting: ^TrInItY^


Are the payments for GLP upgrades processed in Jersey? If so then no problem.

 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 72636926


That is also irrelevant.

I'm not going to argue jurisdiction with you when you don't understand how it works.
 Quoting: ^TrInItY^


Well it seems odd. A strange business model.
Triteia

User ID: 77325805
United States
02/11/2019 02:14 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Why You Should Never Use Stripe To Process Your Recurring Subscriptions. (Stripe Responds To GLP)
...



I'm not a Stripe employee, I'm an oblique competitor.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 76677680


That would just make you an agent provocateur, but on this site everyone is. So whatever 1dunno1.

That's like saying you're a white guy in Wisconsin.
 Quoting: Merit


Well said on that Merit!
 Quoting: Triteia


Die in an AIDS fire
 Quoting: Merit


Aha! Lol!
Still butt hurt eh?

Well that's okay. I'm glad you still have the right to tell me that and I still have the right to tell you to fuck off!
Triteia
GTB

User ID: 76338020
United States
02/11/2019 02:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Why You Should Never Use Stripe To Process Your Recurring Subscriptions. (Stripe Responds To GLP)
...


You can accept USD for a transaction anywhere in the world. Using a particular currency doesn't subject one to the laws of the country under which that currency is issued.

That argument makes no sense.
 Quoting: ^TrInItY^


Are the payments for GLP upgrades processed in Jersey? If so then no problem.

 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 72636926


That is also irrelevant.

I'm not going to argue jurisdiction with you when you don't understand how it works.
 Quoting: ^TrInItY^


Well it seems odd. A strange business model.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 72636926


You can keep repeating "A strange business model" all you want, it doesn't change the fact that you clearly don't know how the law works, so you aren't even qualified in the slightest bit to question the legitimacy of the "business model."
If you ask me, Communism didn't kill enough Communists.
Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government when it deserves it - Mark Twain
Socialism is the philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy - Winston Churchill
^TrInItY^Moderator  (OP)
Forum Administrator

02/11/2019 02:17 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Why You Should Never Use Stripe To Process Your Recurring Subscriptions. (Stripe Responds To GLP)
Don't take this personally Trinity, but I could show you why any number of sites would refuse to work with this site.

It's not your fault man but let's just be honest here and admit to yourself there is a very definitive mindset of the people here and it has nothing to do with Trump.
Has to do with that other thing many Trump supporters on this site are.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 70428285


Man, these are just people talking amongst themselves.

This website upsets you because here you can see how people REALLY FEEL.

What you see on Facebook, twitter, youtube, etc is so heavily censored that you're not getting a feel for the real PULSE of society.

You'd like to tell yourself that this place represents some fringe set of ideals but in reality it's this mindset that got Trump elected, so you've got a much bigger problem than some backwater forum on the internet.

It's out there...

People really DO think these things...

Why would you want to shut this place down?

Do you really view it as such a threat?

It's just people talking..

That's all it is.

Why can't you deal with that?

You CHOOSE to come here and read it.

Why can't you let the door be open to others?

It scares you..

Like a poison in the minds of society...

But to us, you are the poison.

ONLY through discourse or war can we resolve our issues.

I much prefer discourse.


thinkaboutit
Few will listen,
Of the few who listen, fewer still will understand,
Understanding does not mean believe,
Of the handful who believe, most may not know what to do,
Those who even know, how many will actually do ?
And the rare ones who have done it.......
Need not listen to you anymore.
Triteia

User ID: 77325805
United States
02/11/2019 02:18 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Why You Should Never Use Stripe To Process Your Recurring Subscriptions. (Stripe Responds To GLP)
Yikes...! Tyranny...!

(((The))) Bigot Agenda...

Right there In-Your-Face...

"For any Reason, or for no Reason at all"...

Esplanation...! We no need no Fucking Esplanation...!

-Les Miserables-

[link to en.wikipedia.org (secure)]

"so long as, in certain regions, social asphyxia shall be possible; in other words, and from a yet more extended point of view, so long as ignorance and misery remain on earth, books (web-sites) like this cannot be useless. "
.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 49523869


One more time... Borrowing from "-Les Miserables-"...

