Really need help about lucid dreams/OBE

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22017535
United States
08/17/2012 02:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Really need help about lucid dreams/OBE
I am hoping to speak to someone that really knows about these subjects. I had a few strange events and don't know if it was because I was reading up on these things and my mind is playing tricks on me, but I really don't think that is it. It was all too real, but wondering if I set off something . I asked a few friends if they ever had something like I did happen to them and they think I am loony and I'm not. Im not spiritual but somethings going on and I need to figure it out.
If you think you could help me out, I would really appreciate it _thanks
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22036071
Mexico
08/17/2012 02:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Really need help about lucid dreams/OBE
have you been using plants?, i really believe thats the only true way to lucid dream or have an OBE, meditation or other methods simply fall short, is like wanting to cross the river jumping when you have a bridge, i really hope evolution make us free of using psichedelic plants to break free cos fuking law makes everything illegal, making their own rules and draging us into their insanity.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2327773
United States
08/17/2012 02:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
get a book by Albert Taylor called Soul Traveler
Kael

User ID: 1451069
Syria
08/17/2012 02:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
I am hoping to speak to someone that really knows about these subjects. I had a few strange events and don't know if it was because I was reading up on these things and my mind is playing tricks on me, but I really don't think that is it. It was all too real, but wondering if I set off something . I asked a few friends if they ever had something like I did happen to them and they think I am loony and I'm not. Im not spiritual but somethings going on and I need to figure it out.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 22017535

Sure here you go mate :)

Go to this guy's channel he's got lots of videos on this.

Also this guy:
[link to www.youtube.com]

Also search on cool sites like in5.com for more info :D
"Thou we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven that which we are, we are.
One equal temper of heroic hearts made weak by time and fate but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find and not to yield"
Kael

User ID: 1451069
Syria
08/17/2012 02:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
Also if you create a dream journal it helps alot :)
"Thou we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven that which we are, we are.
One equal temper of heroic hearts made weak by time and fate but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find and not to yield"
MutantMessiah

User ID: 20085233
United States
08/17/2012 02:58 PM
Report Abusive Post

Yep, mind expanding on your experience? Hard to provide advice without context.
Consider the possibility that you order yourself into being from chaos... You do this, always, in all ways. This "ordering" has resulted in the possibilities you're experiencing, here, now. In each experience you've ever had, more and more of "this" reality is generated logically from your previous experience. Your observation of this unfolding of order and chaos is reality.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1128116
Canada
08/17/2012 03:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
get yourself some moldovite
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
08/17/2012 03:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
When you asked if I used plants, sorry, but do you mean pot? No, I don't use any drugs. If I did I would blamed that and I also wasn't trying to have an experience and was petrified and fought it when it happened. It started a few months before and I was falling asleep, still awke but falling off. All of a sudden I got this weird feeling like my spirit or soul was leaving my body. I feel strange even saying my soul, I thats what I felt like. I started to panic and was up but paralysed that I couldn't open my eyes or move. I thought I was dying. I felt like I was in a closed box and my body was my "spirit" and I was fighting to get out screaming for help but I couldn't open it and after a few seconds finally was able break free. I knew I was mentally up but I my body was locked. I stayed up a little, thinking "What the hell was that?" Shook it off and calmed down and tried to go back to sleep.and was waitng to see if it would happen again, it did. I was really freaked out, decided to stay up, I ate and drank something, took a shower ( it was 3 am). I went to the living room watched a romantic comedy and finally was able to fall asleep and didn't have that feeling as i dozed off. A few days later and every few nights after that 1st night for a month or two, I would awake at night and was paralyzed, I would wake up but could not move. I could see everything in the room, what was on the t.v. to my husband laying right next to me, but for some strange reason I know I couldn't even get my eye lids to open, but could see. I was looking at him screaming in my head to get up and shake me up. After a minute or two of going nuts (in my head) I felt like I broke free and was able to move.THEN one night, the worst thing that happened was while I was sleeping, I ( for some reason) woke up and my "spirit" was floating out of me. I was awake in my head and was fighting and screaming, "No No, help" and finally i felt I was coming down but not back by my body on the bed, I was slowly lowered to the floor, by my dresser but while as I was I remember moving my head so I wouldn't bang it on the dresser but it went right through it as Imet the floor ( I was facing my bed) I saw my body sleeping for a fraction of a second and then I was back and up and not like I just woke up.I haven't had anything else happen since that night. I'm sorry for writing so much, but I just want to explain it and know if it happened to anyone else. I am not crazy. lol
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
08/17/2012 03:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
I just also wanted to say that I have had lucid dreams a few times in my life, not many and I am 40 now. but I did have a few in a week right before this started. I would like to also ask if anyone is into dream analysis. I also have a question about that and wondering if they could be connected.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
08/17/2012 03:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
have you been using plants?, i really believe thats the only true way to lucid dream or have an OBE, meditation or other methods simply fall short, is like wanting to cross the river jumping when you have a bridge, i really hope evolution make us free of using psichedelic plants to break free cos fuking law makes everything illegal, making their own rules and draging us into their insanity.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 22036071

