06/12/2013 10:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: 01010
what else is there to pray for? self-aggrandizement? cool2

God has a plan and it is good
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 2539070

agree with you.

i have always had an issue praying for myself....even requesting God help me heal from an illness, but i sometimes do now. it just seems weird to me. i do think there are people who pray about getting business deals to make money and stuff like that, i don't get that kind of praying.

jmho
 Quoting: m&m's

thank you.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2539070
United States
06/12/2013 10:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
At this point i either need to try to change the world or i need to leave this world. Can't take it anymore.
 Quoting: Truthhappened

well, i already fucked up my life through bad choices and straying for several years from what my parents taught me growing up, and not listening to myself and listening to others instead, so i can't really take it anymore either. i don't want to live like this, in this fucked up world, and with other personal stuff, but i have responsibilities for now. when i don't have responsibilities i see no point in prolonging past the point where i am not needed as i don't see myself changing anything in a positive way, so why bother? i don't see the changes i'd like happening, so wtf?

i wish God would reboot this bitch assed world, but protect the animals and innocents...which I'm sure He would do.....bc all things are possible with God.

If you follow the Bible, you know where this is going. And if you know where this is going you have hope. The main focus of followers of Jesus Christ right now should be witnessing to the Lost, winning souls for christ, preaching repentance and the Gospel
 Quoting: Witness for Him

i believe in God, i think revelations is a possibility not an absolute.

i do not proselytize and i don't believe in it. my parents taught me to believe in God. no talk of jesus. no defaming of jesus either.

in the old testament the messiah is supposed to bring peace and turn swords into plowshares....this has not yet happened, but peace is what i hope for and for the killing of evil.

i am tired of how this world is now. nothing seems right. the world seems foreign to me. even weird things with relatives. i feel like i am in bizzaro land...the opposite of how things are supposed to be, but i guess my decisions got me here. sadly.

you're doing just fine, keep up the good work
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26795689
United States
06/12/2013 10:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
When you've had enough of being pissed off and angry about it - you will be ready to move beyond these feelings.

For now, I would say it is a natural/necessary reaction.
 Quoting: ANHEDONIC

i've been where you think i should be, if i'm reading / comprehending you correctly. love everyone....yadda yadda yadda.... well, i feel God has revealed to me that evil exists and injustice exists even under out noses (muslim women being forced to stay at home / not drive in the USA ... child brides, etc.) and that it is PAST time to do things about it and raise awareness. you cannot love evil away.

i tried. it does not work.

give evil an inch, it will try to take a mile.

evil must be killed / eradicated....this is what God said in the OT.

it is truth.

Well with all due respect I don't feel you are reading/comprehending correctly because no where on this forum have you ever seen me pass along a hippy, new-agey 'love everyone yadda yadda yadda' type message.

I said when you're done being angry / pissed off about the state of affairs, you will be ready to move past this negative outlook. In the process of raising your awareness about the nature of the world and how it operates it is NATURAL and often NECESSARY for a person to feel angry & pissed off. Many people go through this stage - how long you wish to remain embracing that mentality is up to you. But it's not a permanent state of being - more like a phase. Keep elevating your awareness and you can TRANSCEND the anger and bitterness and move towards a state of inner peace - but to do so you need to continue to distance yourself from a physical-based perspective.

You've already revealed in your posts that you subscribe to the notion of reincarnation. Take that understanding and apply it to your perspective & perception of the world more often. It will help you reconcile and come to grips with why certain individuals are acting 'evil' in this lifetime and why there are so many who are so uninformed and hypnotized by the material pleasures of the world. If this physical world is a learning grounds, then you will necessarily have individuals at all different stages of spiritual development. It's just the way it is. We will never be able to 'erase/eradicate/kill' all the 'evil' in this world because that's not the way this realm works - believing that we can do this but not seeing it happen will just leave you with a continual sense of feeling defeated.

Please understand I'm not criticizing you here, just trying to add some perspective. You don't have to continue to feel the way that you currently do for the rest of your time here, you have the free will to change how you feel when you are ready to do so. If you don't want to feel this way (because it doesn't sound like it feels very good or healthy) - then keep pushing yourself to expand your awareness of what lies beyond the physical illusions of this world we are temporarily experiencing. The reason I say the anger and feelings of being pissed off are often necessary, is that they serve a valuable function to help push an individual in the direction of distancing oneself from the physical/material perspective of this life and look for answers/solutions from a spiritual perspective (and I'm not referring to the belief in the notion that 'God' will just swoop down and 'fix it'). I'm talking about an inner-solution, not an external one.

peace
m&m's  (OP)