"The book (web-site) which the reader has before him at this moment is, from one end to the other, in its entirety and details ... a progress from evil to good, from injustice to justice, from falsehood to truth, from night to day, from appetite to conscience, from corruption to life; from bestiality to duty, from hell to heaven, from nothingness to God."

Get-Some...!
.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 49523869


From -Les Miserables-

Original Illustration -


Note: it appears to show the words "Co-fe-fe" as graffiti on the wall in the background.

[link to upload.wikimedia.org (secure)]
?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 49523869


I will check it out.
Thanks friend.
Triteia
A Chosen

User ID: 75313639
United States
02/11/2019 02:19 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Why You Should Never Use Stripe To Process Your Recurring Subscriptions. (Stripe Responds To GLP)
...


You can accept USD for a transaction anywhere in the world. Using a particular currency doesn't subject one to the laws of the country under which that currency is issued.

That argument makes no sense.
 Quoting: ^TrInItY^


Are the payments for GLP upgrades processed in Jersey? If so then no problem.

 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 72636926


That is also irrelevant.

I'm not going to argue jurisdiction with you when you don't understand how it works.
 Quoting: ^TrInItY^


Well it seems odd. A strange business model.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 72636926


Why? I traveled all over Europe and the Middle East and they would take dollars or their own currency. I didn't matter to them. In fact, some countries, like Turkey preferred the dollar over the Lira.
Triteia

User ID: 77325805
United States
02/11/2019 02:22 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Why You Should Never Use Stripe To Process Your Recurring Subscriptions. (Stripe Responds To GLP)
We are learning the meaning about "will not be able to buy or sell without the Mark of the Beast".
Triteia
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 72636926
United States
02/11/2019 02:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Why You Should Never Use Stripe To Process Your Recurring Subscriptions. (Stripe Responds To GLP)
...


Are the payments for GLP upgrades processed in Jersey? If so then no problem.

 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 72636926


That is also irrelevant.

I'm not going to argue jurisdiction with you when you don't understand how it works.
 Quoting: ^TrInItY^


Well it seems odd. A strange business model.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 72636926


You can keep repeating "A strange business model" all you want, it doesn't change the fact that you clearly don't know how the law works, so you aren't even qualified in the slightest bit to question the legitimacy of the "business model."
 Quoting: GTB


A business located in the United States collecting United States Dollars is not under the laws of the United States?

Yes you are correct, I don't understand.
99thmonkey

User ID: 10195274
United States
02/11/2019 02:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Why You Should Never Use Stripe To Process Your Recurring Subscriptions. (Stripe Responds To GLP)
Guess STRIPE is ran by snowflakes
 Quoting: WaistBandWiener


The name Kevyn implies the guy was raised by lesbians.
You already know the truth.
Latin translations:
Individual=singular
Pray=tandem (as one)
Am=sum (of matter and spirit)
Soul=anima (animated by)
God=Dei
If you understand and BELIEVE these meanings you will have-
Faith=fides
ConFIDEnce (faith in self and others)

sun=sol. light=lux
Heart=cor
inspired=(in)spiritus
Gold=aurum. Crown=Corona
Heaven=AURAe

Jon 3:14
We know that we have passed from death to life because we love each other.
Those who do not love shall remain in death.
Dark to Light.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 76292377
02/11/2019 02:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Why You Should Never Use Stripe To Process Your Recurring Subscriptions. (Stripe Responds To GLP)
Re: Why You Should Never Use Stripe To Process Your Recurring Subscriptions. (Stripe Responds To GLP)

Your whinge:
"Stripe can and will terminate your account without notice and without reason."
.
.
.
"...Basically, you refuse to show me exactly how we violated your terms of service and instead are telling me you have the right to terminate an account for no reason at all?.."

Your own rules:
"• You understand and agree that your membership to this private establishment can be revoked by this website's staff at any time for any reason whatsoever or no reason at all."

?

Why are you whinging when someone does to you what you do all the time??

Your mods are, by and large, doing a good job. Some aren't and they apply your catchall rules as it suits their mood. Sort your site out or you are just a hypocrite.

Stripe are at least responding to you, which is more than you and your mods do.

