the entire system has screeched to a halt

slightly eerie
User ID: 623626
United States
02/26/2009 05:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
the entire system has screeched to a halt
Worldwide, industrial production has ground to a halt. Goods are stacking up, but nobody's buying; the Washington Post reports that "the world is suddenly awash in almost everything: flat-panel televisions, bulldozers, Barbie dolls, strip malls, Burberry stores."
A Hong Kong-based shipping broker told The Telegraph that his firm had "seen trade activity fall off a cliff. Asia-Europe is an unmit­igated disaster." The Economist noted that one can now ship a container from China to Europe for free -- you only need to pick up the fuel and handling costs -- but half-empty freighters are the norm along the world's busiest shipping routes.

[link to www.alternet.org]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 619418
United States
02/26/2009 05:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: the entire system has screeched to a halt
that's because they switched to a base two economic system and it DOES NOT WORK
Anonymous Coward
United States
02/26/2009 05:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
just do a switch back to base 10 economics
and things will start to change quickly
Anonymous Coward
United States
02/26/2009 05:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
Roman style economics = base two exponential growth of twos
Arabic style economics = base 10 exponential growth of tens

now, which grows faster?
doubling the profits
or increasing them by ten?

it makes sense to stick with the arabic system
Anonymous Coward
United States
02/26/2009 06:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
i hope someone is paying attention :)
Lucian Ilea

User ID: 623696
Romania
02/26/2009 06:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 619418

indeed,it is
thanks
In Arvena Neo et in Arcadia Ego
I am an Atlantean living in Atlantis when it flew again :)
ZAL Moxe
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 210370
United States
02/26/2009 06:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 619418

Yes it has screeched to a halt....I'm in the foreclosure business....loan modification....it now makes no real sense to modify a loan...these new terms will also go into default...loans we modified 6 months ago are back in default..When you think about it there is no hope of the economy recovering...not one glimmer of hope...Even though I've known about the plan to crush the world economy for many years I still get a sick feeling inside as I watch the situation worsen by the minute. I'm as prepared as I can be..financially...but not emotionally...I know rioting and protesting won't work and all is lost...I just know it better than most...I'm trying to find a way to embrace the collapse but is isn't coming easy...Most will never know the truth about the planned collapse...and they will live in agony trying to cope with it...At least I know the plan....I have racked my brain trying to adapt to the death of the matrix..I will try ever harder to "live in the moment" and not allow myself to get sucked down into the pool of despair....it's just so sad watching the people of the earth suffer and twitch as their world comes to an end.....I know that it is over for the old system...Sometimes I wish it would just be over quickly.....but I know it will linger over us like the grim reaper....Yes, I'm paying attention...but I don't like it! A toast to all the GLP'ers ...bottoms javascript:void(0) up!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 620559
United States
02/26/2009 06:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
i know a truth about the planned collapse. i knew in 1999 it would happen. i guess i am what would be called a mystic, and not into money at all, but i knew. i've watched it since then move implacably to this. it is called the black horse in my world, and it was made by the same one who made the other 3 seals in that category. it was a sure thing it would go all the way to the bottom and then drop out. never a doubt. you are right, there can be no recovery. the usa in particular is toast now.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 210370
United States
02/26/2009 07:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
i know a truth about the planned collapse. i knew in 1999 it would happen. i guess i am what would be called a mystic, and not into money at all, but i knew. i've watched it since then move implacably to this. it is called the black horse in my world, and it was made by the same one who made the other 3 seals in that category. it was a sure thing it would go all the way to the bottom and then drop out. never a doubt. you are right, there can be no recovery. the usa in particular is toast now.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 620559

There is some comfort just knowing that others can see what we see....we are all brothers in truth and we are not fooled by the horse and pony show now playing on the tube....

GLP