United States
01/05/2013 04:43 AM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: F.O.G.
mag 7.8 Alaska!!!

Hope you are safe AKObserver. hugs
 Quoting: Nika

Hi, Nika. I hope so too. 'Specially after her last post.
Isis7

User ID: 25804806
United States
01/05/2013 05:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
mag 7.8 Alaska!!!

AK, please be safe. hugs

RSOE has two quakes listed:

Magnitude: 7.7
Mercalli scale: 10
Date-Time [UTC]: Saturday, 05th January 2013 at 08:58 AM
Local Date/Time: Saturday, January 05, 2013 at 00:58 at night at epicenter
Coordinate: 55° 16.080, 134° 51.300
Depth: 5.00 km (3.11 miles)
[link to hisz.rsoe.hu]

Magnitude: 7.7
Mercalli scale: 10
Date-Time [UTC]: Saturday, 05th January 2013 at 08:58 AM
Local Date/Time: Saturday, January 05, 2013 at 00:58 at night at epicenter
Coordinate: 55° 17.508, 134° 43.662
Depth: 9.60 km (5.97 miles)
[link to hisz.rsoe.hu]

And two Tsunami warnings:

05.01.2013 09:06 AM Tsunami Information Bulletin Southeastern Alaska 7.7 5 km
[link to hisz.rsoe.hu]

05.01.2013 09:46 AM Tsunami Information Statement Southeastern Alaska 7.6 0 km
[link to hisz.rsoe.hu]

the Live Earthquake map reports:
Saturday January 5 2013, 08:58:24 UTC 94 minutes ago Southeastern Alaska. 7.8 28.0 GeoScience Australia Detail
Saturday January 5 2013, 08:58:19 UTC 94 minutes ago Southeastern Alaska 7.7 10.0 CSEM-EMSC Feed Detail
Saturday January 5 2013, 08:58:19 UTC 94 minutes ago Southeastern Alaska. 7.8 10.0 GeoScience Australia Detail
Saturday January 5 2013, 08:58:16 UTC 94 minutes ago Southeastern Alaska 7.5 9.9 USGS Feed Detail
Saturday January 5 2013, 08:58:16 UTC 94 minutes ago Southeastern Alaska 7.7 5.0 USGS Feed Detail
[link to quakes.globalincidentmap.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31438715
United States
01/05/2013 05:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
mag 7.8 Alaska!!!

I think the quake was far away from where Ako is located at, But the quake was big enough for it to be felt where she is at. I hope she's okay too.. hf

Also we should expect a(one or two) quake(s) here in the U.S. in the following state(s) CO,TX,KS,OK,MO,AR,KY,TN,MS,AL,VA. Not a big quake just a decent size EQ. Not Fear Mongering just following a pattern.

Stay safe F.O.G and Everyone. hf
Nika

User ID: 15602421
United States
01/05/2013 06:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
mag 7.8 Alaska!!!

I think the quake was far away from where Ako is located at, But the quake was big enough for it to be felt where she is at. I hope she's okay too.. hf

Also we should expect a(one or two) quake(s) here in the U.S. in the following state(s) CO,TX,KS,OK,MO,AR,KY,TN,MS,AL,VA. Not a big quake just a decent size EQ. Not Fear Mongering just following a pattern.

Stay safe F.O.G and Everyone. hf
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31438715

Someone on El Q's thread said AKO lives in Hoonah which is around 200 miles from Craig. And it's on the coast.

Hope that's not where she is.
Please check in AKobserver so we know you're ok.
:infnty:

:ihavgsbmp:
Tiny Trink

User ID: 28990460
United States
01/05/2013 07:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
Hello FOG,

AK has reported that she is ok on EL Q's thread this morning.

Stay Safe and Balanced.

Shine Brightly.

There are now 14 Buoys in event mode from the AK 7.8 quake this morning.

[link to www.ndbc.noaa.gov]

flowers

Much Love,

[link to www.youtube.com]

Last Edited by Tiny Trink on 01/05/2013 07:29 AM
Tiny Trink, Double T, Tink Tink, T x 2

"You are responsible for the Energy you bring into a space" ~ Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor

Shine Brightly as someone is needing your Inner Light to find theirs.
AKObserver

User ID: 479024
United States
01/05/2013 08:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
hi
I'm OK!
Much Love to you all.
I don't live in Hoonah we built the website for mistybaylodge.com I travel all over Alaska for the publishing company I work for. I am 700 miles from the quake in South Central Alaska on the Denali Fault line side. Whatever that phenomenon Thursday night was I think it was a pre-cursor or warning to that quake I think something shifted? It was so weird it's hard to describe. hf
shadasonic