(I just got an instant ban for posting this a few minutes ago - get a grip - stop being what you claim not to be!!
if you disagree with what I say then say so, and why. This instant banning bullshit is doing the site no good at all)
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 76711441


I'm time confused. How do you write that you have just got an instant ban? Surely if you are banned you can't post??
 Quoting: MySoul


I went around the ban (which is based on your IP) with a proxy. Not something I would wish to do nor should have to do. But, there you go.

I'm actually a member but at the time of the 'ban/offending post' I just hadn't logged in - but my IP was not hidden then so their software should have identified me anyway. Banned anyway. Still banned on my registered IP despite requesting an 'unban'.
Merit
FOCUS POCUS

User ID: 73018916
United States
02/11/2019 02:23 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Why You Should Never Use Stripe To Process Your Recurring Subscriptions. (Stripe Responds To GLP)
...


That would just make you an agent provocateur, but on this site everyone is. So whatever 1dunno1.

That's like saying you're a white guy in Wisconsin.
 Quoting: Merit


Well said on that Merit!
 Quoting: Triteia


Die in an AIDS fire
 Quoting: Merit


Aha! Lol!
Still butt hurt eh?

Well that's okay. I'm glad you still have the right to tell me that and I still have the right to tell you to fuck off!
 Quoting: Triteia


jerkit nerd

Last Edited by Merit on 02/11/2019 02:23 PM


Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.

^TrInItY^Moderator  (OP)
Forum Administrator

02/11/2019 02:23 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Why You Should Never Use Stripe To Process Your Recurring Subscriptions. (Stripe Responds To GLP)
...


That is also irrelevant.

I'm not going to argue jurisdiction with you when you don't understand how it works.
 Quoting: ^TrInItY^


Well it seems odd. A strange business model.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 72636926


You can keep repeating "A strange business model" all you want, it doesn't change the fact that you clearly don't know how the law works, so you aren't even qualified in the slightest bit to question the legitimacy of the "business model."
 Quoting: GTB


A business located in the United States collecting United States Dollars is not under the laws of the United States?

Yes you are correct, I don't understand.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 72636926


It's not located in the United States.

Zero Point Ltd. owns GLP, all trade marks, etc and is a registered Jersey Corporation.

If transactions for GLP are processed by a United States company it does not mean GLP is owned by that company.

It means Zero Point Ltd. is contracting with a payment processor who happens to be based in the United States, or anywhere else for that matter.

Last Edited by ^TrInItY^ on 02/11/2019 02:26 PM
Few will listen,
Of the few who listen, fewer still will understand,
Understanding does not mean believe,
Of the handful who believe, most may not know what to do,
Those who even know, how many will actually do ?
And the rare ones who have done it.......
Need not listen to you anymore.
Interdimensional Warrior
User ID: 77257748
United States
02/11/2019 02:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Why You Should Never Use Stripe To Process Your Recurring Subscriptions. (Stripe Responds To GLP)
So you spend years building up a subscriber base and then your payment processor decides to destroy your business overnight and you're left with no recourse?

YES!

Stripe can and will terminate your account without notice and without reason.

For the original communications regarding this issue see this thread:
Thread: Stripe Just Canceled Payment Processing For GLP...

----


On Feb 10, 2019, at 9:34 PM, Stripe Support <[email protected]> wrote:


Hello xxxxxxx,

Kevyn with Stripe, stepping in to assist here.I appreciate your reply.

To clarify, Stripe is legally required to complete what's called a KYC (Know Your Customer) Survey for every user that signs up, regardless of how many transactions they've processed. We may conduct further reviews over the life of the account as well, and you can see more on this here: [link to stripe.com (secure)]

With this in mind, I do understand your frustration and wish I could give you better news. You're welcome to take whatever steps you deem necessary to protect yourself and your business, however, I do encourage you to review our Service Agreement as your business does fall under our list of Restricted Businesses and Activities: [link to stripe.com (secure)]

Additionally, per our Service Agreement, we can terminate an account at any time and for any reason. You can see more on this under Section A here: [link to stripe.com (secure)]

Should you wish to proceed via legal channels, your legal team can reach out to us here: [link to stripe.com (secure)]

That said, we do have to impose strict limits on the types of businesses we can and can't support. We're unable to work with any business that we believe poses elevated financial risk, or violates our own policies; in this case, after a thorough review of your account, we have determined that your business falls within these guidelines.

