Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,992 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,896,290
Pageviews Today: 2,802,497Threads Today: 758Posts Today: 15,937
10:53 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Clear concrete proof that 'GOD' of Bible/Koran/Talmud is false.

Wingedlion

User ID: 764368
United States
09/06/2009 10:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Clear concrete proof that 'GOD' of Bible/Koran/Talmud is false.
This entity Apollonius of Tyana is the central figure of a certain religious order that was prevalent at that time in Rome and his life was incorporated into the Holy Roman religion or Catholic version of the Christian epic which became the official Roman religion in approximately 300 AD.

There was also energies of several other spiritual leaders of Roman religious sects whose stories were also brought in and there were those spiritual personalities or deities from other Roman religious orders whose histories or religious myths came from other cultures

Krishna for example, of India, was one of the religious cults and groups in Rome, and his story was merged with that of Apollonius of Tyana. The story of Krishna as that entity who came into the earth born of a virgin and who attempted to save people from error and sin, but who was hanged for his efforts

this was incorporated in the story of Jesus and the Apollonius story was also part of this story, and there were also entities whose religion was that of sun worshipping, wherein there was the sun and the 12 houses or signs, and these sun worshippers had their story of Jesus in which the sun god had 12 disciples and these 12 disciples of course reflected the 12 signs of those who were the sun worshippers in Rome. This was of course an astrological religion.

the combination of the many different Roman religious orders or organizations, the different religious sects, forming a composite in which the central heroic character was the Son of God, having 12 disciples, being born of a virgin, whose intent and purpose was to help save mankind, and for his efforts, the entity was slain and put upon a cross; the entity also having certain miraculous powers, including that of those who can heal by touch, or raise from the dead or move into states of suspended animation, such as some of the masters of India have demonstrated in various times throughout history.

Thus, one aspect of this composite known as Jesus moved west to India, and into Kashmir, and was recorded as having been the entity known as Jesus, and lived there to a ripe age. Another aspect of this composite moved eastward along with the Holy Family, and bore a child through Mary Magdalene

this was known as the Holy Family, which the Catholic Church made every effort to eradicate and destroy and remove any trace of the information surrounding that entity, but which the Templars made every effort to preserve and to promote and carry on that Holy Bloodline, even to the point of some hundred years later, taking the Holy Family, the descendants of the Holy Family into the New World, through Newfoundland and into what was later to be called the United States

the entity that contributed to the composite known as Jesus went westward, while another entity who contributed to the composite known as Jesus went eastward.
there were of course, still others.
Attempting to discuss the story of Jesus in a traditional way opens a Pandora's Box of discrepancies, when you approach or seek the truth of the matter, because the Jesus of the Bible, being a composite of many different entities, or several different entities, is not the true story
 Quoting: danhow

Christianity nearly dominated the entire world for 300 years long before Rome was ever invented, so to try to begin all Christian history at 325 AD is just pure deception. Go back and take a course in Church History. Not all Christians followed Rome, and neither do they now.

Pagans were infiltrating the early Church and even though it took over 300 years to do it, they finally suceeded in taking over Rome. However, all of Christianity does not lay in Rome, and never will. Time to stop deceiving people with long winded lies.
"Glory is what happens when faith overcomes adversity."
danhow

User ID: 748709
United Kingdom
09/06/2009 10:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
That may go over for some uneducated mindless sheeple, but I am a trained Linguist with a college degree trained to do translation missionary work. This business of the books of the bible somehow being changed is a lie. There are over 5800 copies scattered through out the world (they are not located in the vatican library as some would have us believe), and to have "changed" anything in them, one would have to first of all, locate each and every one of the 5800 copies, then change each and every one regarding the change to be made, then be able to somehow cover it us so that every Greek and Hebrew scholar would not discover it.

It never happened, and to say that it did is to promote a lie, which you seem to have no problem doing. What kind of "Karma" is going to bite you in the ass for practicing deception?
 Quoting: Wingedlion

You sure don't sound like someone with a college degree by the way you act towards people.The changes were made before
all these copies were made.It might be time to go back to school but I sense that you are not very truthfull in what you say.You can fool some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time.
Wingedlion

United States
09/06/2009 10:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
That may go over for some uneducated mindless sheeple, but I am a trained Linguist with a college degree trained to do translation missionary work. This business of the books of the bible somehow being changed is a lie. There are over 5800 copies scattered through out the world (they are not located in the vatican library as some would have us believe), and to have "changed" anything in them, one would have to first of all, locate each and every one of the 5800 copies, then change each and every one regarding the change to be made, then be able to somehow cover it us so that every Greek and Hebrew scholar would not discover it.

It never happened, and to say that it did is to promote a lie, which you seem to have no problem doing. What kind of "Karma" is going to bite you in the ass for practicing deception?

You sure don't sound like someone with a college degree by the way you act towards people.The changes were made before
all these copies were made.It might be time to go back to school but I sense that you are not very truthfull in what you say.You can fool some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time.

At least I am able to make a point without boring people to death with long winded rhetoric. As far as your opinion on my education, well, anyone can have an opinion, but the value of a man's opinion is the price he has paid to have it.
danhow

United Kingdom
09/06/2009 10:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
Christianity nearly dominated the entire world for 300 years long before Rome was ever invented, so to try to begin all Christian history at 325 AD is just pure deception. Go back and take a course in Church History. Not all Christians followed Rome, and neither do they now.

Pagans were infiltrating the early Church and even though it took over 300 years to do it, they finally suceeded in taking over Rome. However, all of Christianity does not lay in Rome, and never will. Time to stop deceiving people with long winded lies.

In Rome was a political effort by Constantine to gather the energies of conflicting religious groups and to bring them together to stop the warring and fighting between these groups that was tearing Rome apart. The action of Constantine was that he informed those religious leaders of the various warring sects in Rome that if they did not come together and join in some kind of compromise religion, their religion would not be recognized or legal in Rome, thus, most of those came and put their best effort into giving their particular religious dogma and values and their deity into the compromise that was formed which became the Holy Roman Catholic religion, "catholic" meaning "universal
danhow

United Kingdom
09/06/2009 10:40 AM
Report Abusive Post

At least I am able to make a point without boring people to death with long winded rhetoric. As far as your opinion on my education, well, anyone can have an opinion, but the value of a man's opinion is the price he has paid to have it.