If I wasn't so afraid, I would love to try it once. Can you control your visions or you just along for the ride, so to speak?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22130078
United States
08/17/2012 04:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
They're accessways to other dimensions unable to be reached while in the body...you're not crazy, you're waking up to your full spiritual potential. hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 6677658
United States
08/17/2012 04:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
You're describing classic separation experiences. Not sure what you need to know, but if you want to improve your ability to explore the etheric/astral realms I recommend meditation and energy work. Also the 'wake back to bed' method is ideal to slip into pre-OBE sleep paralysis with relative ease.
MutantMessiah

User ID: 20085233
United States
08/17/2012 04:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
Bottom line, OP, go with it. You have nothing to fear. All dreams play out based on expectation and if you "fear" you are expecting the undesirable. You cannot be harmed in a lucid dream state and you are incapable of not returning eventually. Approach your (very awesome) talent qith enthusiasm and everything will change. It takes most people months and sometimes years to get where you are. Feahfr not and enjoy.
Consider the possibility that you order yourself into being from chaos... You do this, always, in all ways. This "ordering" has resulted in the possibilities you're experiencing, here, now. In each experience you've ever had, more and more of "this" reality is generated logically from your previous experience. Your observation of this unfolding of order and chaos is reality.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10638885
Canada
08/17/2012 04:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
get yourself some moldovite
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1128116

Yes Moldavite! My life has dramatically changed since wearing this stone aswell!
INCREDIBLE! most powerful thing I've ever encounterd.
And also, Plants don't have to be psychadelic or even drugs for them to give you experiences. There are so many plants and different parts of plants, and also stones and crystals which can do so many different things. Placing them under your pillow, carrying them, making elixirs, rubbing them. just google magic herb/plant correspondences, also, I've read when the full moon is in certain house or sign it can help you achieve oobe. I think that happened to me accidently point your head in the direction on where the moon is/heading an it can help pull you I believe.

But I've had some real powerful experiences with moldavite thats for sure. as well as many other stones, I'e got over 150 stones I think. but look up herbs, plants, flowers, crystals. You'll find info. apparantly each and all corresponds to different planets, elements, numbers, signs, etc.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22141550
United States
08/18/2012 10:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks everyone for your help!
WretchedHollywood

User ID: 3324945
United States
08/18/2012 10:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
When you asked if I used plants, sorry, but do you mean pot? No, I don't use any drugs. If I did I would blamed that and I also wasn't trying to have an experience and was petrified and fought it when it happened. It started a few months before and I was falling asleep, still awke but falling off. All of a sudden I got this weird feeling like my spirit or soul was leaving my body. I feel strange even saying my soul, I thats what I felt like. I started to panic and was up but paralysed that I couldn't open my eyes or move. I thought I was dying. I felt like I was in a closed box and my body was my "spirit" and I was fighting to get out screaming for help but I couldn't open it and after a few seconds finally was able break free. I knew I was mentally up but I my body was locked. I stayed up a little, thinking "What the hell was that?" Shook it off and calmed down and tried to go back to sleep.and was waitng to see if it would happen again, it did. I was really freaked out, decided to stay up, I ate and drank something, took a shower ( it was 3 am). I went to the living room watched a romantic comedy and finally was able to fall asleep and didn't have that feeling as i dozed off. A few days later and every few nights after that 1st night for a month or two, I would awake at night and was paralyzed, I would wake up but could not move. I could see everything in the room, what was on the t.v. to my husband laying right next to me, but for some strange reason I know I couldn't even get my eye lids to open, but could see. I was looking at him screaming in my head to get up and shake me up. After a minute or two of going nuts (in my head) I felt like I broke free and was able to move.THEN one night, the worst thing that happened was while I was sleeping, I ( for some reason) woke up and my "spirit" was floating out of me. I was awake in my head and was fighting and screaming, "No No, help" and finally i felt I was coming down but not back by my body on the bed, I was slowly lowered to the floor, by my dresser but while as I was I remember moving my head so I wouldn't bang it on the dresser but it went right through it as Imet the floor ( I was facing my bed) I saw my body sleeping for a fraction of a second and then I was back and up and not like I just woke up.I haven't had anything else happen since that night. I'm sorry for writing so much, but I just want to explain it and know if it happened to anyone else. I am not crazy. lol