I can assure you that we have done a thorough review of your account, and we will be unable to reverse our decision. We are unable to provide any further details regarding the reason for your account's closure.

I understand this is not what you were hoping for. If you need an alternative payment processor, we recommend considering PaymentCloud, who are able to work with many businesses we're not able to support: [link to paymentcloudinc.com (secure)]

Please feel free to reach out with any other questions you may have.

Best,
Kevyn

--- My Response ----


On Feb 11, 2019, at 7:51 AM, xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx <[email protected]> wrote:

Kevyn,

What is your position with Stripe?

I demand this situation be escalated to the highest level.

Basically, you refuse to show me exactly how we violated your terms of service and instead are telling me you have the right to terminate an account for no reason at all?

lol

Do you really think people would use your service to build up recurring subscription revenue if they knew this?

We both know this is an issue of free speech.

You won’t specify how we violated your terms of service because you know we did not.

A third party post on our website is not content published by us. It is published by the user. Further, there is a reporting and removal system on our website for questionable posts.

Would you terminate twitter, facebook, or youtube because someone posted something you didn’t like on there?

It’s outrageous and the world will know where you stand.

You’re on the wrong side of history here.

XXXXXXXX
 Quoting: ^TrInItY^

I am a strong supporter of free speech even when I strongly disagree with it, but I think this is a case of you belly aching about something when you must know they have a right to stop doing business with you.
I sure as hell don't want to bake a wedding cake for a couple of fags.
These people are trying to hurt you because they disagree with some of what is being said here by cutting you off.
It's business, and they have that right, in their TOS (like you) they say they can cut you off for any reason and they don't have to explain it to you.
We Are Anonymous
User ID: 70220297
United States
02/11/2019 02:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Why You Should Never Use Stripe To Process Your Recurring Subscriptions. (Stripe Responds To GLP)
Stripe will get theirs someday I am sure.

Have you considered setting-up your own Square account or something?

Just a thought.
GTB

User ID: 76338020
United States
02/11/2019 02:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Why You Should Never Use Stripe To Process Your Recurring Subscriptions. (Stripe Responds To GLP)
...


That is also irrelevant.

I'm not going to argue jurisdiction with you when you don't understand how it works.
 Quoting: ^TrInItY^


Well it seems odd. A strange business model.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 72636926


You can keep repeating "A strange business model" all you want, it doesn't change the fact that you clearly don't know how the law works, so you aren't even qualified in the slightest bit to question the legitimacy of the "business model."
 Quoting: GTB


A business located in the United States collecting United States Dollars is not under the laws of the United States?

Yes you are correct, I don't understand.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 72636926


I bet buffalo wings confuse the fuck out of you too.
If you ask me, Communism didn't kill enough Communists.
Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government when it deserves it - Mark Twain
Socialism is the philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy - Winston Churchill
ScrumpTheTexanModerator
Senior Forum Moderator

02/11/2019 02:26 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Why You Should Never Use Stripe To Process Your Recurring Subscriptions. (Stripe Responds To GLP)
...


Well it seems odd. A strange business model.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 72636926


You can keep repeating "A strange business model" all you want, it doesn't change the fact that you clearly don't know how the law works, so you aren't even qualified in the slightest bit to question the legitimacy of the "business model."
 Quoting: GTB


A business located in the United States collecting United States Dollars is not under the laws of the United States?

Yes you are correct, I don't understand.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 72636926


I bet buffalo wings confuse the fuck out of you too.
 Quoting: GTB


Knockout
I am a Christian.

Christian does not equal doormat or pushover

"I Have Sworn upon the Altar of God... Eternal Hostility against every form of Tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson, Sep. 23, 1800

TRUMP 2020

MedinaD

For previous Newsletters, click 'Scrump's News Letters' @ [link to www.godlikeproductions.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 72636926
United States
02/11/2019 02:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Why You Should Never Use Stripe To Process Your Recurring Subscriptions. (Stripe Responds To GLP)
...


Are the payments for GLP upgrades processed in Jersey? If so then no problem.

 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 72636926


That is also irrelevant.