What the point if you judge and condemn people by calling them spirtual retards.i suggest you try to help people and not hinder them with your fundamentalist views that are very closed minded.
danhow

United Kingdom
09/06/2009 10:43 AM
Report Abusive Post

I'd like to remind you that the story of Jesus, the first written word, was that which was put down some 80 years after his existence on this plane.
timex

User ID: 729718
Belarus
09/06/2009 11:05 AM

Report Abusive Post
A couple of years ago I have replied to the similar thread. Now that the question arised again so will I reply.

If any kind of god asks you to sacrifice your son/daughter/animal or something that has a gift of life - question your sanity and look for professional help of a doctor.

dixi.
higher than high
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 761187
Canada
09/06/2009 11:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
All 3 are basically Abrahamic religion/faiths.

Abraham was asked by God to sacrifice one of his sons.

Muslims/Christians argue for eons over which son was the one sacrificed..

But these morons overlooked one thing.

Their God is supposed to be All-Loving, All-Mighty, All-Knowing.

If God is All-Loving, he need not asked Abraham to kill one of his sons.

If it is to test Abraham's faith, then this GOD is not All-Knowing because he cannot read what is in Abraham's mind. He is not Al-Mighty and not telepathic.

Therefore the conclusion is this 'GOD' that Christians, Jews, and Muslims worship is nothing more than mortals with high tech toys and intellect.... far advanced beyond primitive intellectuals at the time.

The Alien GOD with EGO theory is beginning to sound more and more plausible.

Man's ability to reason and love has been suppressed by brainwashing from cruel EGOistic ET Gods. This simple Abrahamic tale is enough to discredit the entire Abrahamic faith.

Where is the LOVE ?
 Quoting: ShadowFox

This is illogical. Your conclusion is specious and invalid, because there is no prior statement about "mortals with high tech toys and intellect". There is no necessity to hypothesize such a thing when there are sufficient other indicators to show that all Abrahamic derivative gods are wishful thinking, politically motivated and misinterpretation of natural phenomena.
Wingedlion

United States
09/06/2009 11:25 AM
Report Abusive Post

I'd like to remind you that the story of Jesus, the first written word, was that which was put down some 80 years after his existence on this plane.

Yes, and I would like to remind you that long before they wrote everything down, and before large portions of the populace were even literate, they had a rich heritage of what was called the "oral tradition" where people related history through the spoken word and not the written word.
Wingedlion

United States
09/06/2009 11:29 AM
Report Abusive Post

What the point if you judge and condemn people by calling them spirtual retards.i suggest you try to help people and not hinder them with your fundamentalist views that are very closed minded.

I call them spiritual retards because it causes them to react and to look at how ludicris their actions and attitudes are. Someone who has never cracked a Bible, or taken a course in Theology but got all their information from a you tube video or a wikipedia article, does not qualify a person to comment on a subject they know nothing about. But spiritual retardation seems to be an epidemic where automatically they are now experts on Theology and can spread deception and lies without being qualified to hold an opinion.
danhow

United Kingdom
09/06/2009 11:35 AM
Report Abusive Post

Yes, and I would like to remind you that long before they wrote everything down, and before large portions of the populace were even literate, they had a rich heritage of what was called the "oral tradition" where people related history through the spoken word and not the written word.

Well we know what happens to a story when it is done orally.I had this little experament in school where the teacher would say a saying to the first person in the class.By the time it got to last person in the class
it was a completly different saying.

I do truly wish you the best and hope things work out for you for whatever you believe.I just want to give you a suggestion.Please for your own good try to be a little more kind in the way you speak to people.You may find that
will take you farther in life and in spirit.

Love and peace be with
MagiChristmas

User ID: 554973
United States
09/06/2009 11:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
God has revealed himself numerous times ... sun 

MC there is no "restored church" -- read John 17 
 Quoting: rb 764291

[link to www.youtube.com]

There is perhaps no more frequently misquoted verse in all the Bible than John 1:18.

"No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him."

Many will cite this scripture as proof that Joseph Smith, the Prophet of the Restoration could not have seen God, as Mormons believe. I've had this scripture pointed out to me by sincere folks who had no clue that the Bible contains myriad examples of mortals seeing God. They usually get this scripture from their minister who was taught it in his seminary training.

Taking a look at the Bible as a whole, you'll see that God has revealed himself numerous times to mortals. It's also clear that God's intent is that the humble, meek and pure will see his face, not only in the next life, but in this one as well.

Genesis 32: 30 – I have seen God face to face.
Exodus 3: 6 – Moses...was afraid to look upon God
Exodus 19: 11 – Lord will come down in the sight of all the people.
Exodus 19: 21 – charge the people, lest they break through unto the Lord to gaze.
Exodus 24: 11 – ...nobles of the children of Israel...saw God.
Exodus 33: 11 – Lord spake unto Moses face to face.
Numbers 12: 8 – With him will I speak mouth to mouth.
Deuteronomy 34: 10 – Moses, whom the Lord knew face to face.
Judges 13: 22 – We shall surely die, because we have seen God.
1 Kings 11: 9 – Lord...had appeared unto him twice.
Isaiah 6: 5 – mine eyes have seen...the Lord.
Matthew 11: 27 – Father...to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.
John 14: 18 – not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
John 14: 21 – I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
Acts 7: 56 – I see...the Son of man standing on the right hand.
Hebrews 12: 14 – holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord.
1 John 3: 2 – we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.
Revelation 1: 17 – when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead.
Revelation 22: 4 – they shall see his face.

I might have listed even more, but these are very clear and require no interpretation of events. These references testify that, if a person is filled with the Holy Ghost, the Lord can appear before him and manifest himself in person. Without the influence and power of the Holy Ghost, one could not abide the Divine glory. This is the key. The oft-misquoted scripture above is clarified by John himself in chapter 6 of his Gospel, where it is written:

"Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father." (John 6:46)

Thus, the overall message of this list of scriptures is that a person can see God if he is "of God" and thus has the gift of the Holy Ghost to quicken him in the Divine presence. Joseph Smith is a witness that can be added to those above who has seen God. After seeing Jesus Christ in the Kirtland, Ohio temple on April 3, 1836, he testified:

"And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives! For we saw him, even on the right hand of God; and we heard the voice bearing record that he is the Only Begotten of the Father. 