User ID: 15732022
United States
01/05/2013 09:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
hi
I'm OK!
Much Love to you all.
I don't live in Hoonah we built the website for mistybaylodge.com I travel all over Alaska for the publishing company I work for. I am 700 miles from the quake in South Central Alaska on the Denali Fault line side. Whatever that phenomenon Thursday night was I think it was a pre-cursor or warning to that quake I think something shifted? It was so weird it's hard to describe. hf
 Quoting: AKObserver

Nice to see you're OK, AK.Seems alot of us were feeling something last night. I was on Nins thread and thought it was from a solar flare, but my spidey senses went haywire as I was trying to sleep.
You're very much appreciated for all your work!hf
“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.” – Carl Sagan
Earth Cries

User ID: 27402424
United States
01/05/2013 09:49 AM

Report Abusive Post
Pretty big for Hawaii...

Magnitude 4.3 - ISLAND OF HAWAII, HAWAII

[link to earthquake.usgs.gov]

And shallow, too.
Mark 13:20 And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.

“Things fall apart; the center cannot hold.” Yeats
Earth Cries

United States
01/05/2013 10:04 AM

Report Abusive Post
Finally got an update on the sinkhole.

[link to assumptionla.wordpress.com]
Mark 13:20 And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.

Earth Cries

United States
01/05/2013 10:11 AM

Report Abusive Post
If you want to see what the big 7.7 in Alaska this morning did to the world and the sinkhole seismos, go here.

[link to earthquake.usgs.gov]

[link to folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu]

NiNzrez

User ID: 28232082
United States
01/05/2013 10:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
hi
I'm OK!
Much Love to you all.

phenomenon Thursday night? was it like this?

[link to youtu.be]

Last Edited by NiNzrez on 01/05/2013 10:56 AM
NiNzrez

United States
01/05/2013 10:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
hi
I'm OK!
Much Love to you all.

Nice to see you're OK, AK.Seems alot of us were feeling something last night. I was on Nins thread and thought it was from a solar flare, but my spidey senses went haywire as I was trying to sleep.
 Quoting: shadasonic

i had been awake for 23hr yesterday, went to sleep and was awake after only 3hrs sleep
could not sleep for anything!
now im wide awake, when i should be feeling tired, but im not
shadasonic

United States
01/05/2013 11:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
hi
I'm OK!
Much Love to you all.

i had been awake for 23hr yesterday, went to sleep and was awake after only 3hrs sleep
 Quoting: NiNzrez

Thats weird I'm in the same boat,got up made breakfast for the kids, did laundry, and am going to build new shutters for the house. Have tons of energy with hardly any sleep,can't complain I guess. Theres a chance with elevated energy the ions around us have shifted and this will give you a great lift. The same effect salt lamps produce,had a
yoga instructor explain this to me years ago. I'm not sure how valid this is but it made sense to me

Last Edited by Thinking out loud on 01/05/2013 11:14 AM
“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.” – Carl Sagan
NiNzrez

United States
01/05/2013 11:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
hi
I'm OK!
Much Love to you all.

Thats weird I'm in the same boat,got up made breakfast for the kids, did laundry, and am going to build new shutters for the house. Have tons of energy with hardly any sleep,can't complain I guess. Theres a chance with elevated energy the ions around us have shifted and this will give you a great lift. The same effect salt lamps produce,had a
yoga instructor explain this to me years ago. I'm not sure how valid this is but it made sense to me

i have missed the energy we get from bigger flares ^^
salt lamps? never heard of that. going to look into that
thanks!
NiNzrez

United States
01/05/2013 11:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
now there is a buoy off the East Coast America going off

direct link to buoy data
shadasonic

United States
01/05/2013 01:41 PM
Report Abusive Post

direct link to buoy data

There was one in the gulf of mexico going off not more than 10 minutes after the Alaskan quake, very strange
whiteangel
also known as WA

User ID: 1775746
United States
01/05/2013 01:57 PM

Report Abusive Post
I went to sleep about 2:30am MST and missed it all; 7.8 EQ and M1.7 flare. Now I understand why my ears went nuts yesterday evening, it was the weirdest sound they have ever made. I kept checking EQ's and yes there were several moderates around the same time frame, just weird.