I'm not going to argue jurisdiction with you when you don't understand how it works.
 Quoting: ^TrInItY^


Well it seems odd. A strange business model.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 72636926


Why? I traveled all over Europe and the Middle East and they would take dollars or their own currency. I didn't matter to them. In fact, some countries, like Turkey preferred the dollar over the Lira.
 Quoting: A Chosen


The dollars for GLP upgrades are collected collected and processed in the United States and then sent to a location in the United States. At least when it was PayPal anyhow.
Loup Garou

User ID: 76036912
United States
02/11/2019 02:27 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Why You Should Never Use Stripe To Process Your Recurring Subscriptions. (Stripe Responds To GLP)
That sucks all they care about is being a good SJW, business profits be damned.. That is a frightening thought that business no longer does all in its power to get and keep business.

Strange days indeed.
Just because YOU donít believe
in the Rougarou; or the Loup Garou, donít make you safe; No !

The Constitution is a blend of 'moral certitude' -- which is one of the reasons that criminals are determined to be rid of it and We the People must be even more determined to defend it.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine

The only thing the Illuminati fears is an independent person who can live, eat, sleep, stay warm and defend themselves separate from Federal help. Pray that the Lord gives us more time! The End is near and time is short!

A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion. ~Proverbs 18:2


For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible

"A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle" - James Keller

Checkd, Keked, and Rekt!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 70428285
United States
02/11/2019 02:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Why You Should Never Use Stripe To Process Your Recurring Subscriptions. (Stripe Responds To GLP)
Don't take this personally Trinity, but I could show you why any number of sites would refuse to work with this site.

It's not your fault man but let's just be honest here and admit to yourself there is a very definitive mindset of the people here and it has nothing to do with Trump.
Has to do with that other thing many Trump supporters on this site are.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 70428285


Man, these are just people talking amongst themselves.

This website upsets you because here you can see how people REALLY FEEL.

What you see on Facebook, twitter, youtube, etc is so heavily censored that you're not getting a feel for the real PULSE of society.

You'd like to tell yourself that this place represents some fringe set of ideals but in reality it's this mindset that got Trump elected, so you've got a much bigger problem than some backwater forum on the internet.

It's out there...

People really DO think these things...

Why would you want to shut this place down?

Do you really view it as such a threat?

It's just people talking..

That's all it is.

Why can't you deal with that?

You CHOOSE to come here and read it.

Why can't you let the door be open to others?

It scares you..

Like a poison in the minds of society...

But to us, you are the poison.

ONLY through discourse or war can we resolve our issues.

I much prefer discourse.


:thinkaboutit:
 Quoting: ^TrInItY^


I don't know Trin.
I remember that post not so long ago that you made about Obama bots and trump bots.
You were trying to be neutral and "open the door"
and if i remember correctly that didn't go over very well for you.
In fact I remember some of things people were calling you.

That's wasn't me buddy - those were your "friends" here.
I come here to read and enjoy my time here and if it's a truly free place than my opinion on matters should be just as respected as others.

I'm fairly sure if i wasn't AC my red bar would be maxed by now. People here like what they like, but i'm a person here also can voice my disapproval of the constant racial hatred.

What you may not realize as that WE outnumber you at the end of the day. So you had your small win - how long do you guys really think it's going to last?

You were all pounced upon by rebranded hope and change
still being policy written by the real owners.
The ones that would never let people like YOU or I truly make decisions that would change their centuries planned plans.
MySoul

User ID: 77295538
United Kingdom
02/11/2019 02:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Why You Should Never Use Stripe To Process Your Recurring Subscriptions. (Stripe Responds To GLP)
Re: Why You Should Never Use Stripe To Process Your Recurring Subscriptions. (Stripe Responds To GLP)

Your whinge:
"Stripe can and will terminate your account without notice and without reason."
.
.
.
"...Basically, you refuse to show me exactly how we violated your terms of service and instead are telling me you have the right to terminate an account for no reason at all?.."

Your own rules:
"• You understand and agree that your membership to this private establishment can be revoked by this website's staff at any time for any reason whatsoever or no reason at all."

?

Why are you whinging when someone does to you what you do all the time??

Your mods are, by and large, doing a good job. Some aren't and they apply your catchall rules as it suits their mood. Sort your site out or you are just a hypocrite.

