Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,128 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 2,112,854
Pageviews Today: 2,935,468Threads Today: 696Posts Today: 13,913
10:12 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

(Viewer discretion) Unbelievable Vid: 76 Year Old Crashes Car into Florida Supermarket…And Keeps Driving

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11540454
United States
04/19/2012 08:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: (Viewer discretion) Unbelievable Vid: 76 Year Old Crashes Car into Florida Supermarket…And Keeps Driving
bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 831183
United Kingdom
04/19/2012 09:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: (Viewer discretion) Unbelievable Vid: 76 Year Old Crashes Car into Florida Supermarket…And Keeps Driving
I recall seeing this reported in the local news. It was one of those new 'fly by wire' type cars that have been having problems with their electronics.

I have read reports of similar instances where young people say they are standing on the breaks and the car just keeps on going.
 Quoting: Bowyn Aerrow

wisdom above

its not just Toyota cars,its ford,BMW and asll the major players,the computer controls the speed,if you think about it the illuminati have a perfect way to murder people

Just hack in to the cars computer and hey presto you control a lethal weapon
DoubleHelix

User ID: 1507771
United States
04/19/2012 09:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
Was she looking for the country kitchen buffet?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 5165610

[link to www.youtube.com]

"I posit that the human being has the capability to utilize the ''real eyes'' to ''realize'' and see through the ''real lies'' ...The ''real eyes'' can only become operational when the heart and higher mind are in synchronized, which requires dual brain hemisphere synchronization."~Danial

My [email protected] 1111x1111=1234321<[NUMERICAL PYRAMID;]

“Injustice never rules forever.” - Seneca
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12498912
United States
04/19/2012 09:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
I hope she will retain her licence
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 14691084

So, next time it is vehicular homicide?

What an unintelligent statement
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
04/19/2012 09:15 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 12498912

the woman was innocent,its the cars computer speeding up the car,i would bet my life on it,i have spoken to people this has happened to,keeps your ears open because you will hear more and more stories like this
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/19/2012 09:21 AM
Report Abusive Post

the woman was innocent,its the cars computer speeding up the car,i would bet my life on it,i have spoken to people this has happened to,keeps your ears open because you will hear more and more stories like this
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 831183

Lets hope

I had a neighbor family at one time who had an father in his 70s.

He had to be put in a long term care facility due to his injuries. He was the cause of a major vehicle accident that killed 2 people.

He hit them head on because he had too many medications in his system at the time and did not see the stop sign...

went through it and hit a car head on killing the mother and daughter instantly.

He had many court appearances after he was released from the long term facility....

I never found out if he did jail time or not

the family moved....

This is not an isolated case but happens all the time here

due to medication mis- management , poor eyesight...

medication mixed with alcohol....

this is becoming a real problem here in the US and no one wants to address it
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
04/19/2012 09:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
Lets hope

He had to be put in a long term care facility due to his injuries. He was the cause of a major vehicle accident that killed 2 people.

He hit them head on because he had too many medications in his system at the time and did not see the stop sign...

went through it and hit a car head on killing the mother and daughter instantly.

He had many court appearances after he was released from the long term facility....

the family moved....

you are missing the point,modern cars are controlled by a computer,the Toyota camry has been recalled for cars going crazy and killing people

btw

as for your neighbour of course stuff like that happens,old people are senile and braindead at younger ages these days,i would say most people are 30% senile at 55 thanks to flu jabs and other modern poisons that doctors peddle
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/19/2012 09:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
Lets hope

the family moved....

you are missing the point,modern cars are controlled by a computer,the Toyota camry has been recalled for cars going crazy and killing people

btw

as for your neighbour of course stuff like that happens,old people are senile and braindead at younger ages these days,i would say most people are 30% senile at 55 thanks to flu jabs and other modern poisons that doctors peddle

I realize a lot of accidents happen due to car malfunction Yes

But I also know many happen due to the elderly needing their licenses taken away in many cases

My mother in law is 94. She is in good health physically, but poor eyesight and poor coordination skills
make her very dangerous on the road.

She has been in 2 accidents so far....not involving another car, luckily and she lives in a small town...

the "little old lady who drives to the grocery store" type of thing.

But get her out on a highway, and she is a dangerous person.
Her daughter makes certain she NEVER drives on the highway.

THe doctor does not have the "heart" to try and take her license away.

Well, which is it ..is her freedom more important than someone's life?>>>

I don't get involved because my feelings about it would be very "unpopular" with the family and it is my mother IN LAW

WEll, I can tell you for certain this issue is happening all throughout america

with the elderly

you are missing the point I think
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
04/19/2012 09:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
But I also know many happen due to the elderly needing their licenses taken away in many cases

My mother in law is 94. She is in good health physically, but poor eyesight and poor coordination skills

She has been in 2 accidents so far....not involving another car, luckily and she lives in a small town...

