Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,196 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,043,357
Pageviews Today: 1,402,115Threads Today: 359Posts Today: 5,552
11:27 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Another house burned down, Firefighters watched again..

JesseDart
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 1596989
United States
12/07/2011 03:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Another house burned down, Firefighters watched again..
The South Fulton Fire Department made national news last year after they refused to put out a house fire due to an unpaid fire subscription fee, and it appears that policy has not changed.

Homeowner Vicky Bell watched her home burn to the ground on Monday while firefighters stood behind her looking on, according to WPSD-TV.

While the city provides fire service free of charge to its residents, it requires an annual $75 fee for homeowners who live in unincorporated areas of Obion County -- which doesn't have its own fire department.

[link to www.firehouse.com]

This happened last year sometime and people whined then. The chief stood his ground. I hope he stands strong once again.

You don't buy car insurance after an accident do you? It sucks that the house burned down and they watched it, but she admitted she knew about the policy and chose to not pay.

Bad decision on her part, not the chief's.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 6686842
United Arab Emirates
12/07/2011 03:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Another house burned down, Firefighters watched again..
Fair enough. I'm assuming that had lives been at risk the men would have saved a person trapped inside but the homeowner chose not to pay for their fire fighting services knowing that they had stood by and watched a house burn the year before. The firemen did the right thing.
Judethz

User ID: 5159851
United Kingdom
12/07/2011 03:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
cowgal A better way would be to put a $1,000 lien on the property.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 6711407
United States
12/07/2011 12:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
The firemen were there. The payroll was already being met by the city/county. Apparently they're dispatched to these house fires primarily as a taunt to the homeowner and as a warning to others who can't or won't pay the 75 dollar fee. Wow. Message received, boys, and a Merry Christmas right back at you.

In my area, also a primarily Republican local government, ambulance rides, and fire and police services cost money, also; however, our county has the good graces to answer the emergency first, then bill ad hoc. The money gets hammered out later, without penalizing indigents and people with no insurance.
BRIEF

User ID: 381742
United States
12/07/2011 12:36 PM

Report Abusive Post
$75.00 sounds like a bargain now, don't it?

Sorta like putting on the rubber after you cum...
I never forgive and I never forget

I am a licensed firearm holder. I will, under protection of law, use lethal force if attacked.

Briefcut4892
MrOysterhead

User ID: 1546790
United States
12/07/2011 12:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
The firemen were there. The payroll was already being met by the city/county. Apparently they're dispatched to these house fires primarily as a taunt to the homeowner and as a warning to others who can't or won't pay the 75 dollar fee. Wow. Message received, boys, and a Merry Christmas right back at you.

In my area, also a primarily Republican local government, ambulance rides, and fire and police services cost money, also; however, our county has the good graces to answer the emergency first, then bill ad hoc. The money gets hammered out later, without penalizing indigents and people with no insurance.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 6711407

the firemen were there incase somebody was still inside.
There are two kinds of people who come to GLP: Those who want to know and those who want to know who wants to know.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1371780
United States
12/07/2011 12:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
Sometimes it is better to let a home burn to the ground. I know someone who had a fire ten years ago and the home still smells of smoke. And that is even after professionals clean it. IMO they did her a favor now she can move somewhere else where there are better people.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 3177816
United States
12/07/2011 12:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
This just seems so wrong ! I can't imagine why they couldn't have just put out the fire and then asked her to pay the yearly dues ? peace
BRIEF

United States
12/07/2011 12:43 PM

Report Abusive Post
This just seems so wrong ! I can't imagine why they couldn't have just put out the fire and then asked her to pay the yearly dues ? peace
 Quoting: Lala Land

Then nobody would pay, they'd expect the same special treatment...

Do you wait to have a wreck, total your car, and then go apply for insurance?

Last Edited by BRIEF on 12/07/2011 12:44 PM

I am a licensed firearm holder. I will, under protection of law, use lethal force if attacked.

Briefcut4892
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 6580030
United States
12/07/2011 12:54 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 6711407

the firemen were there incase somebody was still inside.
 Quoting: MrOysterhead

And to prevent the fire from spreading to the homes of people who had paid.
We have the same system in Fairbanks Alaska. It's not great, but otherwise
there would be no funds to support the volunteer fire departments which
protect us. And the cost is pretty minimal. The real problems arise when
homeowners THINK that they are in a covered fire response area, but actually
are not. It pays to do a little research in that regard !
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1548225
Thailand
12/07/2011 12:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
What's next, cops watch you get robbed and wont help you until you pay your $50.00 protection fee. This is way out of control.
MrOysterhead

United States
12/07/2011 01:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
What's next, cops watch you get robbed and wont help you until you pay your $50.00 protection fee. This is way out of control.
 Quoting: OdinWodin

no its not the same thing.

the fire department in question was not in their jursidiction. the $75 fee is for those who want services of that fire department but live outside its boundries
There are two kinds of people who come to GLP: Those who want to know and those who want to know who wants to know.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5667647
United States
12/07/2011 01:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
What happened to being human? They have the equipment and the training, but they stand there.
MrOysterhead

United States
12/07/2011 01:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
What happened to being human? They have the equipment and the training, but they stand there.
 Quoting: Turtle

if they put out the fire then no one would pay
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5667647
United States
12/07/2011 01:08 PM
Report Abusive Post

Yes, because everything is about money and not about human kindness.