Stripe are at least responding to you, which is more than you and your mods do.

(I just got an instant ban for posting this a few minutes ago - get a grip - stop being what you claim not to be!!
if you disagree with what I say then say so, and why. This instant banning bullshit is doing the site no good at all)
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 76711441


I'm time confused. How do you write that you have just got an instant ban? Surely if you are banned you can't post??
 Quoting: MySoul


I went around the ban (which is based on your IP) with a proxy. Not something I would wish to do nor should have to do. But, there you go.

I'm actually a member but at the time of the 'ban/offending post' I just hadn't logged in - but my IP was not hidden then so their software should have identified me anyway. Banned anyway. Still banned on my registered IP despite requesting an 'unban'.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 76292377


Thank you for your explanation. I am not very IT savvy!
Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results. Willie Nelson
Triteia

User ID: 77325805
United States
02/11/2019 02:28 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Why You Should Never Use Stripe To Process Your Recurring Subscriptions. (Stripe Responds To GLP)
So you spend years building up a subscriber base and then your payment processor decides to destroy your business overnight and you're left with no recourse?

YES!

Stripe can and will terminate your account without notice and without reason.

For the original communications regarding this issue see this thread:
Thread: Stripe Just Canceled Payment Processing For GLP...

----


On Feb 10, 2019, at 9:34 PM, Stripe Support <[email protected]> wrote:


Hello xxxxxxx,

Kevyn with Stripe, stepping in to assist here.I appreciate your reply.

To clarify, Stripe is legally required to complete what's called a KYC (Know Your Customer) Survey for every user that signs up, regardless of how many transactions they've processed. We may conduct further reviews over the life of the account as well, and you can see more on this here: [link to stripe.com (secure)]

With this in mind, I do understand your frustration and wish I could give you better news. You're welcome to take whatever steps you deem necessary to protect yourself and your business, however, I do encourage you to review our Service Agreement as your business does fall under our list of Restricted Businesses and Activities: [link to stripe.com (secure)]

Additionally, per our Service Agreement, we can terminate an account at any time and for any reason. You can see more on this under Section A here: [link to stripe.com (secure)]

Should you wish to proceed via legal channels, your legal team can reach out to us here: [link to stripe.com (secure)]

That said, we do have to impose strict limits on the types of businesses we can and can't support. We're unable to work with any business that we believe poses elevated financial risk, or violates our own policies; in this case, after a thorough review of your account, we have determined that your business falls within these guidelines.

I can assure you that we have done a thorough review of your account, and we will be unable to reverse our decision. We are unable to provide any further details regarding the reason for your account's closure.

I understand this is not what you were hoping for. If you need an alternative payment processor, we recommend considering PaymentCloud, who are able to work with many businesses we're not able to support: [link to paymentcloudinc.com (secure)]

Please feel free to reach out with any other questions you may have.

Best,
Kevyn

--- My Response ----


On Feb 11, 2019, at 7:51 AM, xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx <[email protected]> wrote:

Kevyn,

What is your position with Stripe?

I demand this situation be escalated to the highest level.

Basically, you refuse to show me exactly how we violated your terms of service and instead are telling me you have the right to terminate an account for no reason at all?

lol

Do you really think people would use your service to build up recurring subscription revenue if they knew this?

We both know this is an issue of free speech.

You won’t specify how we violated your terms of service because you know we did not.

A third party post on our website is not content published by us. It is published by the user. Further, there is a reporting and removal system on our website for questionable posts.

Would you terminate twitter, facebook, or youtube because someone posted something you didn’t like on there?

It’s outrageous and the world will know where you stand.

You’re on the wrong side of history here.

XXXXXXXX
 Quoting: ^TrInItY^

I am a strong supporter of free speech even when I strongly disagree with it, but I think this is a case of you belly aching about something when you must know they have a right to stop doing business with you.
I sure as hell don't want to bake a wedding cake for a couple of fags.
These people are trying to hurt you because they disagree with some of what is being said here by cutting you off.
It's business, and they have that right, in their TOS (like you) they say they can cut you off for any reason and they don't have to explain it to you.
 Quoting: Interdimensional Warrior 77257748


Nope. That is not how The Law works but I suggest we remain silent for now.
Triteia
Chaos Replicator

User ID: 48552614
South Africa
02/11/2019 02:28 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Why You Should Never Use Stripe To Process Your Recurring Subscriptions. (Stripe Responds To GLP)
Honk! Honk!