I don't get involved because my feelings about it would be very "unpopular" with the family and it is my mother IN LAW

with the elderly

you have made no comment about the Toyota camrys history of going crazy and killing people ?

Toyota blamed it on floor mats lol

btw

i never missed your point.... i did comment on old people being a danger on the roads,the proof is in the pudding son!
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/19/2012 09:41 AM
Report Abusive Post

with the elderly

you have made no comment about the Toyota camrys history of going crazy and killing people ?

Toyota blamed it on floor mats lol

btw

i never missed your point.... i did comment on old people being a danger on the roads,the proof is in the pudding son!

These Toyota's should be banned it they are this dangerous

those people could have been killed and if you notice there was an infant in the mix.

Why hasn't anyone with car safety banned these cars ??
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9757217
United States
04/19/2012 09:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
I recall seeing this reported in the local news. It was one of those new 'fly by wire' type cars that have been having problems with their electronics.

I have read reports of similar instances where young people say they are standing on the breaks and the car just keeps on going.

impossible be standing on breaks and car keeps going -

brakes are much more powerful than engine - stepping hard on brakes always stops car from accelerating
BRIEF

User ID: 381742
United States
04/19/2012 09:50 AM

Report Abusive Post
76 year old lady drove her 2004 Toyota Camry through the exit door of the Palm Coast Publix at 1:24 p.m. Saturday, April 14, 2012. The car's impact has been described as an explosion, hurtling glass, carts, metal, an infant and other people who only moments earlier had been buying groceries or picking out flowers.

Quoting: bbqbob123

Strike X reset pins...

Well, sometimes there's just no parking spots open.

The sign said drive-thru Pharmacy.
I never forgive and I never forget

I am a licensed firearm holder. I will, under protection of law, use lethal force if attacked.

Briefcut4892
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9757217
United States
04/19/2012 09:51 AM
Report Abusive Post

[link to www.caranddriver.com]

From Car and Driver Magazine - Brakes are more Powerful than the Engine

"Hit the Brakes

Certainly the most natural reaction to a stuck-throttle emergency is to stomp on the brake pedal, possibly with both feet. And despite dramatic horsepower increases since C/D’s 1987 unintended-acceleration test of an Audi 5000, brakes by and large can still overpower and rein in an engine roaring under full throttle. With the Camry’s throttle pinned while going 70 mph, the brakes easily overcame all 268 horsepower straining against them and stopped the car in 190 feet—that’s a foot shorter than the performance of a Ford Taurus without any gas-pedal problems and just 16 feet longer than with the Camry’s throttle closed"

The drivers who accelerate are all hitting accellerator instead of Brakes!!!
Talus

User ID: 14664923
United States
04/19/2012 10:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
These Toyota's should be banned it they are this dangerous

those people could have been killed and if you notice there was an infant in the mix.

Why hasn't anyone with car safety banned these cars ??

Why? Because it is Toyota we are talking about.

And, honestly, not all old people are a danger behind the wheel. My grandfather drove his truck until he was diagnosed with cancer at 75. My wifes grandfather drove until he was 76 with no problem. His (my wife's grandfather) girlfriend is in her late 70's and is probably a better driver than me. I live in a smaller rural community with a large over 60 population and I see older drivers all over the place.

For instance, the road I live on connects my town with another small town and is used as a shortcut by many people. It is your typical, non divided, no center line country road. The people I see on traveling on this road that are driving in the most unsafe manner are the younger people (apparent ages 17 to mid to late 30's). Since part of the road in front of my house has a down hill grade leading to a semi-blind curve, and is narrow to boot, traveling at a high speed isn't a good idea. Yet I see people my age and younger fly around that corner doing 50+ hitting the apex like a formula one driver. I have yet, in the half a year I have been here, seen an old person driving recklessly on this road.

I am not saying that there are not unsafe older drivers. But to paint ALL older drivers as roaming death traps is akin to saying all blacks are thugs or all Asians know kung fu.

And before you reply, I am 38, not over 65.
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born? - Yeats, 1919
BRIEF

United States
04/19/2012 10:24 AM

Report Abusive Post
What a drag it is getting old...

I am a licensed firearm holder. I will, under protection of law, use lethal force if attacked.