yep, sure has.
you are having spontaneous OBEs, some people try for years and cant do it.
what happened to you is how it started with me...read everything you can about the subject and it will become clearer.

Robert Monroe is good.
"doesn't it make you feel better?"
WhiteLight

User ID: 19401718
United States
08/22/2012 03:04 AM
Report Abusive Post

yep, sure has.
you are having spontaneous OBEs, some people try for years and cant do it.
what happened to you is how it started with me...read everything you can about the subject and it will become clearer.

Robert Monroe is good.
 Quoting: WretchedHollywood

Robert Monroe is the Guru of OBE and wrote several books about his lengthy research of the Phenomena of OBE. I highly agree..DO NOT I repeat DO NOT go it alone.. get a good guide or someone with experience and hold on to your hat..it can be fun but can also get you in a she**t load of trouble..mark my words you WANT to control it..not just let it come and go and control you.
I am a Child of God
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22396858
Thailand
08/22/2012 03:18 AM
Report Abusive Post

Hi, there is quite a bit of information out there on this obe phenomena. David Wilcock (divinecosmos.com) had this happen and he bumped or slammed into the ceiling and saw his body laying in the bed directly below him. This was the first time this happened. I don't agree with him on his religious views.

I will try to post more later..

I will try dream analysis, for you..if you want to post a dream or more than one of your dreams for me to analyse. I'm not on everyday, but willcheck back often..
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19156945
Canada
08/22/2012 03:23 AM
Report Abusive Post
putin
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22211055
United States
08/22/2012 03:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
There is no shortage of sucker traps in astral/etheric regions.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22341311
Germany
08/22/2012 03:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
read this: [link to www.dreamviews.com]
Anonymous Coward
Thailand
08/22/2012 03:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 22211055

I hope that you will not panic. if this happens to you again, try to calm yourself. when you are like this try to keep calm, bring yourself to realizing that you are asleep and you are dreaming. the most important thing, give yourself some time. something that worked for me, is that if you have trouble with heart rate, take a blood pressure pill (small gram dosage) before you go to bed, just drink some water. consult a physician.
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/22/2012 03:49 AM
Report Abusive Post

I hope that you will not panic. if this happens to you again, try to calm yourself. when you are like this try to keep calm, bring yourself to realizing that you are asleep and you are dreaming. the most important thing, give yourself some time. something that worked for me, is that if you have trouble with heart rate, take a blood pressure pill (small gram dosage) before you go to bed, just drink some water. consult a physician.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 22396858

Any magician worth his salt who has broken through the B.S. and arrived at the reality of Jesus Christ will attest.

Once again:

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22341311
Germany
08/22/2012 04:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
Anonymous Coward
Thailand
08/22/2012 04:25 AM
Report Abusive Post

Any (??)'magician'(??) worth his salt who has broken through the B.S. and arrived at the reality of Jesus Christ will attest.

Once again:

this is just fear mongering. why are you trying to scare her? christ would have nothing to do with your trying to scare and cause fear in someone.

don't go to Wilcock for religious guidance, but this AC's comment above shows that that he is just all about the christians guilt trip which is a load of bull. don't listen to the AC above. ignore him.

[link to divinecosmos.com]

DIRECT EXPOSURE TO 'HIGHER PLANES' IN OUT-OF-BODY EXPERIENCE

One of the author‘s most fascinating observations early along came when he tried to fly away from the Earth and go into “outer space ” while in an out-of-body experience. From this, he eventually realized that the Earth had an onion-like structure of spherical “planes ” surrounding itself.

