Quoting: Anonymous Coward 78222577
He's a trinitarian lackey. Quoting: TheLordsServant
You will answer to Christ for your words..
If it wasn't for catholic-altered Bible verses there'd be NO evidence for a "trinity". DO THE HOMEWORK.
Scripture - even Jesus' own words - proves the "trinity" wrong.
John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. Thread: Jesus and the Apostles - 400 Verses That Reference Either The Father or His SON - Son of God Thread: Son of God - Jesus' Relationship To The Father - John 17 and More
1. Jesus NEVER says "I am God". The verse of "Before Abraham, I am" is taken out of context.
---Here's MORE times Jesus used the phrase "I am".
61 But he held his peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked him, and said unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?
62 And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
70 Then said they all, Art thou then the Son of God? And he said unto them, Ye say that I am.
John 10:36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
2. Thomas is the ONLY person in scripture to proclaim Jesus as "my God". ALL the others stated clearly that Jesus is the SON OF God.
3. Look up the word "filioque". 6th Century change to the Nicene Creed, which ultimately was a major reason the Orthodox Church broke away completely in 1054.
4. Several verses have been changed since the origianl manuscripts. Matthew 28:19 is negated by the Apostles stating that they baptise "in Jesus' name" - not a "trinity", which has no Biblical proof.
5. Finally, using the verse "the Father and I are one" as proof of the claim flies in the face of these verses that Jesus said.
...the Father SENT me John 12:49-50
...the Father is GREATER than I. John 14:28 & John 10:29
...I do ONLY the Father's Will. John 6:37-39
...I PRAY to the Father. Matthew 26:36-42, Mark 14:32-39 & John 17
...I say what the Father has said. John 12:49-50
...I learned / do as the Father has showed me. John 5:19 & John 8:28
...I give THANKS to the Father. Luke 10:21 & John 11:41
...I don't KNOW when I will return...ONLY the Father KNOWS. Matthew 24:36
...I tell you to ask the Father in MY name. John 14:13
...I go to sit at the Father's right hand. Matthew 26:64 Mark 16:19
...I ASCEND to the Father, MY GOD and YOUR GOD. John 20:17
...the Father has given me authority
. Matthew 28:18
...only the Father is good.
. Luke 18:19