The promise to those who accept Jesus Christ is that he will send us the Holy Ghost, known as The Comforter. If we remain faithful, it is his desire to manifest himself unto each of us personally. John 14: 21, 23 says:

"He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him...

If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him."

It doesn't say that if we believe in Jesus, we'll see him when we die. It says that if we have and keep the commandments in faith, he will manifest himself unto us. If we will love him and keep his words, the Father and Jesus will come to us and make their abode with us. This doesn't mean dying and going to heaven. Like Moses, who sought to bring Israel into God's presence, the Good Shepherd seeks to bring us into the presence of his Father.

Those who seek to teach that no man has seen or can see God defy the promises of Jesus Christ himself and seek to turn believers away from that which God desires to give. I urge the reader to search the scriptures above and to seek the God of the Bible, who truly is a God of revelation. - [link to www.examiner.com]

This post WAS added to my Log of Direct Links: 
Thread: Tips for improving the GLP experience.

MC

Last Edited by Tru Blu no more on 09/06/2009 12:13 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 646448
United States
09/06/2009 12:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
This entity Apollonius of Tyana is the central figure of a certain religious order that was prevalent at that time in Rome and his life was incorporated into the Holy Roman religion or Catholic version of the Christian epic which became the official Roman religion in approximately 300 AD.

There was also energies of several other spiritual leaders of Roman religious sects whose stories were also brought in and there were those spiritual personalities or deities from other Roman religious orders whose histories or religious myths came from other cultures

Krishna for example, of India, was one of the religious cults and groups in Rome, and his story was merged with that of Apollonius of Tyana. The story of Krishna as that entity who came into the earth born of a virgin and who attempted to save people from error and sin, but who was hanged for his efforts

this was incorporated in the story of Jesus and the Apollonius story was also part of this story, and there were also entities whose religion was that of sun worshipping, wherein there was the sun and the 12 houses or signs, and these sun worshippers had their story of Jesus in which the sun god had 12 disciples and these 12 disciples of course reflected the 12 signs of those who were the sun worshippers in Rome. This was of course an astrological religion.

the combination of the many different Roman religious orders or organizations, the different religious sects, forming a composite in which the central heroic character was the Son of God, having 12 disciples, being born of a virgin, whose intent and purpose was to help save mankind, and for his efforts, the entity was slain and put upon a cross; the entity also having certain miraculous powers, including that of those who can heal by touch, or raise from the dead or move into states of suspended animation, such as some of the masters of India have demonstrated in various times throughout history.

Thus, one aspect of this composite known as Jesus moved west to India, and into Kashmir, and was recorded as having been the entity known as Jesus, and lived there to a ripe age. Another aspect of this composite moved eastward along with the Holy Family, and bore a child through Mary Magdalene

this was known as the Holy Family, which the Catholic Church made every effort to eradicate and destroy and remove any trace of the information surrounding that entity, but which the Templars made every effort to preserve and to promote and carry on that Holy Bloodline, even to the point of some hundred years later, taking the Holy Family, the descendants of the Holy Family into the New World, through Newfoundland and into what was later to be called the United States

the entity that contributed to the composite known as Jesus went westward, while another entity who contributed to the composite known as Jesus went eastward.
Attempting to discuss the story of Jesus in a traditional way opens a Pandora's Box of discrepancies, when you approach or seek the truth of the matter, because the Jesus of the Bible, being a composite of many different entities, or several different entities, is not the true story

--------

But what was called Christianity then bears no resemblence to what after the Church was established and began to use the word. The Catholic Church took the word Christian and made it about a belief in Jesus instead of its original which was those who fought against the established order for more progressive ideas, for change. The ones the Church later called 'early Christians' were Nazarenes, Essenes, Pythagoreans, Buddhists, Krishnas, Those of 'The Way', & others all of whom at various times incurred the wrath of the Roman Emperors and were persecuted and martyred for their beliefs.
When the Roman Church was established, Jesus Christ was invented and the followers of the new religion became known as Christians, taking over the meaning of the name from what it had been before (but still implying progressive, new,change, etc.) If you've ever read or perused the Lives of the Saints, you'll notice that the stories of the Saints from prior to the Church's establishment are very vague in detail, since their beliefs really weren't about any man called Jesus. Whereas the ones after the Church's establishment very clearly state the beliefs they proclaimed and were martyred for and their lives are much more detailed. It's very interesting to see that.
Mickeyblue
User ID: 330969
United States
09/06/2009 12:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yeah, that's the ticket. Keep up with your mental masturbation of personal assertions which have no basis in reality.

There is no debate abut which of Abraham's sons was 'offered' for sacrifice. It was not a question of what God knows it was a question of letting Abraham exercise his spiritual will.

It was never anyone but Issac.

Why not play with things about which you have a proper background and understanding.

Don't you guys ever learn, you can assert till the cows come home but you will gain no sway by your feeble attempts to corrupt the truth of God.

My gosh he deals with Satan and he is in the big leagues and will not win.
MagiChristmas

United States
09/06/2009 12:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thus we see that the reason why God requires us to worship and serve Him is not for His praise but for our glory. - [link to 74.125.155.132]

MC

You do know that the different books in bible have been changed don't you?
And some of the teachings have been changed in the bible.
And the entity of Jesus was a composite of different men put together.

Myth 1 = The Bible is a single book
The Bible is a collection of books which were gathered together by men over thousands of years. The Jewish Bible consists of 24 books that Christians call the Old Testament. 

The actual books that are agreed upon by Jews came from a council in 90 A.D. in Jamnia (near Joppa, Israel). At his council, it became so contentious that it resulted in bloodshed. 
Christians have divided these 24 books into 39 and ordered them differently. Their version of the Old Testament comes from the Greek Septuagint, which was rejected by Jews, because of the influence of Greek thought and the inclusion of the Apocrypha. Catholics accept the Apocrypha as scripture because they sustain otherwise unscriptural doctrines, such as masses for the dead and the existence of Purgatory. 