I am so glad to hear that AKO is safe. I knew the area she is at, as I have another person I am in contact with daily that is up her way and figured she was okay also. Her experience BEFORE anything happened proves we all need to pay attention to Mother Nature!!
Isaiah 5:20 KJV
Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
Thread: Being Prepared - Updated Basic Food List On Page One
whiteangel
also known as WA

United States
01/05/2013 02:11 PM

Report Abusive Post
[link to ssd.jpl.nasa.gov]

Venus/Earth/Ceres are in alignment. Anyone know why this combo seems to produce more EQ's and solar activity? Anyone know where I can go to search this weirdness?
Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31566384
United States
01/05/2013 03:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Earth Cries

United States
01/05/2013 03:29 PM

Report Abusive Post
Hi, Nin and everyone. Here is some info on the "earthquake lights" often seen before a big quake.

An earthquake light is an unusual luminous aerial phenomenon that reportedly appears in the sky at or near areas of tectonic stress, seismic activity, or volcanic eruptions. Once commonly challenged, it was not until photographs were taken during the Matsushiro earthquake swarm in Nagano, Japan (which occurred from 1965 through 1967) that the seismology community acknowledged their occurrence...

One explanation involves intense electric fields created piezoelectrically by tectonic movements of rocks containing quartz.[8]

Another possible explanation is local disruption of the Earth's magnetic field and/or ionosphere in the region of tectonic stress...

[link to en.wikipedia.org]

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30846516
United States
01/05/2013 03:29 PM
Report Abusive Post

direct link to buoy data

There was one in the gulf of mexico going off not more than 10 minutes after the Alaskan quake, very strange

Is it possible that is a seperate event ? When I overlayed the helicorders from AK and AL it showed 17 minutes for the shock wave to get here. If the bouy was only 10 minutes behind the AK quake, there could have been something that happened in the gulf and it was skipped over. Again.
Earth Cries

United States
01/05/2013 03:55 PM

Report Abusive Post
Strange place for a quake.

2013-01-05 20:16:53.036min ago 50.76 N 5.91 E 17 2.5 THE NETHERLANDS

[link to www.emsc-csem.org]

whiteangel
also known as WA

United States
01/05/2013 04:37 PM

Report Abusive Post
Hey ElQ, I know you follow planetary alignments, so wondering if you might have a clue to this puzzle for me.

[link to ssd.jpl.nasa.gov]
Shows an alignment of Venus/Earth/Ceres for today. Why would this little dwarf planet/big asteroid influence Earth and Sun so much? 7.8 EQ and an M1.7 flare 30 minutes of each other was rather interesting considering we don't see M-flares anymore.

Any thoughts as to why Ceres effects us so? Anyone else can jump in also.
 Quoting: whiteangel

I think this is important, good catch WhiteAngel.

Namaste.
 Quoting: El Quisqueyano

It is named after Ceres, the Roman goddess of growing plants, the harvest, and motherly love.

She showing us how mad she is at us?
 Quoting: El Quisqueyano

I have just been watching the alignments and how most don't seem to effect us unless Ceres is involved. Being mostly water/ice mixture, makes me also think of Comet ISON that will be putting on a major display here in November and will be effecting the solar system, especially Mars by summer time. Comets are mostly ice and rock, so.... what does this mean for us? Info coming in about ISON is limited at best, yet, there seems to be a warning bell going off in my brain about this and has been since it was first put out to the public that is was just discovered.

Red planet dancing with the blue kachina?? Of course if it interacts with Mars like they are saying it possibly could, that red planet may turn blue!! There is even mention the comet could hit Mars.

Said all that to say, will ISON also cause us problems like Ceres does? If Ceres effects us, yet is is further away than Mars, will ISON effect us when it is closer to us, as close as ISON??

I hope all that rambling made sense
 Quoting: whiteangel

I posted this over on ElQ's thread. Thought those who don't go over there much would like to see it also.
Isis7

User ID: 25804806
United States
01/05/2013 04:52 PM
Report Abusive Post

[link to youtu.be]
Isis One

User ID: 14343270
United States
01/05/2013 05:01 PM

Report Abusive Post
hi
I'm OK!
Much Love to you all.

Glad you are Ok AK, and I think your hunch is correct.
Spread the word, change the collective conscious......
THERE IS MORE THAN ENOUGH OF EVERYTHING TO GO AROUND

When you are undisciplined, the universe is extremely forgiving and when you are disciplined, the universe is extremely generous. Me

One doesn't discover new lands without consenting to lose sight, for a very long time, of the shore. Andre Gide
[link to www.godlikeproductions.com]
AKObserver

United States
01/05/2013 06:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
hi
Morning (afternoon) All!
Wow....seems we are experiencing a lot of things that we can't explain. After suffering from insomnia or whatever it was since New Year's I crashed and burned about 4:45 AM
Here's the good part that will give you a chuckle. I fell asleep with my glasses on and my fingers on the keyboard writing a post lol I was so tired that my eyes couldn't focus anymore! Woke Up a scary site, glasses half off my face and lines and lines of the letter 'a', have a huge red dent on the side of my face where my glasses were stuck between it and the pillow! what a night!