(This is considered common knowledge to initiates of the Mysteries, and has been prominently confirmed by the out-of-body research conducted by Robert Monroe.)

After a certain distance of traveling upwards from the Earth in an out-of-body state, Wilcock would pop through a “layer ” of energy and a new surface would appear beneath him. In the first few cases the new layers also appeared to be inhabited by common human civilization in some form, and were apparently realms of the afterlife.

The higher he went, the less that these areas looked like conventional Earth civilization. He soon arrived in a highly picturesque and sacred place of mostly undisturbed green forest and meadows, complete with giant standing stones in geometric arrangements and charged with a sense of love and intelligence far superior to the current state of humanity.

The people of this mystical place were literally glowing with radiant energy and wore headbands, robes and sandals on their feet, and everyone smiled happily and greeted each other - including this new traveler - as they passed.

Punching through an even higher level, he suddenly found himself literally standing inside of what appeared to be an extraterrestrial spacecraft. The room was gigantic and quiet as a library, with 30-foot high ceilings and glistening black marble floors and walls that had a tinge of blueness that seemed to give off light.

A sphere was floating over a cubical platform in the center of the room, probably more of a symbol than anything else, and lining the rectangularly-spaced walls were giant open cubicles. Each cubicle was about six feet wide, with a human-appearing uniformed person in a chair seated before a flat, desk-like surface and a gigantic hi-resolution screen that was easily five feet high.

The screens could bring up images of planetary systems, routes of travel, navigation systems, energetic diagrams, different lifeforms in all levels of anatomy, et cetera in brilliant, full color, three-dimensional detail.

On several different occasions, your author was seated at one of the cubicles and instructed on how to use a new form of control device for manipulating the images on the screen. It simply consisted of a three-inch wide circular hole that had bright, smooth light coming up from itself to a visible height of perhaps four inches.

By holding the four fingers together over this light, palm down, and tilting and moving the hand in a number of different patterns, a variety of tasks could be performed on-screen. Spreading the fingers apart was the one thing that the machine couldn‘t handle, and certain video game-type activities were used to train the student not to make that mistake once it really mattered, such as in navigation.
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/22/2012 04:37 AM
Report Abusive Post

Any (??)'magician'(??) worth his salt who has broken through the B.S. and arrived at the reality of Jesus Christ will attest.

Once again:

this is just fear mongering. why are you trying to scare her? christ would have nothing to do with your trying to scare and cause fear in someone.

don't go to Wilcock for religious guidance, but this AC's comment above shows that that he is just all about the christians guilt trip which is a load of bull. don't listen to the AC above. ignore him.

[link to divinecosmos.com]

DIRECT EXPOSURE TO 'HIGHER PLANES' IN OUT-OF-BODY EXPERIENCE

One of the author‘s most fascinating observations early along came when he tried to fly away from the Earth and go into “outer space ” while in an out-of-body experience. From this, he eventually realized that the Earth had an onion-like structure of spherical “planes ” surrounding itself.

(This is considered common knowledge to initiates of the Mysteries, and has been prominently confirmed by the out-of-body research conducted by Robert Monroe.)

After a certain distance of traveling upwards from the Earth in an out-of-body state, Wilcock would pop through a “layer ” of energy and a new surface would appear beneath him. In the first few cases the new layers also appeared to be inhabited by common human civilization in some form, and were apparently realms of the afterlife.

The higher he went, the less that these areas looked like conventional Earth civilization. He soon arrived in a highly picturesque and sacred place of mostly undisturbed green forest and meadows, complete with giant standing stones in geometric arrangements and charged with a sense of love and intelligence far superior to the current state of humanity.

The people of this mystical place were literally glowing with radiant energy and wore headbands, robes and sandals on their feet, and everyone smiled happily and greeted each other - including this new traveler - as they passed.

Punching through an even higher level, he suddenly found himself literally standing inside of what appeared to be an extraterrestrial spacecraft. The room was gigantic and quiet as a library, with 30-foot high ceilings and glistening black marble floors and walls that had a tinge of blueness that seemed to give off light.

A sphere was floating over a cubical platform in the center of the room, probably more of a symbol than anything else, and lining the rectangularly-spaced walls were giant open cubicles. Each cubicle was about six feet wide, with a human-appearing uniformed person in a chair seated before a flat, desk-like surface and a gigantic hi-resolution screen that was easily five feet high.