The origin of the New Testament begins with two second-century heretics. Marcion, a bishop's son and a wealthy ship owner, was the first to create a canonical list of books. His list rejected the Old Testament entirely as scripture and "was closed to all but ten of the epistles of Paul and the Gospel of Luke." Macrion's false teachings caused him to be excommunicated from the ancient Church. Macrion's excommunication was so final that the Church gave him back all the money he had donated.

The second "heretic" was Montanus who declared that he was the incarnation of the Holy Ghost promised by the Savior to come. He denounced the absence of revelation in the church and the lack of spiritual gifts. To counteract his claims, the church began to teach that there would be no further disruptive revelations and that the canon of scripture was closed.

Over the next two centuries, Origen of Alexandria divided the books in his New Testament into classes of acknowledged books and disputed texts. The list of disputed books included James, 2nd and 3rd John, 2nd Peter, Jude, the Letter of Barnabas, and the Shepherd of Hermas. This constituted the oldest Greek manuscript, consisting of 29 books.

Eusebius of Caesaria omitted not only the Shepherd and Barnabas from his list, but also the Book of Revelation. Most Greek manuscripts omit it also. Other disputed books which Eusebius rejected were the Acts of Paul, the Revelation of Peter, and the Teachings of the Apostles.

In 367 A.D., Athanasius sent an Easter letter to the churches of his diocese, listing the books approved for reading in the church. This list matches the current-day New Testament. Thus it wasn't until the fourth century that there was any consensus on which books comprised the Bible.

More Myths about the Bible:
Thread: Myths About the Bible - UPDATE = Add Myth # 8 - doctors of Mythology respond?

MC
Anonymous Coward
United States
09/06/2009 12:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
Don't you think it's a problem that God tells Abraham to kill Isaac? What kind of God is that anyway.

Failed argument: Allah never told Abraham (pbuh) to kill his son in the Quran.
Allah did in fact, prevent this from happening at all.

Peace.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 763672

What I meant of course was "Don't you think it's a problem that your Bible-God, the God you call perfect, tells Abraham to kill Isaac?"
Of course I don't believe that the True God would ever tell a man to kill his son, for any reason. That's why I cannot support or believe in the false bible-god.
Mickeyblue
User ID: 330969
United States
09/06/2009 12:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
NO because I read and study the bible in all of it's laying out of history, how it brought us into grace through the sacrifice of HIS son Jesus to provide us unmerited grace and atonement for all of mankind's sins, past, present and future.

If you can continue to find fault with a God who did this for our unworthy souls please continue in your errant ways. Why, however, that you would, is a mystery.
Unchained

User ID: 653053
United Kingdom
09/06/2009 12:58 PM
Report Abusive Post

--------

But what was called Christianity then bears no resemblence to what after the Church was established and began to use the word. The Catholic Church took the word Christian and made it about a belief in Jesus instead of its original which was those who fought against the established order for more progressive ideas, for change. The ones the Church later called 'early Christians' were Nazarenes, Essenes, Pythagoreans, Buddhists, Krishnas, Those of 'The Way', & others all of whom at various times incurred the wrath of the Roman Emperors and were persecuted and martyred for their beliefs.
When the Roman Church was established, Jesus Christ was invented and the followers of the new religion became known as Christians, taking over the meaning of the name from what it had been before (but still implying progressive, new,change, etc.) If you've ever read or perused the Lives of the Saints, you'll notice that the stories of the Saints from prior to the Church's establishment are very vague in detail, since their beliefs really weren't about any man called Jesus. Whereas the ones after the Church's establishment very clearly state the beliefs they proclaimed and were martyred for and their lives are much more detailed. It's very interesting to see that.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 646448

The Disciples were called Christians long before the Catholic Church was formed. It is not a Catholic invention.
"Traveling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, boy! "
Anonymous Coward
United States
09/06/2009 12:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
NO because I read and study the bible in all of it's laying out of history, how it brought us into grace through the sacrifice of HIS son Jesus to provide us unmerited grace and atonement for all of mankind's sins, past, present and future.

If you can continue to find fault with a God who did this for our unworthy souls please continue in your errant ways. Why, however, that you would, is a mystery.
 Quoting: Mickeyblue 330969

It's a mystery to me how any of what you say you believe can possibly make any sense to you. Sacrifice, atonement, grace, all of mankind's sin - those are just words, there is no truth in them. The Creator and the Universe just don't work that way.
Unchained

User ID: 713235
United Kingdom
09/06/2009 01:18 PM
Report Abusive Post

So that would make it 110AD?. You must be joking. Apart from the 19,000 in copies in the Syriac, Latin, Coptic, and Aramaic languages. The total supporting New Testament manuscript base is over 24,000.
Almost all biblical scholars agree that the New Testament documents were all written before the close of the First Century. If Jesus was crucified in 30 A.D., then that means that the entire New Testament was completed within 70 years. This is important because it means there were plenty of people around when the New Testament documents were penned who could have contested the writings. In other words, those who wrote the documents knew that if they were inaccurate, plenty of people would have pointed it out. But, we have absolutely no ancient documents contemporary with the First Century that contest the New Testament texts.
Furthermore, another important aspect of this discussion is the fact that we have a fragment of the gospel of John that dates back to around 29 years from the original writing. This is extremely close to the original writing date. This is simply unheard of in any other ancient writing and it demonstrates that the Gospel of John is a First Century document. I am sure you will look for another excuse . It happened man,we have a creator,The prophecies were fulfilled and he will return again. Be born again or not,that is your choice.
MagiChristmas

United States
09/06/2009 05:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
RB = Cursed be the man that trusteth in man. 

the Gospel is not latter day saints unless you want to count the last 2000 years as the latter days. Joseph Smith was not a true prophet he was a young man using divination techniques on treasure hunts who invented crazy stories. there is no evidence whatsoever of Jesus coming to North America, or any of the other wild claims in the Book of Mormon.

when the root of a religious movement is bad, the trunk is bad the branches are bad the leaves are bad and ultimately the fruit is bad. no matter how it's gussied up and whitewashed to make it look good it's all based on false teaching and counterfeit 

knowing the real thing -- the Holy Bible -- makes it easy to spot the counterfeit. I've had enough of false teachings they've led me astray one too many times. 

rb
 Quoting: rb 764291

An excerpt = in the interest of brevity. :pingu2:
( Written by a former minister ) 

TRUST IN THE LORD

A common objection raised against those who belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is that we follow the teachings of the President of the Church thereby violating the words of the Bible which states, "Thus saith the LORD; 

Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD" (Jeremiah 17:5). 