User ID: 28219729
United States
06/12/2013 11:39 PM
Report Abusive Post

Last Edited by m&m's on 07/13/2013 02:15 AM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2539070
United States
06/12/2013 11:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
my personal golden rule with prayer (these days) is that I don't pray for anything that would mess with another entity's free will

I give thanks for the opportunity to do my part and for my health. and sometimes I ask for that opportunity to continue. occasionally I ask for that opportunity to end. (lol) that's about it.

perhaps we are in the midst of the 'lion's den' so to speak for a purpose that is beyond our current perception? moving through a heavy fog.. perhaps eventually it clears? but the only way is through. "blind" in a sense.

if you remain humble then you really can't go too far astray, imho..
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26795689
United States
06/13/2013 12:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
appreciate your thoughtful explanatory reply.

here's my thing with reincarnation....why is the world going backwards into immorality and depravity instead of forward to morality, decency, normalcy, and goodness.
are we just swamped with evil reincarnated souls right now?
the world just seems totally upside down. i'm wondering if these aspartame theories (it is like poison to me, i can taste it immediately) might have some merit in dumbing down the populace and making them behave so against the values of God and this nation.

shit just seems unreal to me. this is not the world i grew up in ... it is not the world of even several years ago....it is weird and strange. people talk about alternate timelines....idk...maybe God moved me and bunches of other people, too? i feel totally out of place and some people cannot even listen to logic and reason. it's crazy.

That's a valid question. I can't claim to know the answer but I can share my perspective. Let's say hypothetically we lived in a different world where everyone had complete free will to act as they pleased and there was no external control and manipulation being exerted on the population by a group of individuals with a higher power & authority to do so. This type of scenario would allow for a much better reading or interpretation as to the state of morality, decency, normalcy, goodness of the population. Everyone would have the free will to act out of their true nature without external influences playing a significant role in shaping their behavior and mentality.

But that's not what we're faced with because we live in a world where the majority are controlled & influenced by a small minority. We have little to no say in our legal system, our elected officials and what they do, the financial system and it's practices/regulations, the food supply, the technology and medical treatments we have access to, etc etc. The majority of the population is being heavily influenced and manipulated by 'systems' in place that only a small minority have the power & authority to change. We live in a pyramid style control structure where the actions of a few have a huge affect on the quality of life of the majority. My contention is that with the present circumstances and 'system' that we're subjected to, it's EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to gauge or interpret the collective state of morality, decency, normalcy, goodness of the general population. It's the nature vs. nurture debate and now more than ever, we can see how people are becoming a victim of their environment and allowing it to influence their behavior.

If hypothetically we lived in a more utopian type system where individuals were not victims of a predatory financial system, did not have to struggle and slave away at meaningless jobs just to pay-to-live, and did not have to spend 30 years just working to pay for the home that they have been living in - do we really think we would be witnessing the same level of crime, corruption, and heartlessness? If the majority of indviduals were mentally healthier and happier as a result of being exposed to a different type of lifestyle, and not riddled with depression and this unnatural lifestyle we are subjected to, don't you feel you would be likely to have a completely different impression about the character/nature of the average person?

It's for these reasons that I do not allow the negative behavior of a certain segment of the population to dictate my general or overall view as to the collective nature of humanity. I feel many of these individuals behaving negatively would not be acting in this manner if our circumstances or environment were not the way that it has been engineered to be.

You also have to remember how much the media/news controls our perception of the world and how much negative behavior gets reported and dominates the news coverage. There could be 9 acts of kindness & compassion taking place but the 1 act of violence/immorality will always get the news coverage. If hypothetically (this would never happen) the media decided for one month to only report positive news stories, it would have a profound effect on how your average person views the current state of our society.

The last thing is that these old systems we've been living under are falling apart and collapsing. The collective consciousness of society is outgrowing these outdated methods of operating and we're going to continue to see a falling away from our old ways of doing things. This will create tension/conflict/turmoil in the short term but it's necessary for this to happen and I think it should be looked upon as 'growing pains'....
m&m's  (OP)

United States
06/13/2013 03:16 AM
Report Abusive Post

Last Edited by m&m's on 07/13/2013 02:16 AM
m&m's  (OP)

United States
06/13/2013 06:07 PM
Report Abusive Post

Last Edited by m&m's on 07/13/2013 02:17 AM
Troggie
User ID: 18131689
New Zealand
06/13/2013 06:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
Because it is stubbornly hanging on to piss us all off.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31314703
United States
06/14/2013 03:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
Yeah, America is full of hypocrites, just like God predicted it would become. Aint it fun? You should pray for your enemies though, as much as you hate to be around your filthy relatives etc..

GLP