The screens could bring up images of planetary systems, routes of travel, navigation systems, energetic diagrams, different lifeforms in all levels of anatomy, et cetera in brilliant, full color, three-dimensional detail.

On several different occasions, your author was seated at one of the cubicles and instructed on how to use a new form of control device for manipulating the images on the screen. It simply consisted of a three-inch wide circular hole that had bright, smooth light coming up from itself to a visible height of perhaps four inches.

By holding the four fingers together over this light, palm down, and tilting and moving the hand in a number of different patterns, a variety of tasks could be performed on-screen. Spreading the fingers apart was the one thing that the machine couldn‘t handle, and certain video game-type activities were used to train the student not to make that mistake once it really mattered, such as in navigation.

You've Been Deceived.

And you're spreading it.

Period.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1577081
Brazil
08/22/2012 04:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
God, OP described exactly what happens to me in rich details! I've already noticed that the experience happens when I'm very tired and I'm aware when it occures, but I can't get out of my body; I feel like closed inside it and this feeling scares me sometimes. It takes enormous effort to reconect and move even the eyelids, but after the whole thing I feel different, like reality gets more intense and I feel quite small and start thinking in the greatness of universe or sort of. And I somehow feel sad like our existence in this world was condemned in a way, I don't know.
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/22/2012 05:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
Here's the deal.

OBE can be a whole lot of fun.

Going further and further, things really open up.

Sooner or later an offer is made.

To cut the ties to earth and, "stay," there, in this beautiful realm that one has apprehended.

I'll use allegory.

At the bottom of the deepest oceans, in the inky depths, are some beautiful light shows.

To lure prey.

All is not as it seems.

Once an awareness of what is going on dawns, then its lower-rent districts that become more and more prevalent, apparent.

I'm very experienced in a variety of disciplines, techniques.

I've switched across myriads of channels, frequencies.

This includes many variations and levels, from OBE to, "rolling," out of the body in a lesser experience, to, "awakening while sleeping," in other realms.

And even other areas/things I'm not going to detail.

I'm telling you straight.

All is not as it seems.

You have to be careful.

Hence, the statement:

Sucker traps abound in the astral/etheric.

Once you get hip you'll find out about all the shape shifting that goes on.

And the illusions.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20867433
United States
08/22/2012 05:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'm one of those people that were inspired by childhood 'lucid' dreams and spent years in meditation trying to enhance it.

First of all don't let the psycho church idiots frighten you with their cult garbage. They don't know anything. They just regurgitate crap they hear from their small town hack pastors. However you should pray and make sure that your intentions and purpose is clean and well adjusted before you proceed.

The easiest way to acheive conscious dreams is to use the hypnogogic state. Books by Monroe and the lime are good so that you know what to expect. But their methods fail to get you over the primary hurdle of training your mind on how to REMEMBER how to get home, which is out of body.

Research the hypnogogic state so you thoroughly understand what it is. Also pick up a book called The Gates Of Dreaming by Carlos Castanada.

The most important thing you can do, like the poster above said, is to start a disciplined dream journal. This step is imperative. Anyone who claims to
Be an astral travelor and does not keep a detailed dream journal is lying to you. When you open this doorway you will essentially be living two lives. Your so called waking reality will become secondary to your conscious dream world. The journal will keep the two separated which is necessary to maintain balance. Balance is crucial to developing this part of your reality. Otherwise it will consume your waking life and you may lose touch with this world which would be counter productive. Keep balance. The dream journal provides the map for this balance. It is your GPS in an infinite world where it is easy to get lost.

An initial dose of magic mushrooms will help facilitate your progress. You only need to do them once to teach your mind how to make the leap. But they aren't necessary.

Start the journal. Be disciplined writing in it every morning. Set your alarm early to do this. The journal will trigger more dreams. You will quickly fill volumes. Date the entries.

When your journal is in full swing and you are remembering 2 to 7 dreams a night, start focusing on the hypnogogic state. The exact moment when you fall asleep. Maintain conscious awareness through that gateway and you will slip into the dreamworld totally conscious and aware without even realizing it.

From there you are on your own. Remember to pray. Envision yourself as a blue or white being of light. Remain object of your experiences. Do not let your travels effect you. Go as if you are observing someone else having these experiences. Good luck.
Anonymous Coward
Thailand
08/22/2012 05:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
OP, can you relate to this?