Briefcut4892
Talus

User ID: 14664923
United States
04/19/2012 10:26 AM
Report Abusive Post

impossible be standing on breaks and car keeps going -

brakes are much more powerful than engine - stepping hard on brakes always stops car from accelerating
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 9757217

[link to www.caranddriver.com]

From Car and Driver Magazine - Brakes are more Powerful than the Engine

"Hit the Brakes

Certainly the most natural reaction to a stuck-throttle emergency is to stomp on the brake pedal, possibly with both feet. And despite dramatic horsepower increases since C/D’s 1987 unintended-acceleration test of an Audi 5000, brakes by and large can still overpower and rein in an engine roaring under full throttle. With the Camry’s throttle pinned while going 70 mph, the brakes easily overcame all 268 horsepower straining against them and stopped the car in 190 feet—that’s a foot shorter than the performance of a Ford Taurus without any gas-pedal problems and just 16 feet longer than with the Camry’s throttle closed"

The drivers who accelerate are all hitting accellerator instead of Brakes!!!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 9757217

Yeah, for an average person. If the car is operating as it should be, when you let off the gas and apply the brakes, you are not fighting against the motor. If the accelerator is pinned, would an older person, who under normal operations would be able to safely control the car, have the strength to brake against 200+ hp? Maybe yes and maybe no. Depends on the person. Should an equipment malfunction be held against a person?

I was involved in an accident in a 2011 Camry (rental) last year. I was traveling on I64 at night at 75mph. A dog somehow got on the interstate and I did not see it in time to avoid it. I hit it doing about 65 mph. For some reason the air bags did not deploy and I was able to drive the car to the next exit. At the bottom of the exit ramp, the accel peddle stuck and I did have to ride the brake. I was able to stop the car, but it was far from easy. I ended up dropping the car into neutral and shutting it off. After that I had no more problems getting it to the gas station. I have no problem what so ever understanding how an older person would have trouble in that situation.
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born? - Yeats, 1919
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11540454
United States
04/19/2012 11:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
I've seen this several times on our local news, people crashing into store fronts, wonder what the heck is going on.
thatguythere

User ID: 1727063
Canada
04/19/2012 11:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
im just waiting for those fuckers to die off,but the problem is there come new ones in their place,coz florida is gods waiting room.Wtf are they still doing driving at that age.In europe after u turn 60 u have to do a test to prolong it to 65 after 65 its bye bye licence.No more driving for u.But not here,here we have zombies driving untill they fucking die in their cars or kill someone else.Change the fucking law now! but they cant coz old people rule florida basicly.SO i'l have to wait another fucking 20 years for all these fucks to die
 Quoting: nocty

lol nobody listen to this guy, you can drive for as long as you are able to drive in Europe
thatguythere
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8264381
United States
04/19/2012 11:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'm not watching this.
BRIEF

United States
04/19/2012 11:37 AM

Report Abusive Post
I've seen this several times on our local news, people crashing into store fronts, wonder what the heck is going on.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 11540454

Texting while driving ;)

Briefcut4892
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1526444
United States
04/19/2012 01:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
Amazingly no one died. Wow.
 Quoting: Muggl3z

Very thankful for that. Cherish your life as it is a gift.
dragunov_1977

User ID: 6409759
United States
04/19/2012 01:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
HOLY SH** ! gasp
Im just a latrine in a judaic controlled society. As a result, the MSM can get away with taking a leak on me.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 3965385
United States
04/19/2012 01:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
im just waiting for those fuckers to die off,but the problem is there come new ones in their place,coz florida is gods waiting room.Wtf are they still doing driving at that age.In europe after u turn 60 u have to do a test to prolong it to 65 after 65 its bye bye licence.No more driving for u.But not here,here we have zombies driving untill they fucking die in their cars or kill someone else.Change the fucking law now! but they cant coz old people rule florida basicly.SO i'l have to wait another fucking 20 years for all these fucks to die

lol nobody listen to this guy, you can drive for as long as you are able to drive in Europe
 Quoting: thatguythere

it used to be in the former Yugoslavia at least,after 65 thats it. Now in most countries after u turn 70 there is a mandatory test required
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10372663
United States
04/19/2012 01:58 PM
Report Abusive Post

Younger need to rise up and demand license renewal every 2 years after the age of 65.

Medication, diabetes> poor eye sight

make these people unsafe to drive; if they don't pass a mental and eye test; bye bye license

and if we don't demand these laws changed, nothing is going to happen

because the elderly voice is strong due to numbers

This idiot could have killed someone; luckily not in this case

but many others doe not end so well

And at the same time make the minimum driving age 25 and any infractions of drugs or alcohol a denial of license for life.

Idiot kids kill people too!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 3309354
United States
04/19/2012 02:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
Pause it at .34. How could it not have killed everyone on that bench?
 Quoting: Fire & Ice

One word "JESUS"
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10372663
United States
04/19/2012 02:21 PM
Report Abusive Post

Lets hope

the family moved....

YEA like it doesn't happen with young people as well!

Got any statistics on age versus the number of accidents I'd be willing to bet the under the age of 25 have many many more accidents than those over 65
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14576253
United Kingdom
04/19/2012 02:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
Pause it at .34. How could it not have killed everyone on that bench?
 Quoting: Fire & Ice

One word "steering"
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 3309354
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 1542865
United States
04/22/2012 12:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
Was she looking for the country kitchen buffet?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 5165610

[link to www.youtube.com]

Quoting: DoubleHelix

they could do it not doubt about it.

GLP