:clowny1:
*If you only knew how bad things really are...*

*Legal Disclaimer: All comments are for novelty purposes only, and should not be construed as fact.*
^TrInItY^Moderator  (OP)
Forum Administrator

02/11/2019 02:29 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Why You Should Never Use Stripe To Process Your Recurring Subscriptions. (Stripe Responds To GLP)
...


That is also irrelevant.

I'm not going to argue jurisdiction with you when you don't understand how it works.
 Quoting: ^TrInItY^


Well it seems odd. A strange business model.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 72636926


Why? I traveled all over Europe and the Middle East and they would take dollars or their own currency. I didn't matter to them. In fact, some countries, like Turkey preferred the dollar over the Lira.
 Quoting: A Chosen


The dollars for GLP upgrades are collected collected and processed in the United States and then sent to a location in the United States. At least when it was PayPal anyhow.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 72636926


no it wasn't

you're a fucking idiot
Few will listen,
Of the few who listen, fewer still will understand,
Understanding does not mean believe,
Of the handful who believe, most may not know what to do,
Those who even know, how many will actually do ?
And the rare ones who have done it.......
Need not listen to you anymore.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 72636926
United States
02/11/2019 02:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Why You Should Never Use Stripe To Process Your Recurring Subscriptions. (Stripe Responds To GLP)
...


Well it seems odd. A strange business model.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 72636926


You can keep repeating "A strange business model" all you want, it doesn't change the fact that you clearly don't know how the law works, so you aren't even qualified in the slightest bit to question the legitimacy of the "business model."
 Quoting: GTB


A business located in the United States collecting United States Dollars is not under the laws of the United States?

Yes you are correct, I don't understand.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 72636926


It's not located in the United States.

Zero Point Ltd. owns GLP, all trade marks, etc and is a registered Jersey Corporation.

If transactions for GLP are processed by a United States company it does not mean GLP is owned by that company.

It means Zero Point Ltd. is contracting with a payment processor who happens to be based in the United States, or anywhere else for that matter.
 Quoting: ^TrInItY^


Doesn't that require authorization to do business in the United States?

Foriegn corporations normally require authorization to do business in the United States.
Follower of Jesus

User ID: 75973020
United States
02/11/2019 02:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Why You Should Never Use Stripe To Process Your Recurring Subscriptions. (Stripe Responds To GLP)
I run a multimillion dollar business and will NEVER USE Stripe now or ever.
The number of people I speak with about business each year is vast and I will make sure that Stripe is always given a bad name.
Follower of Jesus (FoJ)
^TrInItY^Moderator  (OP)
Forum Administrator

02/11/2019 02:32 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Why You Should Never Use Stripe To Process Your Recurring Subscriptions. (Stripe Responds To GLP)
...


You can keep repeating "A strange business model" all you want, it doesn't change the fact that you clearly don't know how the law works, so you aren't even qualified in the slightest bit to question the legitimacy of the "business model."
 Quoting: GTB


A business located in the United States collecting United States Dollars is not under the laws of the United States?

Yes you are correct, I don't understand.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 72636926


It's not located in the United States.

Zero Point Ltd. owns GLP, all trade marks, etc and is a registered Jersey Corporation.

If transactions for GLP are processed by a United States company it does not mean GLP is owned by that company.

It means Zero Point Ltd. is contracting with a payment processor who happens to be based in the United States, or anywhere else for that matter.
 Quoting: ^TrInItY^


Doesn't that require authorization to do business in the United States?

Foriegn corporations normally require authorization to do business in the United States.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 72636926


NO man..

You think a foreign company needs authorization to do business with a USA company?

Seriously bro you're out of your league here.

Just stop.
Few will listen,
Of the few who listen, fewer still will understand,
Understanding does not mean believe,
Of the handful who believe, most may not know what to do,
Those who even know, how many will actually do ?
And the rare ones who have done it.......
Need not listen to you anymore.