Sleep paralysis: A frightening form of paralysis that occurs when a person suddenly finds himself or herself unable to move for a few minutes, most often upon falling asleep or waking up. Sleep paralysis is due to an irregularity in passing between the stages of sleep and wakefulness.

The symptoms of sleep paralysis include sensations of noises, smells, levitation, paralysis, terror, and images of frightening intruders. Once considered very rare, up to half of all people are now believed to experience sleep paralysis sometime during their life. Sleep paralysis is not considered to be a sign of a serious condition, although it can be frightening.

Sleep paralysis strikes as a person is moving into or out of REM (rapid eye movement) sleep, the deepest part of sleep. During REM sleep the body is largely disconnected from the brain, effectively leaving the body paralyzed. Sleep paralysis is the result of premature (or persistent) mind-body disconnection as one is about to enter into (or exit from) REM sleep.

Sleep paralysis occurs most often after jet lag or periods of sleeplessness that interrupt the normal REM patterns, or after changes in sleep patterns. It affects both sexes equally and occurs at all ages but is most common in teenagers. Sleep paralysis can be familial and may be genetic (inherited) in some cases.

An attack of sleep paralysis is usually harmless and self-limited. It tends to be over in a minute or two as soon as the brain and body re-establish connections and the person is able to move again. However, the memory of the terrifying sensations felt during sleep paralysis can long endure. (Some scholars believe that sleep paralysis may account for some of the old claims of attacks by witches and the more recent "reports" of nocturnal abduction by space aliens.)

Sleep paralysis goes by a number of names, including the "old hag" in Newfoundland (for an old witch thought to sit on the chest of the paralyzed sleeper), "kokma" in the West Indies (for a ghost baby who jumps on the sleeper's chest and attacks the throat), "kanashibari" in Japan and "gui ya" or ghost pressure in China (because a ghost is believed to sit on and assault the sleeper). Medically, sleep paralysis is sometimes called waking paralysis, predormital (before-sleep) paralysis, postdormital (after-sleep) paralysis, and REM sleep atonia.
[link to www.medterms.com]
Anonymous Coward
Thailand
08/22/2012 05:23 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'm one of those people that were inspired by childhood 'lucid' dreams and spent years in meditation trying to enhance it.

First of all don't let the psycho church idiots frighten you with their cult garbage. They don't know anything. They just regurgitate crap they hear from their small town hack pastors. However you should pray and make sure that your intentions and purpose is clean and well adjusted before you proceed.

The easiest way to acheive conscious dreams is to use the hypnogogic state. Books by Monroe and the lime are good so that you know what to expect. But their methods fail to get you over the primary hurdle of training your mind on how to REMEMBER how to get home, which is out of body.

Research the hypnogogic state so you thoroughly understand what it is. Also pick up a book called The Gates Of Dreaming by Carlos Castanada.

The most important thing you can do, like the poster above said, is to start a disciplined dream journal. This step is imperative. Anyone who claims to
Be an astral travelor and does not keep a detailed dream journal is lying to you. When you open this doorway you will essentially be living two lives. Your so called waking reality will become secondary to your conscious dream world. The journal will keep the two separated which is necessary to maintain balance. Balance is crucial to developing this part of your reality. Otherwise it will consume your waking life and you may lose touch with this world which would be counter productive. Keep balance. The dream journal provides the map for this balance. It is your GPS in an infinite world where it is easy to get lost.

An initial dose of magic mushrooms will help facilitate your progress. You only need to do them once to teach your mind how to make the leap. But they aren't necessary.

Start the journal. Be disciplined writing in it every morning. Set your alarm early to do this. The journal will trigger more dreams. You will quickly fill volumes. Date the entries.

When your journal is in full swing and you are remembering 2 to 7 dreams a night, start focusing on the hypnogogic state. The exact moment when you fall asleep. Maintain conscious awareness through that gateway and you will slip into the dreamworld totally conscious and aware without even realizing it.

From there you are on your own. Remember to pray. Envision yourself as a blue or white being of light. Remain object of your experiences. Do not let your travels effect you. Go as if you are observing someone else having these experiences. Good luck.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 20867433

I would try to do everything with no drugs. I have never used anything but pot at age 16 and 18 (I am now over 55) and I wished that I hadn't done that.

Most advise no drugs, I would say over 95% of all persons who are writing these books.

GLP