The reason for this objection stems from three fundamental doctrines upon which nearly all Christian churches have built their religious faith. The first is that God has ceased giving us revelation through the use of prophets as He once did anciently. This leads to the second belief that the Bible is the final and complete word of God to man. As such, there cannot be any more added to what God has already caused to be written. And this had lead to the third belief that the Bible is to be our sole source of authority on religious matters.

. . .

Whether a church is very large or extremely small, nearly every Christian denomination has someone who does the preaching to their congregation. This person is referred to as a minister, pastor, reverend, preacher, priest, or some other similar title. In the vast majority of cases, these individuals have been trained for the ministry. That is, they have gone through some sort of formal theological instruction where they have been prepared to understand what is contained in the Bible. 

Their schooling involves an in-depth study of the doctrines of their faith and a thorough analysis of the entire Bible and how it relates to and verifies their stated beliefs. They also are educated in the background of the Bible, which would include the geography, language, culture, customs and history of the people, places, and events found in the Bible. And, in many cases, even after they've graduated from seminary training, most pastors continue to increase their skills and knowledge of the Bible by taking additional education courses, as well as attending seminars, conferences, and retreats that are offered for the purpose of helping them increase their understanding of what the Bible teaches. In fact, a person can pursue their educational training to the point where they can obtain a Ph.D. in religion. Some go on to specialize in various aspects of religion, becoming a Professor of such subjects as Hebrew or Semitic languages, ancient religious history, or comparative religion, to name just a few.

Armed with this knowledge, the pastor goes forth equipped and prepared to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ to others. Their job not only is to bring souls to Christ by helping them understand how to gain salvation, but, more importantly, to teach both the newly converted as well as the long-time faithful how to grow in their Christian life. Each Sunday (or other day of worship) they stand before their congregation and preach a sermon that's intended to edify, educate, inspire, and improve the understanding of those in attendance on what God expects of them. And they do this by exhorting, expounding, explaining, and emphasizing the things found in the Bible.

For the most part, the members of a congregation have little or no formal biblical training, especially compared to that of their minister. Furthermore, they don't attend the seminars and conferences which their pastor is invited to. Therefore, they come to church for the specific purpose of being taught what the Bible says, in the same way a student comes to class to learn from a teacher. As such, it is the pastor whom the members of the congregation look to for their guidance and instruction in what the Bible teaches. He is the knowledgeable person they go to for answers concerning God's word. He is the one whom they rely upon to help them understand God's word. As such, it is his words they depend on for their understanding of what the Bible teaches concerning how to receive salvation and how to continue in their daily walk with Christ.

But this is no different than what the pastor himself has gone through. At one time, he too was brought to Christ by the preaching of a minister. As a student in seminary class, he was taught by men what the Bible teaches. As such, both the pastor and the members of his congregation have depended on the words of man to tell them what God's word wants them to know. Thus, all Christians, whether they wish to acknowledge it or not, depend on man, not God for their understanding of what the Bible teaches. Yet, not one of these instructors of religion even claims to be teaching by divine inspiration, because, according to their own stated beliefs, God no longer speaks to man in that manner.

However, instead of admitting that they're relying on the words of man to understand God's word, nearly all Christians claim their beliefs are based solely on what is found in the Bible. Therefore, they say that their minister is not preaching their own doctrine but rather is simply explaining what God has already revealed in His written word. Yet, if this were truly the case, then there would be no differences of opinion concerning biblical teachings. That means, it shouldn't matter whether someone goes to a Lutheran church, and Episcopal church, a Baptist Church, a Seventh-day Adventist church, or a Catholic Church because they would all be teaching the same doctrines. However, we know that is not the case. The very reason why there are different denominations is because of disagreements between people on what the Bibles says. (for a more in-depth study of these differences see my article entitled "The Authority of God" )

Those who belong to the Lutheran faith base their doctrines on the teachings of the man, Martin Luther, a 16th century reformist. Thus, to be a Lutheran means that a person subscribes to or agrees with the biblical doctrines taught by Martin Luther. Since he is the founder of this religion, it is his ideas of what the Bible says that is taught in this church. He is the one that all other Lutheran ministers rely upon for their understanding of God's word. Accordingly, they interpret all verses of scripture in conformance to the teachings of the man Martin Luther.

Inspired by Martin Luther, John Calvin took up the torch of reforming the church. However, he took exception with Luther on several fundamental points of doctrine, especially concerning the subject of salvation. Today, those who follow the teachings of John Calvin are known as Calvinists, and practice what they refer to as Reformed Theology. Since John Calvin was the father and founder of this religion, it is his words, in the form of writings and sermons, that form the foundation upon which this church understands all biblical verses. As with the Lutheran faith, to be a member of this church means that a person must subscribe to and agree with the viewpoint which the man John Calvin taught.

Although there are many similarities between these two oldest Protestant denominations, there are also some very significant differences. Yet, both religious faiths make the claim that they are not teaching the doctrines of men but are only teaching what God Himself has written in the Bible. Nevertheless, having made that claim, neither one can completely agree with the other on what the Bible actually teaches.

Following in the footsteps of these two men came the establishment of other Protestant churches, such as the Methodists, Episcopalians, Mennonites, Quakers, etc. And with each new denomination, we see even more doctrinal differences of ideas, each one championed by a prominent preacher. So persuasive were these ministers that they developed a following of believers who accepted their word as being the only correct understanding of what the Bible taught.