I know it's the way of the world, but it sucks.

Yeah, I just watched the movie about Tesla and how we could all have free energy, except everyone is a greedy bastard.
BRIEF

United States
12/07/2011 01:12 PM

Report Abusive Post

Yeah, I just watched the movie about Tesla and how we could all have free energy, except everyone is a greedy bastard.

Greed is right, why didn't the people pay the $75.00 instead of buying beer and soda pop, or why didn't they offer a free fill up for one of the fire trucks a month ago...because they were too greedy...they needed to buy cigarettes and pizza for Friday night instead.

Briefcut4892
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 3177816
United States
12/07/2011 01:12 PM
Report Abusive Post

hfhf
Anonymous Coward
Thailand
12/07/2011 01:15 PM
Report Abusive Post

So you have capable men fully equipped and you see nothing wrong with watching someones house burning to the ground. Well hell, lets save money and not even have the firemen come out. Im sure the fire department can check on a computer to see who is paid up. No need to waste all that fuel is there.
MrOysterhead

United States
12/07/2011 01:16 PM
Report Abusive Post

the fault here is with the home owner. she was aware of the fee and decided not to pay it.

these firemen make a salary, fire trucks arent free either
MrOysterhead

United States
12/07/2011 01:16 PM
Report Abusive Post

So you have capable men fully equipped and you see nothing wrong with watching someones house burning to the ground. Well hell lets save money and not even have the firemen come out. Im sure the fire department can check on a computer to see who is paid up. No nned to waste all that fuel is there.

they went to keep the fire from spreading and to make sure no one was in danger.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 6596043
United States
12/07/2011 01:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
They must be so proud of themselves...you have to have principles, wouldn't want to set a precedent...Hope they can put out fires in hell.
Anonymous Coward
Thailand
12/07/2011 01:20 PM
Report Abusive Post

the fault here is with the home owner. she was aware of the fee and decided not to pay it.

I live in Los Angeles and I was ran over by a van and the fire department sent an ambulance right down the street from where I live. Then they sent me a $1000.00 bill for the 2 mile ride. So I ask you why do I pay taxes?
Amy_A

User ID: 1447484
United States
12/07/2011 01:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
They must be so proud of themselves...you have to have principles, wouldn't want to set a precedent...Hope they can put out fires in hell.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 6596043

hf
Amy
MrOysterhead

United States
12/07/2011 01:30 PM
Report Abusive Post

I live in Los Angeles and I was ran over by a van and the fire department sent an ambulance right down the street from where I live. Then they sent me a $1000.00 bill for the 2 mile ride. So I ask you why do I pay taxes?

ambulances are not a public service.
Anonymous Coward
Thailand
12/07/2011 01:37 PM
Report Abusive Post

It was sent from the firehouse. I believe you are either a kid or you a bubble shy of plumb.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4934514
United States
12/07/2011 01:38 PM
Report Abusive Post

clappa
Hitndahedfred

User ID: 826012
United States
12/07/2011 01:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
I would be jumping for joy.

She had homeowners insurance right?

I wonder how the insurance company would fare doing battle over who pays for the house that they watched burn?

Fukkit,,,

Let it burn,,, I collect and move somewhere I really want to live.

nowwhat
Each time a person stands for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he or she sends forth a tiny ripple of hope. And crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those ripples build a current that can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance. Few are willing to embrace the disapproval of their fellows, the censure of their colleagues, the wrath of their society. Moral courage is a rarer commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence. Yet it is the one essential vital quality for those who seek to change a world that yields most painfully to change. [Robert F. Kennedy]

[link to www.stricklychopped.com]

[link to www.ghi-engrs.com]
Anonymous Coward
Thailand
12/07/2011 01:46 PM
Report Abusive Post

I wonder how the insurance company would fare doing battle over who pays for the house that they watched burn?

Fukkit,,,

:nowwhat:
 Quoting: Hitndahedfred

When God closes a door he opens a window. LOL!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1360829
United States
12/07/2011 01:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
haven't read your posts but i am just down the road this is more than the first that the county let burn down

if u live in a trailer have no work and the nearest walmart is 45 miles away guess what its third world living for u in the usa

but googgle the police and u will find out they got millions last year
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1360829
United States
12/07/2011 01:52 PM
Report Abusive Post

Fukkit,,,

:nowwhat:
 Quoting: Hitndahedfred

When God closes a door he opens a window. LOL!!

u are the dumbest shit on earth just like iraq has bomb insurance
MrOysterhead

United States
12/07/2011 01:52 PM
Report Abusive Post

It was sent from the firehouse. I believe you are either a kid or you a bubble shy of plumb.

ok, i'll spell it out for you. the majority of the ambulances in my area are private service or volunteer/non-profit. both charge you for the ride. the private is more as it is an operating business the non-profit is cheaper because they are only recovering operating cost. clearly your case was linked to the fire department because the ambulance came from there (some police departments do too), but you failed to mention the origination of the ambulance at first thus leading me to believe that the ambulance came from one of the two first scenerios.

that being said, i dont know why the fire department would charge you for the ride since they hit you and they operate in the public sector. but...you could have refused the ride also though i wouldnt have in my injuries were severe enough.

I am no child. i turn 30 next week actually

Last Edited by MrOysterhead on 12/07/2011 01:53 PM

GLP