I am still trying to find some answers to the phenomenon experience. I saw the youtube video about the lights which is also really weird because in the wee hours of Friday AM I saw those and woke my daughter up to come look I didn't see the flashing but the sky was was really bright towards Anchorage with this 'hole of light' in the sky because it was cloudy in my area I thought it was Aurora lights and didn't think anything else of it. Seems rather surreal to have experienced it all first hand. It has left me feeling humbled and honored that my finding all of you and this awesome gathering place of loving, kindred spirits with such amazing knowledge was no coincidence and perhaps, all these things I am seeing and feeling no matter how strange, I am here to share them all with you (no matter how nutty they seem at the time) I don't feel like it's doom or apocalyptic but rather an enlightening journey for us to share & learn.
Thank you all! I am blessed by your company.
My ears are still hissing but not with the intensity of the prior two days Thank God! I still have the huge energy surge wanting to Spring clean everything but I'm settling for putting all the Christmas things away! It's 34+ here today

This webicorder will show you the duration of that quake look at the intensity!
[link to www.avo.alaska.edu]

I found this post this AM
Mysterious Booms in Southcentral Alaska on January 3 2012 – A link to today’s Alaska 7.5-mag Earthquake?
[link to strangesounds.org]
and this one
Subduction zone model: Deep Earth tremors to foretell major earthquakes?
[link to strangesounds.org]
seems others are searching as we are.
Have a wonderful day hf
Pay it forward
User ID: 21246624
United States
01/05/2013 07:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
From Stan Deyo's site:

You have GOT to see this animation of the reverberations throughout America.

Scroll go to the second animation and you'll see this quake went schizo in all directions. It is most bizarre!

What's important about this is that the USGS only showed the "tail" feeling it. That's nonsense for a temblor event of this magnitude. One StanDeyo/Millennium-ark site reader from Oklahoma reported that he felt it there. It lasted 1:30 minutes.

[link to www.iris.edu]

BTW - Stan is doing a great job of predicting EQs.
AKObserver

United States
01/05/2013 07:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
Here's a really good map of the fault lines associated with the quake The quake happened right where the Aleutian Trench and the Fairweather trench merge
The tectonic deformation of southern Alaska is driven by collision of the Pacific Plate with the North American Plate. This map shows some of the prominent known faults that bound different fragments of crust in southern Alaska. Arrows depict how the pieces are moving relative to North America (longer arrows mean faster motion). Black dots mark the two field areas discussed in this report.
Full size map
[link to www.groundtruthtrekking.org]

[link to www.groundtruthtrekking.org]

(I'm wondering if anyone in the immediate area has seen any evidence if the fault ruptured or the plates collided)
When an earthquake occurs on a fault, the rock on either side of the fault shears, moving in different directions. For some earthquakes, especially the largest earthquakes, the shearing action of the fault extends up to the ground surface, leaving visible scars and disturbance. Shearing action along the fault breaks the soil and rock at the ground surface, opening cracks and shifting layers

This doesn't look good at all I think we are looking a destabilizing event with that East Coast buoy in event mode the shift we experienced could have been a precursor to a New Madrid fault line rupture or a megathrust quake event on the West Coast.
AKObserver

United States
01/05/2013 08:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
From Stan Deyo's site:

You have GOT to see this animation of the reverberations throughout America.

Scroll go to the second animation and you'll see this quake went schizo in all directions. It is most bizarre!

What's important about this is that the USGS only showed the "tail" feeling it. That's nonsense for a temblor event of this magnitude. One StanDeyo/Millennium-ark site reader from Oklahoma reported that he felt it there. It lasted 1:30 minutes.

[link to www.iris.edu]

BTW - Stan is doing a great job of predicting EQs.
 Quoting: Pay it forward 21246624

WOW! That was awesome! Did you notice where the mass amount of sensors are located? Think it's a coincidence? I don't wouldn't you love to know what they're not telling us...
Do you have a link for Stan's website?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31552889
Canada
01/05/2013 08:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
buzz/vibration pretty crazy in Cascade Mountains BC right now....

my whole family woke up with headaches.....

crazy day....

thanks for all your info...every one...

GLP