Today we find this same situation existing among all denominations. A person regularly attends a particular faith mainly because they agree with the teachings of that church. But, if there comes a time when an individual no longer can accept the doctrinal position of that church, they will switch to a different religious organization with whose teachings they can agree. As such, they are not actually following what is in the Bible, but rather are being persuaded or dissuaded by the ideas, interpretations, and reasoning which men, known as ministers, pastors, or preachers, are teaching. Therefore, in reality, nearly all Christians follow the words of men, not God.

It might be argued by some that this is not an accurate statement because people can read the Bible for themselves to determine whether or not a particular pastor or church is following what the Bible itself teaches. And if they conclude that the church they are attending is straying from the teachings of the Bible, then they will move their membership to a church that does teach biblical truth. However, there is a glaring error with this argument because both the pastor and the disagreeing member each think they have the correct understanding of God's word. It could be said that since the pastor has received theological training in the Bible, while the congregational member hasn't, it is the pastor who has the greater insight into God's word.. Yet, on the other hand, it can be argued that the Bible is sufficiently clear in its message that a person doesn't need training in the ministry to understand God's message of salvation. But, if that is the case, then it would seem there shouldn't be any doctrinal disagreements among people, especially among serious students of the Bible.

Furthermore, what such an argument implies is that the responsibility for determining what the Bible teaches is left up to each individual. But, if that were truly the case, then we wouldn't need anyone to treach us what the Bible says. All we would need to do is read the Bible for ourselves. However, under such a condition each person would become their own final authority in judging what is the correct teachings of the Bible, based upon their own level of knowledge. In such a case, each person would then be putting their trust in themselves to know what they should believe rather than relying on what someone else tells them. And, indeed, it is because of this very situation that has led to there being literally tens of thousands of different Christian denominations in the world today.

Yet, surprising as it may seem, this is the exact opposite of what the Bible teaches. The apostle Paul talked about the dangers of people relying on their own personal ideas and leading others astray from the truth. He warned that people could easily be swayed "to and fro by every wind of doctrine" that came along (Eph. 4:14). He continually admonished the Christian saints to be of one mind and to come to a unity of the faith (Romans 12:16; 2 Cor. 13:11; Eph. 4:13; Phil. 1:27). He expressly wrote that they were to listen to his words and to reject anyone who taught a doctrine different than what he had delivered unto them (Galatians 1:8). It was "the apostles' doctrine" which the earliest Christians followed, not their own ideas (Acts 2:42).

However, when members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints follow the "the apostles' doctrines" as taught by modern-day, living apostles and prophets, who claim to be just as inspired as their ancient counterparts, many in the Christian community complain that we are putting our trust in man, rather than in God, while claiming they are following God rather than trusting in man.

Perhaps we can illustrate this by way of an example. Let's say that a master carpenter wrote a book explaining how to create ... - [link to www.14lds.com]

MC
Unchained

User ID: 655475
United Kingdom
09/06/2009 05:47 PM
Report Abusive Post

Well we know what happens to a story when it is done orally.I had this little experament in school where the teacher would say a saying to the first person in the class.By the time it got to last person in the class

I do truly wish you the best and hope things work out for you for whatever you believe.I just want to give you a suggestion.Please for your own good try to be a little more kind in the way you speak to people.You may find that

Love and peace be with

Dude,the people thousands of years ago did not have e.mail,txts,phones etc. They were experts in oral communication . I did that school experiment too. No comparison. They would make most of us look retarded. I kid you not.
ShadowFox  (OP)

User ID: 764140
Malaysia
09/07/2009 05:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
The real 'GOD' that Abrahamic faithers worship.

[link to en.wikipedia.org]
danhow

United Kingdom
09/09/2009 03:59 AM
Report Abusive Post

So that would make it 110AD?. You must be joking. Apart from the 19,000 in copies in the Syriac, Latin, Coptic, and Aramaic languages. The total supporting New Testament manuscript base is over 24,000.
Almost all biblical scholars agree that the New Testament documents were all written before the close of the First Century. If Jesus was crucified in 30 A.D., then that means that the entire New Testament was completed within 70 years. This is important because it means there were plenty of people around when the New Testament documents were penned who could have contested the writings. In other words, those who wrote the documents knew that if they were inaccurate, plenty of people would have pointed it out. But, we have absolutely no ancient documents contemporary with the First Century that contest the New Testament texts.
Furthermore, another important aspect of this discussion is the fact that we have a fragment of the gospel of John that dates back to around 29 years from the original writing. This is extremely close to the original writing date. This is simply unheard of in any other ancient writing and it demonstrates that the Gospel of John is a First Century document. I am sure you will look for another excuse . It happened man,we have a creator,The prophecies were fulfilled and he will return again. Be born again or not,that is your choice.
 Quoting: Unchained

Answer for yourself: How can we know this for sure?

Your serious study into this area of concern for the Christian will reveal to you many things. First of all thousands of years before Jesus, there was another passion story told about a God man, born of a virgin mother, in a stable. He travels about with his followers, preaching and performing miracles, including turning water into wine. Eventually, he incurs the wrath of the religious authorities, who are appalled that he refers to himself as a god. He allows himself to be arrested and tried for blasphemy. He is found guilty and executed and crucified only to rise from the grave three days later, where the women weeping at his tomb do not recognize him until he assumes his divine form-as the God Dionysus/Baccus. This picture reveals to you the icon for this ancient story that predates our "Jesus Story" by thousands of years. You see this personified solar deity and his "crucifixion" on the Cross of the Sun depicted in the religious icon that predates Christianity by thousands of years.

Serious study into this area will show you, for example, that there is an inscription in the Vatican that states plainly, "He who will not eat of my body, nor drink of my blood, so that he may be one with me and I with him, shall not be saved." This is not terribly surprising, unless you consider that this is inscribed on the remains of the temple the Vatican was built on one dedicated to the God Mithras. Such eerie parallels between the pronouncements of Jesus and Mithras are not the only similarities between the two religions. Mithras was known to his followers as "The light of the world," or "The good shepherd," and exhorted his followers to share ritual communion. Mithras was also reputedly born in a cave, with shepherds in attendance, on the twenty-fifth of December.

Answer for yourself: Are these just coincidences?

Consider this. Several other Gods share the December birthday, and like Mithras, they are also solar deities, who are born in the Winter Solstices, often of virgin mothers, die, and are reborn. One of these, a pre-Christian deity called Attis, was called "The lamb of God," and his crucifixion and subsequent resurrection were celebrated annually, with ritual communions of bread and wine. His virgin mother, Cybele, was worshipped as "The Queen of heaven." It gets more interesting the further back we look- Attis and Cybele's predecessors are the Babylonian Goddess Ishtar, and her consort Tammuz. It is from their legend that we get the name for the annual celebration of the resurrection of Christ at Easter, a name of the Goddess Ishtar. This is not the only coincidence related to this ancient couple. The earliest use of the cross as a religious symbol is related to Tammuz! The Solar cross is probably the oldest religious symbol in the world, appearing in Asian, American, European, and Indian religious art from the dawn of history. Composed of a equal armed cross within a circle, it represents the solar calendar and the movements of the Sun, marked by the Solstices. Sometimes the Equinoxes are marked as well, giving an eight armed wheel. The swastika is also a form of Solar cross. In fact, crosses are related to a variety of solar deities because of the Vernal Equinox where the Sun rises from the Southern Hemisphere into the Northern Hemisphere and in so doing the Sun rises above the "intersection of ecliptical orbit of the Earth around the Sun and its own Celestial Equator; the two intersections of these Astronomical Planes forming a "cross" in the Heavens (the Sun, "personified as the Son", was "crucified on a cross" in the Heavens before the foundation of the world).

We live in a day where the inrush of information from modern scholarship as well as the evidences unearthed from archeology over the last two hundred years, and especially the last 50 years, is proving beyond a doubt that modern Christianity has never known the inner meaning of its own Bible let alone the Divine Truths that lay behind Christianity's erroneous interpretation of "the Christ". I know, some will think that such a statement is ludicrous but I assure you had you been equipped with the knowledge about the subjects of which I speak and teach then you would known for certain that such a bold assertion can be made and supported beyond any doubt in today's world. It is a sobering thought indeed to come finally to the realization through years of serious study that you, as a typical Christian, have never correctly understood or comprehended the true Divine message of the Bible as these stories we cherish in our Bibles were in the beginning originally understood by its writers and earliest audiences. It is my hope that these thought provoking articles and information provided by Bet Emet Ministries will help awaken the minds of the readers in order that they may perceive, maybe for the first time in their lives, the recondite and hidden sense in the Scriptures that they read and which has been misinterpreted by mainline Christianity over the last 1,700 years.

[link to paganizingfaithofyeshua.netfirms.com]
danhow

United Kingdom
09/09/2009 04:04 AM
Report Abusive Post

Dude,the people thousands of years ago did not have e.mail,txts,phones etc. They were experts in oral communication . I did that school experiment too. No comparison. They would make most of us look retarded. I kid you not.
 Quoting: Unchained

So have you traveled back in time to find that out or what?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 733437
United States
09/09/2009 08:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
well god knew about his son JESUS and how he is the perfect sacrifice. he loved his creation (in the image of god, to be LIKE god) even before 1:1 in genesis.

god administers tests to see your meddle, what your really made of to see what is deep down in your heart.

you forgot to realize that god gave you that freedom of choice. "to know both KNOWLEDGE of good and evil". god knew what abraham was going to do.

it was abraham that needed to prove and to trust and be obideant and truly believe in the will and testemant of god.

remember before that whole ordeal in genesis 22?

genesis 17

ABRAHAMIC COVENANT

1Now when Abram was ninety-nine years old, the LORD appeared to Abram and said to him,"I am God Almighty;Walk before Me, and be blameless.

2"I will establish My covenant between Me and you, And I will multiply you exceedingly."

3Abram fell on his face, and God talked with him, saying,

4"As for Me, behold, My covenant is with you, And you will be the father of a multitude of nations.

5"No longer shall your name be called Abram, But your name shall be Abraham; For I have made you the father of a multitude of nations.

6"I will make you exceedingly fruitful, and I will make nations of you, and kings will come forth from you.

7"I will establish My covenant between Me and you and your descendants after you throughout their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and to your descendants after you.

note: he was promised a son which will come a great nation in genesis 12:2 and 15:4 for OBEYING gods will and testament during WAR OF THE KINGS genesis 14. .(in actuallity i say 2 nations).

also abraham wasnt as trusting and believed in god at first.

giving his wife to the pharrises pawning her off as his sister because he was afraid they would kill him. instead of bucking under pressure.

also having a child with hagar (the egyptian maid) because sarah could not concive a child. (barren) can you see the impatience? and lack of TRUST on abrahams part. this why i say 2 nations.

ALSO

genesis 17:

16I will bless her, and indeed I will give you a son by her Then I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations;kings of peoples will come from her."

17Then Abraham fell on his face and laughed, and said IN HIS HEART,

"Will a child be born to a man one hundred years old? And will Sarah, who is ninety years old, bear a child?"

18And Abraham said to God, "Oh that Ishmael might live before You!"

19But God said, "No, but Sarah your wife will bear you a son, and you shall call his name Isaac; and I will establish My covenant with him for an everlasting covenant for his descendants after him.

20"As for Ishmael, I have heard you; behold, I will bless him, and will make him fruitful and will multiply him exceedingly He shall become the father of twelve princes, and I will make him a great nation.

SO DO YOU SEE HOW IN HIS HEART HE STILL DOESNT 100% TRUST AND BELIEVE IN GOD.

ABRAHAM LAUGHED AT GOD. in his heart he doubted.

if you lost something that you had an abundance of you really could care less.

once sarah had conceived and bore the son that really made abraham believe. also because god also promised a blessed nation would come from his new son he like any other father would not give up your son for the world, esspecially since abraham and sarah were in there old age and sarah was barren.

so when god later commands abraham to give his blessed only true son (not a bastard child) at the young age of 20 up to god which god him self promised that a multitude of nations ? later in the ordeal in genesis 22 the KEY TO THE ENEMIES, ALL THE NATIONS SHALL BE BLEESED THROUGH HIS SEED. (JESUS CHRIST)

NOW I ASK

if you lost something that you had an abundance of, you really could care less.

NOW if it was considered precious or valuable I BET YOU WOULD THINK MORE THAN TWICE.

THATS WHAT YOU CALL A SACRIFICE

HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF GOD PROMISED YOU A SON AND A COVENANT FROM A BARREN WOMEN,YET YOU STILL LAUGH AND DOUBT HIS TRUST/ABILITIES/ KNOWLEDGE.
AND STILL GOD MADE GOOD ON HIS PROMISES. INFACT ALL HIS OFFERS AND PROMISES. AND NOW HAVE THE SAME GOD WANT TO TAKE THAT SON HE GAVE TO YOU THAT YOU CHERISH AND LOVE SO MUCH?

SIMPLE FACT GOD WANTED ABRAHAM TO TRULY DEEPLY UNCONDITIONALLY TRUST IN THE LORD/GOD WITH ALL HIS HEART. HE WILL NEVER BREAK A PROMISE just as HE INTENDED TO DO FROM THE GET GO BEFORE GEN 1:1.

HE PASSED THE TEST

so that is why at the alter god knew the answer it was abraham that truly deeply needed to trust in what the good lord says, he knows what hes doing.

a lesson satan and there minions could learn.

also not to mention the important covenant was to come from the trust and obedeance of that test. genesis 22:18 THE KEY TO YOUR ENEMIES. ALL THE NATIONS SHALL BE BLESSED.

SEE ALSO HOW IT PARALELLS THE FATHER SACRFICING THE BLESSED SON.

THE SON OF MAN

according to my bible god doesnt like disobediance and not trusting in him. belive me he knows deep down in your heart whos true and whos not.

peace on your journey.
where ever it may lead

hf

REMEMBER EVRYONE THE OFFER (FREE) OF ETERNAL LIFE MAY NOT BE THERE TO SUITE YOU AT YOUR CONVENIANCE. TIME IS TICKING

for yesterday was given to us, tommorrow is not promised that is why today is the present.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 733437
United States
09/09/2009 08:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
Praise the holy Of Holy :: God allowed Lucifer and his followers to to kill his son to save you from your conventioneer !! Lucifer's tares won't understand this until the harvest !! Praise The Lamb:: Amen

even if ye had valid arguments, ye sound like such a fanatic that i have no interest in listening to ye.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 763777

look at my post.

DANHOW are you still at it again?

stop pushing your false propaganda agenda on people please.

i thought you knew you cant force the sheep to drink the koolaid?

gday

peace
danhow

United Kingdom
09/09/2009 09:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
Praise the holy Of Holy :: God allowed Lucifer and his followers to to kill his son to save you from your conventioneer !! Lucifer's tares won't understand this until the harvest !! Praise The Lamb:: Amen

even if ye had valid arguments, ye sound like such a fanatic that i have no interest in listening to ye.

look at my post.

DANHOW are you still at it again?

stop pushing your false propaganda agenda on people please.

i thought you knew you cant force the sheep to drink the koolaid?

gday

peace
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 733437

Who are you to say that what I put here is false?
I can easily say to you to Stop pushing your false propaganda agenda on people.I recommend you do some
research.

What we fail to realize and understand today is that 2,000 years ago, both Pagans and Christians were well aware that the "Jesus Story" was only a Spiritual Myth concerning the Descent of the Soul into matter (flesh)

Actually there is barely a shred of evidence for the existence of an historical Jesus and this dissolves on closer inspection. Paul, the earliest Christian source, shows no knowledge of an historical man, only a mystical Christ. The gospels have been thoroughly discredited as eyewitness reports. Other bits of traditional evidence, such as references to Jesus by the Jewish historian Josephus, have been shown to be later forgeries. If solid evidence had existed, there would have been no need to have created such fabrications

The world's religions, including Christianity, are nothing more than rewritten versions of an older story held dear by the earliest sages and priest of mankind that can be found on this planet; namely, the story of the birth, death, and rebirth of the Sun as it makes it circuit through the sky and the Zodiac once a year.
Wingedlion

User ID: 766603
United States
09/09/2009 10:45 AM
Report Abusive Post

Love and peace be with

I appreciate the kind words. My mission here is to root out all generational Satanist and engage them in battle so that they will no longer pose a threat to mankind. As long as I am kind, loving, and quiet, they are not disturbed; but when I go after them, and use their own mind control programming against them, and "trigger" a reaction, then they become motivated to try to stop me.

This method has brought the destruction of many of the world's most powerful satanist and members of the NWO against me in battle, fulfilling my mission and allowing me to be obedient to my Lord and Savior who has opened a seal judgment against them.

Also, my words cause controversy, and that ignites reactions that bring more people on to this forum...especially more of the kind of people that I am commissioned to destroy in spiritual warfare, so with all due respect, I have a mission. If you are offended, it is not personal, just business.
danhow

United Kingdom
09/09/2009 10:54 AM
Report Abusive Post

I appreciate the kind words. My mission here is to root out all generational Satanist and engage them in battle so that they will no longer pose a threat to mankind. As long as I am kind, loving, and quiet, they are not disturbed; but when I go after them, and use their own mind control programming against them, and "trigger" a reaction, then they become motivated to try to stop me.

This method has brought the destruction of many of the world's most powerful satanist and members of the NWO against me in battle, fulfilling my mission and allowing me to be obedient to my Lord and Savior who has opened a seal judgment against them.

Also, my words cause controversy, and that ignites reactions that bring more people on to this forum...especially more of the kind of people that I am commissioned to destroy in spiritual warfare, so with all due respect, I have a mission. If you are offended, it is not personal, just business.

I think that is very admirable of you to take out satinist.
I'm just highly sceptical of you.
Do you mean that you battle them through the astral or other dimensions?I somehow think you are making this up.
Whether you are making it up or not,I guess it don't really matter.So tell which groups of satiniist have you taken out so far?I know there is satinist but I don't believe in the Myth of Satan.I believe it is more of the doing of the Elite Reptilians or as you call them Nephalem.

GLP